Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Is anybody using successfully the unlimited MediaNet package for their Cingular Treo 650. 40$/month for the PDA package is outright ridiculous.
    I've used unlimited Medianet for 6 months with no overcharges. My monthly bill weighs a ton but I'm paying $19.99.
    Ditto. When I got the 650, the Cingular guy told me I HAD to have the data plan for $45/mo, but I had read on the forum that media net unlimited (then $25/mo) would work. I asked him why I needed the more expensive plan. He told me that e-mail would work only with PDA plan (they just make stuff up as they go!).

Medianet unlimited works fine (e-mail too, of course). I was in the store a month later with my daughter and found that the price had dropped to $20/mo (but if you were paying $25, only if you asked to be changed to the $20/ mon plan). So now I download anything I want for $20.

Only drawback is that the plan does not include text messaging. You can pay as you go $.10 each, or pay like $5 for unlimited text messaging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sputnik57
    Only drawback is that the plan does not include text messaging. You can pay as you go $.10 each, or pay like $5 for unlimited text messaging.
    Cingular does NOT have a $5 unlimited text messaging plan, or have I been hibernating for too long
    My $20/month unlimited plan includes a boatload of text messages. 1000, I think.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    thats cuz u have Unlimited MediaWorks, which is an old plan that they dont offer anymore unless you grandfathered it into your contract
    I have th e $19.99 unlimited plan and it rocks.

Who wants to think about how many bytes you've transfered? I've streamed mp3's to my treo with mmplayer for an hour and not gotten any over charges or anything.
    the unlimited data package doesnt include any texts AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK. $I$ $have$ $the$ $$20$ $unlimited$ $data$ $plan$ $and$ $also$ $pay$ $$10$ $for$ $1000$ $text$ $messages$.
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    thats cuz u have Unlimited MediaWorks, which is an old plan that they dont offer anymore unless you grandfathered it into your contract
    You are correct; they do not offer it anymore.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    On Cingular's site under "My Features" it doesn't list MEdia Net-Unlimited as one of my options, only MEdia Net 1,5,10 mb promos, MEdia Works and MEdia basic. Did you have call CS to activate your unlimited plan?
    Incidently, I purchased my T650 from Palmone, so I am assuming Cingular still shows that I have a Mot V551 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawson819
    On Cingular's site under "My Features" it doesn't list MEdia Net-Unlimited as one of my options, only MEdia Net 1,5,10 mb promos, MEdia Works and MEdia basic. Did you have call CS to activate your unlimited plan?
    Incidently, I purchased my T650 from Palmone, so I am assuming Cingular still shows that I have a Mot V551 ?
    I had the same problem (might still, don't know yet. When I looked at My Features I saw:

Feature

Monthly Charge
    Select
    MEdia Net 10 mb Promo $14.99
    MEdia Net 1 mb Promo $4.99
    MEdia Net 5 mb Promo $9.99
    Text Messaging 50 $2.99
    Text Messaging 2500 $19.99
    Text Messaging 1000 $9.99
    Text Messaging 200 $4.99
    MEdia Works $19.99
    MEdia Basic $9.99
    Voice Connect $4.99

What I did was to log out, go shopping for features, navigate to the Media page, and there it gave me the opportunity to sign for up MediaNet Unlimited by choosing the package and then putting in my phone number and zip code. I received an online message that read:

Your package will be added within 72 hours. If you have any questions, please contact Customer Care at 1-866-CINGULAR, or dial 611 from your wireless phone.

So, I guess 72 hours will tell the story. I keep checking back, but nothing in the past 4 hours since I've tried it. Will let you (and everyone else) know once I see it (hopefully) within my features.
    David
    Thanks for the info dsilver, I look forward to hearing your results.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rawson819
    Thanks for the info dsilver, I look forward to hearing your results.
    Me too
    David
    I've got the Cingular MediaNet Unlimited plan, and have been using it pretty heavily since March. No problems or overchanges on my bill with overages, or with using it with DUN. When I signed up for it, I was consolidating my Cingular account that I'd gotten with my Treo 650 in with my fiancee (who inherited my AT&T Wireless Treo 270 from me) and asked them to add MediaNet Unlimited for my phone number as part of the process. The guy I was working with didn't have a problem with it, he just wanted to know the number that I wanted to register it for.
    I just signed up using the media page, we'll see if it works.
    Are you all talking about Media Net Unlimited for $20? You don't have to do anything sneaky to get that plan, that's been $20 for about a month now.

I thought you all had found a path to get the old Media Works Unlimited plan for $20 with unlimited data and lots of SMS and MMS.
    I have the old $20/month Unlimited MediaNet plan from my original plan for the Treo 600, and I've decided to keep it since the new unlimited plan costs twice as much, and doesn't have the ton of SMS and MMS. Just doesn't make any sense to get less for my money.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    Are you all talking about Media Net Unlimited for $20? You don't have to do anything sneaky to get that plan, that's been $20 for about a month now.

I thought you all had found a path to get the old Media Works Unlimited plan for $20 with unlimited data and lots of SMS and MMS.
    If you aren't a current user of the Net Unlimited plan, you WON'T find it in "Available Features" when logged into your account; you do have to be sneaky, in that you have to navigate to the Media page while logged out of your account. Well, here it is several hours after I tried to sign up for it this way, and My Features are:

Feature

Monthly Charge
    Expanded Home Area $0.00
    GAIT Calling Area $0.00
    Call Forwarding $0.00
    Cingular Domestic LD $0.00
    Cingular Roam LD $0.00
    Cingular Direct Bill $0.00
    5000 Night/Wknd Mins $0.00
    700 Rollover Mins $0.00
    Text Messaging $0.00
    OffNetwork Roaming $0.00
    GSM Coverage Area $0.00
    Primary Line $0.00
    Internet Pay Per Use $0.00
    LockLine Insurance $3.99
    Roadside Assistance (Expired 09/07/05 ) $0.00
    Upgrade Processor $0.00
    MEdiaNetUnlimited $19.99

Now, I just have to find out how to use it. HELP - anyone?
    David
    im using the 19.99 medianet unlimited
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase

Media Net unlimited 19.99 (no SMS?)

Media works 19.99 (5MB and 1000 sms)

My account says I have:

Media Works Package (but I am pretty sure the other day I had Media Works-WIX)

with Media Works - Unlimited, do you get charged for SMS?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast