Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    I bought an unlocked Cingular gsm Treo 650 and want to update firmware. I want to know if I do this will it revert back to locked.I have the unlock code .Any one done this my carrier is Tmo and they are pretty good for the $20.00 bucks unlimited data and email. I dont want to change things , if I'll screw up the phone.
    If it's truly unlocked then it will stay unlocked
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Mine was unlocked, prior to the upgrade. And it remains unlocked. Worst case, just call them up and get them to send you another unlock code - though the original one they sent would probably work again.

Dunc
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    Cingular will not unlock my phones they are d..ks. Did you buy a treo from a private party like me. I bought it from ebay as tmo still does not have them. ps in my area t mo is as good as or better than cingular /att. I wish I bought it unblocked from palm direct but at the time it was $150.00 more.then I got a 20% discount coupon from palm the next day after I bought it on ebay, oh well.