1.    #1  
    I have a treo 600 from at&t (now cingular) and just bought a unlocked treo 650. I switched the sim card to the 650 and would like to unlock the 600 so my doughter can use it in europe. I am a "newby", can I still do it or is it to complicated? Thanks in advance for any help!
    OK, heres some treo keys
    You need to call AT&T and ask them for an unlock code. Usually they'll give it to you if you have an account in good standing and have been a customer for 6 months or more. Or you can use one of the online unlock services and pay $50 to get the code from them.
    unlockcellular.com it's $24.99 and if you use coupon code TreoCentral you get $5.00 off.
    all you need is the hotsync cable and the directions on the website, make sure you follow each word.

I've unlocked 2 treo 650s with it. using my cingular treo 650 with tmobile now, cuz cingular sucks my ballz now.
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    unlockcellular.com it's $24.99 and if you use coupon code TreoCentral you get $5.00 off.
    all you need is the hotsync cable and the directions on the website, make sure you follow each word.

I've unlocked 2 treo 650s with it. using my cingular treo 650 with tmobile now, cuz cingular sucks my ballz now.
    If you do not have a SIM card that you know does not work can you still unlock the phone? The process on-line states to put in a non-working SIM card when you are entering the unlock code. What if you do not have a SIM card? All I have is the one I have from my Cingular Blue account.

However, I do have a buddy at the office who has an ancient Cingular orange phone with a Cingular SIM card. the SIM card is the same as mine but when I put it in my Treo 650 it says my phone will not work with this SIM card and emergency calls only. Will that card work for the unlocking process?
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    If you do not have a SIM card that you know does not work can you still unlock the phone? The process on-line states to put in a non-working SIM card when you are entering the unlock code. What if you do not have a SIM card? All I have is the one I have from my Cingular Blue account.

However, I do have a buddy at the office who has an ancient Cingular orange phone with a Cingular SIM card. the SIM card is the same as mine but when I put it in my Treo 650 it says my phone will not work with this SIM card and emergency calls only. Will that card work for the unlocking process?
    Yes it'll still work.
    I tested it before I unlocked, I had 1 active cingular sim, 1 inactive cingular sim and 1 inactive att sim. and a locked cingular treo 650.

I inserted the inactive cingular sim and it says inactive sim and it still searched for a signal.

I inserted the inactive att, and it says invalid sim.

After I unlock, and i inserted the att sim, it says inactive sim and searched for a signal.
    unlockcellular is the bomb!!!!! I just took less then 5 minutes of my day to unlock my phone! A friend of mine at work has a Cingular orange phone so I put his SIM card in my Treo 650 and it was a no go. ( I am Cingular blue ) As soon as I ran the unlockcellular software my phone was unlocked and I could easily access the Cingular network using my friends SIM card. I even checked the phone info and it was his number.

Screw Cingular and save your self the headache of arguing with them and listening to their lies about unlocking your phone. go to www.unlockcingular.com and put in the promo code "treocentral" to get $5.00 off of the unlock. for $19.99 you cannot beat it anywhere!!!