1.    #1  
    I was in My Account, My Features, clicked on "MEdia Net 10 mb Promo $14.99" and it popped up a screen that showed:

MEdia Works:
    $19.99
    2,500 SMS
    1,000 MMS
    10 MB WIX

I called them up, first person told me it was a mistake and that there was no way to add it, no matter how much I pointed it out.

I took screen shots and printed the screens out... called back, got another CSR - re-explained what I wanted. I walked him through the steps, he saw the same screen, put me on hold (talked to mgr) - then came back on saying it was no longer available, but that they were adding it since they could see the same thing that I could.

So... I guess I'll call back tomorrow and double-check my account.

Perhaps if this same screen shows on your accounts, you can convince them to add it as well?

Good luck.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    i used 11mb last month, no browsing just chatter e-mail recieve only and 4cast and 4stocks updates
    Sprint 700p
    It's a website mistake. when you click the media 10 meg promo $14.99 it pops up the media basic/works bundles.

the medianet 10 meg promo $14.99 IS JUST WAP/GPRS/INTERNET SERVICE ONLY.
    And it's only unlimited for first month.
  4.    #4  
    Yes - I know it was a mistake, but the popup window shows a MediaWorks package that is not supposed to be available... that was the point of my original post. The current MediaWorks pkg does not give 10MB, nor does it include that many SMS.

My original MediaWorks (March 05) was only 3MB, now it is supposed to be 5MB, but this popup (which I made them honor) is 10MB at the same price.
    I don't think this is a mistake.. It's been there since 8/1/5, and it's still there today. I just switched to it from 10M 200sms 20mms paying $23 total a month. now I have 10M 2500 1000 for $20 a month. Nice. I had no trouble switching at all, but I always check My Features a day or so after changing anything to make sure things got adjusted properly (they sometimes forget to remove redundant features!)
  6.    #6  
    Cingular keeps changing the website layout... used to have a screen that showed everything in a nice column:

Usage Type Available Used
    M2M
    MW Text
    MW WIX
    Rollover etc.

My Features simply shows me that I have MediaWorks (which I have always had), but it doesn't show that I am signed up for the 10MB/2500/1000 plan.

Now, I don't see anywhere where it clearly shows how many # or kb of my MW features (Text, WIX, MMS) that I have in my contract. It tells me how much I have used, but doesn't show me a "denominator".

I may have to go to a brick and mortar store to try and get them to print it out for me.

I just don't want to get charged for overage and not have any proof.
    Yeah the stupid online features/usage info keeps getting worse. Mine still shows 1M of data and I changed to 10M almost two months ago.
    I called today to verify my package, and they told me I was on the same old Media Works package.. 5M of data, 2500sms, 1000mms. NOT the 10M "promo". If you login and look at their page today, the 10M Promo link now shows that 10M is unlimited for a month, not the same 10M Media Works package.

So.. Anyone who did this will want to call and check it out.. I said screw it and went back to 10M/200sms/20mms separate packages.
  9.    #9  
    I did screenshots and printouts of that pop-up screen / advert before they deleted it... I suspect they will do the same thing to me as well...
    Why would you get the media works package instead of pda connect. I think the pda connect gives unlimited internet and you get very little usage with the media works package bc its made for regular phones that cant take full use of the internet (incuding email and full web pages).
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    Why would you get the media works package instead of pda connect. I think the pda connect gives unlimited internet and you get very little usage with the media works package bc its made for regular phones that cant take full use of the internet (incuding email and full web pages).
    Mainly because it's $15 for 10M vs $40 for the PDA plan. Even $20 for unlimited is $20 cheaper than the $40 for the PDA plan, and as far as I can tell the *only* difference is the MEdia plan's don't do VPN. Webpages, smtp, pop, imap, ssh, telnet, ping, all those work fine. I haven't seen any limitations besides the known limitation of no VPN on the normal VPN port. Of course one could set their VPN to use port 22, 25, 110, 143, 443, 995, etc, and it'd work.

BTW I just get the 10M plan because I only use 2-4M a month. If I start using more, I can upgrade, no big deal.
  12.    #12  
    JWein84,

It is a Cingular sales ploy when they tell you how restricted MediaWorks is - you have access to WWW and email just fine. The only limitation are that it doesn't allow some VPN access; which is not a problem for me.

Therefore, it comes down to pricing - which changes on a weekly basis:

At the beginning of this year, there was a MWorks that had Unlimited WIX + SMS + MMS for $19.99. They removed it and divided features across new MWorks and MNet packages. Bottom line is: it can be cheaper to use MWorks than the PDA Connect plan (almost 50% cheaper) if you get a package that fits your use.

I barely use 5MB of data (but could use more if I had 10MB available), I use SMS, I barely use MMS. Therefore - the MWorks pricing is a better value for me.

[Edit: Just noticed K. posted same info right before I did - sorry for repeat!]
    What about syncing with exchange, so you don't have to use a service like goodlink.

Can you do that with Media Net?
    That's very interesting...and sorry if this is a stupid question but what is VPN?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    That's very interesting...and sorry if this is a stupid question but what is VPN?
    If you don't knwo what it is, then you don't need it or use it
    It's "Short for virtual private network, a network that is constructed by using public wires to connect nodes. For example, there are a number of systems that enable you to create networks using the Internet as the medium for transporting data. These systems use encryption and other security mechanisms to ensure that only authorized users can access the network and that the data cannot be intercepted."
  16.    #16  
    Junk13 - I don't know the answer except to say that MWorks/MNet allow "almost" everything data to work except for certain programs such as some VPN.

Do a search for "Media Works VPN" or "Media Net VPN", maybe throw in "Exchange" and you should be able to find the answer from some TC Experts.

Good luck.