Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    I'm looking into getting a 650 and was wondering which service provider I should go with, they both get great reception here and it costs the same thorugh both. Also, I've never had a Treo before so I'm not sure what all I need, accessory wise and sercie plan wise. Any help would be great!
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by brittany
    I'm looking into getting a 650 and was wondering which service provider I should go with, they both get great reception here and it costs the same thorugh both. Also, I've never had a Treo before so I'm not sure what all I need, accessory wise and sercie plan wise. Any help would be great!
    I'm guessing since you're under GSM the two are Tmo and Cingular? AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Tmo$ $doesn$'$t$ $offer$ $the$ $650$ $yet$. $You$ $can$ $buy$ $an$ $unlocked$ $phone$ $from$ $Palm$, $or$ $maybe$ $eBay$. $Otherwise$, $it$ $looks$ $like$ $Cingular$.

    If you're a new Cingular user, I'm sure you'll get a break on the price of the phone.

    Since you're not sure, I'm not sure what all you'd need either...you'll probably want an Unlimited Data plan. Voice plan is up to you. Cases and such are up to you...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3. #3  
    If you had a cell phone before, start with them.

    Don't just buy a data plan as the phone companies would offer you the expensive ones unless you really believe that spending the additional money will help you.

    Accessories, depends on what you what to do with your Treo. Read around and the ask the questions.
  4.    #4  
    I'm going to be switching to either Verison or Cingular, I have T-Mobile right now. I'm not going to get an unlocked one because well, I can't and won't pay $700 for one and I want insurance on it. What is Verizon, if it's not GSM? I'm not really knowledgable about all the networks, just phones
  5. #5  
    VZW and Sprint are CDMA. Important to know, since your SIM card will be useless.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    I'm not using my same sim card. I'm switching carriers. Thanks though
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by brittany
    I'm not using my same sim card. I'm switching carriers. Thanks though
    Ahh...T-Mo, didn't catch that earlier. How about Sprint? I don't know where you are, (in regards to reception) but they're probably the cheapest all around.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  8. #8  
    Between CDMA providers Sprint and Verizon, Sprint has a competitive pricing structure but YMMV on customer service. Verizon, better coverage but costlier data plans.

    GMS providers: Cingular, wider GSM coverage but still with ATT network merging challenges. Take avantage of their rollover plan but data plans varies depending on who you talk to.

    T-Mobile, well, you know who they are.
  9.    #9  
    I'm not sure about Sprint reception around here, I know one person who has. Everyone else I know has Cingular, VZM, or T-Mobile. Do I need a data plan? What are they for? When I click on it for a description on the Cingular site nothing shows up. Thanks!
  10. #10  
    you need a data plan if you want to check email, surf the web, chat with buddies.

    If you dont plan to do any of that, you dont need a data plan.

    the carrier with the cheapest unlimitted data plan is sprint. I'm not a fan of their voice plans, but that is just me.

    t-mo has the second cheapest data plan.

    Verizon's data plan isnt cheap at all. ouch.

    cingular's data plan seems to change from week to week. it is cheaper that verizon though.

    you do know if you move from t-mo, you can take your number with you?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  11. #11  
    And before you buy,make sure you can get insurance on your Treo-of the carriers you mention,it is my understanding that cingular does not offer insurance for Treos,whereas VZW,Sprint and T-Mo do.
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    you need a data plan if you want to check email, surf the web, chat with buddies.

    If you dont plan to do any of that, you dont need a data plan.

    the carrier with the cheapest unlimitted data plan is sprint. I'm not a fan of their voice plans, but that is just me.

    t-mo has the second cheapest data plan.

    Verizon's data plan isnt cheap at all. ouch.

    cingular's data plan seems to change from week to week. it is cheaper that verizon though.

    you do know if you move from t-mo, you can take your number with you?
    yes, I plan to take my number with me.

Posting Permissions