1.    #1  
    I am transferring my family plan from T-mobile to Cingular on Monday and getting new Palm Treo 650 (myself) and Motorola RAZR (my girlfriend). I am a little bit confused though about the data plans. As i understand it is hard to get Media Net plan for PDA. Do you think it would work if i tell them what the Media Net is for a RAZR and after i just switch the SIM cards? Is it going to work or they be able to see me doing this somehow by IMEI# ?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    It will work.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by storas
    I am transferring my family plan from T-mobile to Cingular on Monday and getting new Palm Treo 650 (myself) and Motorola RAZR (my girlfriend). I am a little bit confused though about the data plans. As i understand it is hard to get Media Net plan for PDA. Do you think it would work if i tell them what the Media Net is for a RAZR and after i just switch the SIM cards? Is it going to work or they be able to see me doing this somehow by IMEI# ?
    All you need to do is purchase the plan here after you have the phone(s). Worked great for me and no one has asked which phone I've activated it for.
    David
  4.    #4  
    MEdia Net packages are not available on PDAs, RIM devices, or PC card modems. MEdia Net packages are not intended for tethering. Cingular reserves the right to remove customers from MEdia Net packages for the use of a wireless device as an interface to other devices or networks, as determined by Cingular, including but not limited to device tethering.

It is in Media legal notices:

http://www.cingular.com/media/media_legal#section2
    Quote Originally Posted by storas
    MEdia Net packages are not available on PDAs, RIM devices, or PC card modems. MEdia Net packages are not intended for tethering. Cingular reserves the right to remove customers from MEdia Net packages for the use of a wireless device as an interface to other devices or networks, as determined by Cingular, including but not limited to device tethering.

It is in Media legal notices:

http://www.cingular.com/media/media_legal#section2
    Handy info - but I'm telling you that myself - and many others - are enjoying the use of MediaNet by buying it directly from Cinguar's website. If it is "removed" sometime in the future, I'll deal with it; until then, it's party time!
    David