1.    #1  
    I recently got a Treo 650 through Cingular, and it is awesome. However, there's no way I can afford $40 a month for unlimited Internet access, and I'd really like to be able to use the data features on this thing without constantly worrying about how much I've downloaded. I have enough time left to where I can cancel my Cingular contract without having to pay the $150 fee, would it be worth it for me to try and get my unlock code and switch to T-Mobile? Between the thousand or so data plans for Blackberries and Sidekicks I can't figure out how much they charge for unlimited access.

As an alternative (I can be patient), has anyone here re-signed with Cingular? As an ex-customer of Sprint's, I know when your contract was almost expired they'd give you pretty much whatever you wanted as an incentive to sign a 2-year deal. Any similar experiences with Cingular?
    switch it to the unlimited media net plan for $20 per month. Shouldnt have a problem, as i did this yesterday. If there is any problems, if you have a backup cingular phone (thats not a pda) call up cingular and switch the IMEI to the back up phone, and tell them u want to change the plan as it will not be needed any longer...just keep your sim in the treo! And you can also call back and swap the IMEI of the treo back onto your account, but tell them u want to make no plan or features changes
  3.    #3  
    Excellent! I was thinking of the unlimited MEdianet plan, but didn't see it anywhere for my account settings when I was logged into Cingular's site - do I have to call an operator and ask for it? And I didn't catch what you meant by IMEI - I'm guessing it's some way of identifying the phone independent of the SIM card?
    Switch to Tmobile - where you always get more! Just kidding...but our data unlimited for PDAs is only 19.99 per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by NetGuyR
    Switch to Tmobile - where you always get more! Just kidding...but our data unlimited for PDAs is only 19.99 per month.
    I'm actually planning on switching... 90% change of it.
    Quick question, the Tmobile Internet unlimited add-on is $19.99 if you have a $39.99 plan or higher, it says it comes with 300 text, that's only text right? no pictures???

i might have to go with the 19.99 plus a 300 text/picture/video then.. hmmm
    The unlimited internet is 19.99 afaikafaikafaik $but$ $I$ $don$'$t$ $think$ $it$ $comes$ $with$ $any$ $text$ $or$ $mms$.$I$ $believe$ $the$ $unlimited$ $internet$ $at$ $29$.$99$ $but$ $without$ $a$ $voice$ $plan$ $included$ $300$ $text$ $messages$ (.$05$ $after$ $the$ $300$) $and$ $voice$ $minutes$ $at$ .$20$ $per$ $minute$.$But$ $the$ $unlimited$ $add$-$on$ $does$ $not$ $include$ $the$ $300$ $text$ $messages$.$And$ $now$ $the$ $bundling$ $of$ $the$ $text$ $messages$ $is$ $different$,$you$ $can$ $get$ $any$ $400$ $messages$ $for$ $4$.$99$,$any$ $1000$ $for$ $9$.$99$ $and$ $unlimited$ $for$ $14$.$99$.$Also$,$there$ $are$ $some$ $people$ $who$ $don$'$t$ $use$ $the$ $unlimited$ $internet$ $plan$ $and$ $instead$ $use$ $what$ $is$ $now$ $called$ $T$-$Mobile$ $web$,$which$ $I$ $believe$ $used$ $to$ $be$ $called$ $T$-$zones$.

Hope this helps.
  7. Lew
    Remember though that the Tmobile GPRS is not EDGE in most areas. The drop in speed may not be a big deal for what you do, but do know the tradeoff you'd be making.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew
    Remember though that the Tmobile GPRS is not EDGE in most areas. The drop in speed may not be a big deal for what you do, but do know the tradeoff you'd be making.
    I'm in southern california... cingular has edge here, and tmobile has it too
    I am in Puerto Rico... Iam planning to buy a TREO 650. Actually I have a Samsung E317 with Basic MediaNET. I did a research few days ago on cingular.com and found that the Unlimited MediaNet 19.99 wasn't available on the features... Well I sign out and apply for the upgrade w/o loggin in. The answer was that in three days (72hrs) I should have the update. Today I called Cingular and verify that actualli I do have Unlimited MediaNet for 19.99. I also got the 200 txt message pakg for 4.99. Now Iam ready to buy a contract free Treo 650.

Any help or comment please feel free to write me back!!!

I am desperately waiting for my new Treo 650
    If I were to get them to switch my plan to the Unlimited MEDIAnet from Unlimited PDA, would I notice any feature changes. Would I still be able to do DUN via Bluetooth?

Thanks,
    Duane-O
    Fritter, I am in a northern suburb of Detroit and have just been seeing faster speeds on T-Mobile. Just this past weekend I switched to the Unlimited T-Zone Pro Plan for $9.99 per month and am seeing speeds up to 90 kbits/second. Admittedly, it still isn't as fast as some others, but it does everything I need, and it is a heck of a lot cheaper than Cingular. Please see this thread for more information. Go to the more recent posts for more relevant price info. http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&page=1&pp=20. I haven't tried accessing secure web sites on this new plan, but others report that they can. Otherwise, it works as well and even faster than the T-Mobile Unlimited Internet Paln that I had for $19.99 per month.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet