1. TZL
    Hey folks,

please give me some advice, where can i get the best deal on a Treo 650 with contract renewal.....i'm an existing cingular customer who is out of contract already (like 2yrs ago)

I want a treo 650 on the mediaworks plan (19.99 or whatever its called) not the PDA connect plan

thanks in advance,

Ting
    In my search, I found that ONLY cingular will allow a current customer to get new customer pricing. In other words, if you want to stay with cingular and get a "good" deal on a Treo, you've got to go through them and pay $399 with 2 yr. voice/data service plan. It sucks that we can't stay with our current providers without getting mugged on phones.
    Palm is offering a rebate with new purchase/service ($100 rebate on 2 year contract). Also look for deals on TC and mytreo.net.
    Quote Originally Posted by jposin
    Palm is offering a rebate with new purchase/service ($100 rebate on 2 year contract). Also look for deals on TC and mytreo.net.
    I called about this and it's only for NEW customer's. I searched high and low, contacted several companies, and the only way to get new customer pricing on a phone upgrade if you're already with cingular is to go through them direct. It's ridiculous, if you ask me. :\
  5. TZL
    thanks guys for the help........yeah its totally stupid

i know cell phone providers are focused on getting new customers and that is why they give new customer discounts, however not losing an existing customer is just as valuable as gaining a new one........too bad cingular doesn't understand

local independent shops are offering treo 650 GSMs as low as $199 with 1 yr contracts, so i seems ridiculous to pay cingular $399 for one when you can buy NIB 650 GSMs on craigslist for the same price or $20-30 more..... oh well.

i'll probably just buy one on craigslist, renew my contract for a razr black, and sell the razr black to recoupe some of the treo 650 costs........
    Quote Originally Posted by TZL
    thanks guys for the help........yeah its totally stupid

i know cell phone providers are focused on getting new customers and that is why they give new customer discounts, however not losing an existing customer is just as valuable as gaining a new one........too bad cingular doesn't understand

local independent shops are offering treo 650 GSMs as low as $199 with 1 yr contracts, so i seems ridiculous to pay cingular $399 for one when you can buy NIB 650 GSMs on craigslist for the same price or $20-30 more..... oh well.

i'll probably just buy one on craigslist, renew my contract for a razr black, and sell the razr black to recoupe some of the treo 650 costs........
    That's the ticket. And it's what I'm going to do. I bought my treo new from someone on here and when i comes time to renew, I"m going to buy a phone cheap and sell it for a few $$. Probably on Hofo. I'll have to do a little more work and make sure I get a phone that I can unlock (because that greatly increases its resale value) and go from there. Not a huge hassle and I figure I'll be able to make $100 or so to offset some of my cell bill.