1.    #1  
    Hello,

After much deciding, I went with a GSM T650. I just got my phone few hours ago. I signed up for the Unlimited Connect data plan for $40 a month but I've just read other user saying the MediaNet is pretty much the samething. What is the difference between the two?? Is MediaNet on EDGE too, will I loose internet speed by downgrading?
    Technically Cingular doesn't allow you to use Media Net with a PDA.

That's the only difference. They feel the need to charge people using PDAs more because they know they'll be using way more data.
    There is no difference between the speeds
    Is medianet still offered? I checked on the cingular site and seems like Media works which is capped at 5mb is what is being offered. My BF just got a treo and we wanted to change his plan, but had no luck with customer service and with the site trying to add it... I've had Media Net for months and never had a problem.
    Yes, the unlimited Media Net is still available but generally Cingular won't add it to a customer who is using a PDA.

The unlimited Media Works plan does only come with 5 MB of data a month but includes unlimited MMS.
    Oh okay. Well it's weird because I also don't see it on my account and the phone they have on file for me is a Motorola v220 since I purchased my treo from ebay.
    I'd somehow verify you still have it.

The last thing you want is to be hit with a $2,000 bill because it got removed from your account and you ended up paying by the kb for overages or something.

Just call them and ask if it's still on your account for the v220.
    There is apparently some slight difference if you use it for VPN; but for "general" internet access - MediaWorks/Net gives access to WWW,Email,etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    I'd somehow verify you still have it.

The last thing you want is to be hit with a $2,000 bill because it got removed from your account and you ended up paying by the kb for overages or something.

Just call them and ask if it's still on your account for the v220.
    Oh no it's still on my account... but you know how you can upgrade to other features in your account view online? Well I usually saw the medianet packages and now i don't.