Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by HackingPrime
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase

Media Net unlimited 19.99 (no SMS?)

Media works 19.99 (5MB and 1000 sms)

My account says I have:

Media Works Package (but I am pretty sure the other day I had Media Works-WIX)

with Media Works - Unlimited, do you get charged for SMS?
    yes you get charged for SMS, unless you add SMS to your plan, i get 200 for 4.99

/CALL FORWARDING $0.00
    /CALLER I.D.- N/C $0.00
    /CALL WAITING $0.00
    CINGULAR DIRECTBILL $0.00
    FREE DETAIL BILL $0.00
    NO ANSWER TRANSFER $0.00
    /VOICEMAIL / MWI $0.00
    /THREE WAY CALLING $0.00
    UPGRADE TRACKING CODE $0.00
    CINGULAR NATIONWIDE ROAM FREE $0.00
    NO LONG DISTANCE WHILE ROAMING $0.00
    CINGULAR NATIONWIDE TOLL FREE $0.00
    /FREE NITES & WEEKENDS 1000 $0.00
    TEXT MESSAGING 200 $4.99
    /WIX EXTENDED INTERNET $0.00
    MEDIA NET UNLIMITED $19.99
    Total: $24.98
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    since we are discussing this....i dont have the option of adding a MMS plan...why is this?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Once I add Media Net unlimited and 200 SMS, is there a way to remove the Media Works package on the website? or is it automagic?
    Once I add Media Net unlimited and 200 SMS, is there a way to remove the Media Works package on the website? or is it automagic?
    you are better off calling 611 and dropping the Media works. then go online and add MediNet Unlimited and SMS.

or you could say right there when you cancel that you would like to replace with the Medianet Unlimited. if they say anything about you having a Treo and cant use MediaNet, just say "i sold my Treo on eBay, im using my Moto v..., the treo was just too much for me"

and they will likely say "oh, ok"
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Thanks CP...

Just got off with Cingular 611. I know have media net unlimited and 200 sms a month for 19.99 and 4.99 respectively.

BTW, the rep said that there is a special this month and that I have unlimited SMS until 9/5 for the same price (4.99)

MEdiaNetUnlimited $19.99
    Multimedia PayPerUse $0.00
    Txt Msg Promo 200 (Expired 09/05/05 ) $0.00
    Text Messaging 200 (Eff 09/05/05 ) $0.00
    Total: $19.99
    Thanks CP...
    BTW, the rep said that there is a special this month and that I have unlimited SMS until 9/5 for the same price (4.99)
    well thank YOU! i shall call and take advantage of that
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    You can ask the CSD for 20 MMS for $3.. It's somewhere on the site, but they'll add it without fuss.
    What is WIX EXTENDED INTERNET?

Quote Originally Posted by Rawson819
    On Cingular's site under "My Features" it doesn't list MEdia Net-Unlimited as one of my options, only MEdia Net 1,5,10 mb promos, MEdia Works and MEdia basic. Did you have call CS to activate your unlimited plan?
    Yes, if you call there are way more options for add on services.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I have the $40/mo unlimited internet access.... Unlimited MediaNet is the same thing for $20/mo??!!

I got my first Treo 650 1 week ago today.... With the help of these forums, I'm hooked now! It hasn't been easy... reception was horrible until I installed the Manual Network hack from these forums...

I Love versamail and browsing the web... pdanet is pretty cool too, and I bet will come in handy. All these things can be done at the same speed w/ MediaNet?
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecool
    I have the $40/mo unlimited internet access.... Unlimited MediaNet is the same thing for $20/mo??!!

I got my first Treo 650 1 week ago today.... With the help of these forums, I'm hooked now! It hasn't been easy... reception was horrible until I installed the Manual Network hack from these forums...

I Love versamail and browsing the web... pdanet is pretty cool too, and I bet will come in handy. All these things can be done at the same speed w/ MediaNet?
    Short answer: Yes
    David
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eyecool
    Yes, that is correct. I've had Unlimited MediaNet since sometime last year and I use on average about 50MB of data a month. I've never had any problems and I've never been billed more than $20 a month for internet. You should save yourself some money and look into switching.

The only advice I can give you is this: When/if you call to switch, don't tell them what phone you have; just simply ask them to change your data plan.
    And to second that...
    Short answer: Yes
    Here are some posts that explain the option you get with the $40 pda plan. But otherwise the $20 gets you the same identical internet access and speeds:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=94253
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?p=663403
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?p=601700
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12