1.    #1  
    Just completed the update. Followed the instructions on the Cingular site to the letter and the update worked perfectly. No loss to files, programs, etc. All data restored perfectly. Best of all, available memory went from 2.3MB to 10.8MB. THAT'S A 369% increase in available memory. Hope it works out great for you to.....
    I also applied the update without a problem. I did have a reset problem after the update with a BMW X3 truck bluetooth. I uninstalled the bluetooth device and it seems fine now!

DrB
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmorgante
    Just completed the update. Followed the instructions on the Cingular site to the letter and the update worked perfectly. No loss to files, programs, etc. All data restored perfectly. Best of all, available memory went from 2.3MB to 10.8MB. THAT'S A 369% increase in available memory. Hope it works out great for you to.....
    Did you reinstall VoiceDial? That will take up part of that 369%
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    The release notes don't mention dial-up networking at all - have they enabled blue tooth DUN?

-Bear
    Quote Originally Posted by bearklaw
    The release notes don't mention dial-up networking at all - have they enabled blue tooth DUN?

-Bear
    Yes

I performed the update and did not get anything hear your reported increase. I went from an average of 8.5Mb-9.3Mb to 13.8Mb....not 369% but I will take it. Most of what I have is on my 1GB card so not sure why I didn't see a similar increase as you did....perhaps there are files that are left over after trying software? If so, what application(s) are available to get rid of the orphan files?
    thanks
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    anyone know what the difference is between the -CNG and -CNB (orange and blue) versions?

we know it's not sim lock because using -ROW on an otherwise locked phone doesn't make it unlocked, don't see why this would be different... maybe it's the tower select thing? I've always had tower select functional with -CNB, which -CNG doesn't seem to have without a hack...
  8.    #8  
    Never had Voice Dial on my device so don't have any idea how much memory that will take.....
    I still cannot believe they can't post the CNB update
    Can you update a cnb with the cng update?
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
    yes

How can you move from CNG to CNB? I did the CNG update but would like to load the CNb one. It does not seem to want to work.
    Wish I had such good fortune. Keep getting the error "Out of storage space during update of database AAAChecker" when I Hotsync. 22 MB of free memory showing after the hard reset. Terrible phone waits, two disconnects and no answers with Palm phone support. Cingular sends me to Palm. I'm ready to switch to a Microsoft device!
    Whoa! Tried the install on my office computer and it worked fine! Use Chapura at the office, Palm at home, wonder if that's it...
    Last edited by SteveTHC; 07/28/2005 at 10:21 AM. Reason: New events
    Is there no one who updated a CNB phone using the CNG update that has been able to use the CNB update now? My phone seems to ignore it now.
    I tried to update my Treo 650 to the latest version on Palm One and my treo went nuts after the update , here is what happened in a nutshell ..

1) I downloaded Treo650-1.15-CNG update from the below link

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(38344)

2) I installed it on my computer and it prompted to hookup my Palm for a HotSync ..and said that the updates will begin automatically after the HotSync is done.

3) Then I did a HotSync with my palm ....and after that its TROUBLE

My Palm started rebooting itself continously ( say abt 100 times and still going on ) . I didnt know what to do ...so I thought some you who are familiar with this stuff might be kind enough to help me out.

Thanks in advance,
    Sam