1.    #1  
    I have been having an issue with my Treo 650's cingular voicemail service (only after doing the Treo firmware update) where now I am not able to delete a voicemail message that I'm listening to until the message is fully completed (as opposed to before the update where it would allow me to delete it at any point)...This is extremely annoying, as I found out first hand today when someone left me a voicemail, then left their phone off the hook for about ten minutes...I was unable to delete this message until I'd waited on speakerphone for the length of this call...

I called cingular about this, and their tech department told me that it was a known issue and that they were working on a solution, but there was no solution at this point...they suggested that I type the #3 while listening to the voicemail message to fast forward it to the end, then I would be able to hit #7 to delete...this worked, but come on now...how obnoxious! Anyway else experienced this issue, and/or have found any alternative methods of coping/fixing the problem?
    I have never been able to delete Cingular voicemail messages before totally listening to them (before or update the lastest Treo update.) This includes using other phones as well.

My guess is this has nothing to do with what phone you have and everything to do with which voicemail platform Cingular has you assigned to (it's based on region.) I beleive Cingular currently has at least two voicemail platforms in place at present. They also recently did an upgrade and switched many users (myself included.) It could just be a coincidence that it happened right around the time the update was released.
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I have never been able to delete Cingular voicemail messages before totally listening to them (before or update the lastest Treo update.) This includes using other phones as well.

My guess is this has nothing to do with what phone you have and everything to do with which voicemail platform Cingular has you assigned to (it's based on region.) I beleive Cingular currently has at least two voicemail platforms in place at present. They also recently did an upgrade and switched many users (myself included.) It could just be a coincidence that it happened right around the time the update was released.
    I've always (and even now) been able to delete voice messages while they are playing by repeatedly pressing the 7 key. After 3 or 4 quick presses, they go away. Still works after my upgrade.
    David
    I always fast forward to end of message, then delete. I was a former AT&T user and now Cingular, so I assume the voicemail keys are the same.

1. Fast forward to end of message - press 33
    2. Delete - press 7

John