1.    #1  
    I just bought a new Cingular branded Treo 650, and had it unlocked. Im using it with Tmobile. I wanted to update the firmware, but which one do I use? The new Cingular update or the GSM update? Any help would be appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by BiGIzDD
    I just bought a new Cingular branded Treo 650, and had it unlocked. Im using it with Tmobile. I wanted to update the firmware, but which one do I use? The new Cingular update or the GSM update? Any help would be appreciated.
    I have the same thing.

well they both are different firmwares..
    but if you want the NEWEST AND LATEST, the Cingular has the highest version numbers.

The "unbranded" ROW versions are:
    Firmware: 01.28
    Software: Treo650-1.13-ROW

The latest Cingular update is:
    Firmware: 01.31
    Software: 1.15-cng (or cnb for att)

If you use the unbranded row, then run the Cingular update ONCE you will get:
    Firmware: 01.31
    Software 1.13 row. without all the cingular addons.

if you run the Cingular update twice, you'll get the full cingular1.31/1.15.
    Some people in the forums here is doing the mix of 1.31/1.13. I'm also pondering of doing the same thing.

How do you get a phone unlocked???? I would love to unlock mine!!!
    Cingular Branded,,,er I mean Att branded Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by contrails
    How do you get a phone unlocked???? I would love to unlock mine!!!
    www.unlockcellular.com
    I've unlocked 2 treos from there. $24.99 use the coupon code TreoCentral and get $5.00 off. $19.99 total.

all you need is the hotsync cable. make sure you read and follow the directions.
    I would use ROW with that phone.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Global Posts
    645 Global Posts
    Do you need a Windows computer?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by iomatic
    Do you need a Windows computer?

Thanks.
    are you asking about unlockcellular? yes you need windows to use their remote unlock service to unlock treo 650.