Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 LastLast
    ... to replace/remove PdaNet?
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by Electro-Tether
    This isn't just the Favorite. If I go to the Home button and select the application directly from it's Icon I get the exact same result.

It's broke...
    Yep, spoke to technical support and found that if I tap my Treo the camera would sometimes come back for a couple seconds. Apparently its a seperate card or something internally and it's come loose.

I'm swapping it under warranty.

Makes you wonder if they simply couldn't offer an internal "camera upgrade" for more pixels if it's a replaceable part? Just curious. You can ignore this question if it goes to far off topic.
    Following the palm insturctions, I cannot get it to do a zero out reset after trying multiple times. Any ideas?
    http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(887)#zeroout
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanguynn
    i currently have f/w version 1.23 and software 1.06. i tried to run both installers and both of them gave me the message that the installer was not compatible with this hardware. am i out of luck?
    1.23 may check existing firmware against new firmware. although i read that only 1.12 did (you couldn't go from 1.12 to 1.28 on a cingular branded).

you need to go to 1.28 which doesn't check if new firmware is for an unbranded gsm or not.
    Last edited by franknitty69; 07/27/2005 at 02:58 AM.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrotor
    How about the part where they ask you to download the file ending in B or G and they use 1.15CNB and 1.15CNG? How could our version be that if we are in the process of upgrading? Did I misunderstand?
    -Howard

cingular orange (cng) and cingular (blue). if you have modifed your rom and forgot which one you were, you are cng if you bought a cingular branded 650 if you bought a att/cingular branded 650 you would have cnb.
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Quote Originally Posted by DrMacG4
    I'm using T-Mobile Service on Cingular Treo 650 (now unlocked). Should I update Cingular or Unlocked GSM?

I'm afraid if I update it and it possible cause lock my Treo.

My Current Treo Version

Firmware: 01.05
    Software Treo650-1.04-CNB
    at this point your phone is an unbranded gsm phone (but has cingular all over it).

you could use either or although, if you wanted to use unbranded gsm firmware, you would have to go from 1.12 to 1.23, then to 1.28.

you could even go from unbranded gsm to cingular firmware if you wanted, but it would bring back the cingular-only features.

imo, it's a catch 22 cuz cingular firmware updates have some important features, but they restrict alot (i.e. select network option).

i have a cingular 650, i went to 1.28 (unbranded gsm). i may try the cingular update, although i don't care for the versamail or goodlink crap (intellisync is waaaay better).
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDu
    Okay so I did the upgrade from the 1.28 ROW to this... to my surprise, all my registration and some data was lost, and the phone info tells me the software version is 1.13 not 1.15 according to somebody, however the firmware is 1.31.

So far so good, I'll just have to put my registrations back, no problems, yet...
    you have to do the update twice on a unbranded gsm (original cingular) to get 1.15 to show up correctly in phone info.

why? i have no idea.
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Quote Originally Posted by fxguy
    I went from the cng stock phone to the gsm 1.23 I was never able to get it to go to the 1.28 update I kept getting errors on hotsync when installing the programs. I tried the new offical CNG update and it still doesn't work. Can anyone help me? Here is the Hotsync Log:

HotSync operation started 07/25/05 22:20:34
    OK Install
    - Installed file: C:\Program Files\palmOne\TempDe\Install\AAACheckerApp.prc
    - Install failed: C:\Program Files\palmOne\TempDe\Install\AAACheckerApp_deDE.prc
    Install synchronization failed
    Protocol Error: Unknown error. (4001)
    HotSync Error: Connection is lost (6410)
    HotSync operation complete 07/25/05 22:20:40

The Log on the phone says:

Out of storage space during update of database AAAChecker - aborting sync

This is after a fresh hard reset...

Thanks!
    when i went to 1.28, restore didn't work for me. i had to re-install all apps. probably the best way as i notice the restores always leave 'artifacts' of previous rom stuff that takes up space.
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Hey guys...

I've been waiting for this update for months now, but something just dawned on me. I have a Cingular branded 650, but have since unlocked it (via an unlock code provided by Cingular). For the purposes of upgrading the firmware, does that make my 650 "unlocked" or do I still fall into the "Cingular branded" category and need to install this version of the update?

Thanks guys!
    Quote Originally Posted by vnguyenlong
    Hey guys...

I've been waiting for this update for months now, but something just dawned on me. I have a Cingular branded 650, but have since unlocked it (via an unlock code provided by Cingular). For the purposes of upgrading the firmware, does that make my 650 "unlocked" or do I still fall into the "Cingular branded" category and need to install this version of the update?

Thanks guys!
    firmware updates will not lock or unlock the phone. if your phone is currently unlocked the firmware will not lock it (and vice-versa).
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanguynn
    still no success going from f/w 1.28 s/w 1.13-ROW to 1.15. still getting the updater is incompatible message. anyone get around this yet? this is a locked cingular phone
    Are you able to install 1.23? If so, do that first and then install 1.15-CNG.
    How can I tell if I have B or G? My phone has the Cingular name on it, but the trim on the phone is blue. The wireless provider used to be with ATT. I am so confused...FYI - B still isn't downloading.
    Last edited by dapastaguy; 07/27/2005 at 06:26 AM. Reason: I read all the posts
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by dapastaguy
    How can I tell if I have B or G? My phone has the Cingular name on it, but the trim on the phone is blue. The wireless provider used to be with ATT. I am so confused...FYI - B still isn't downloading.
    I assume when you say it has the cingular name on it, you mean the startup and shutdown screens only, but the treo itself (not the screen but the blue part around the screen) doesn't say Cingular right below the LED correct?

You have a blue phone (CNB) and should be able to verify it in the phone app ->Options -> phone info (software row should end in CNB)

Yep, the link is broken again. The link was up last night but it was still the wrong firmware.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    I assume when you say it has the cingular name on it, you mean the startup and shutdown screens only, but the treo itself (not the screen but the blue part around the screen) doesn't say Cingular right below the LED correct?

You have a blue phone (CNB) and should be able to verify it in the phone app ->Options -> phone info (software row should end in CNB)

Yep, the link is broken again. The link was up last night but it was still the wrong firmware.
    Thanks. Cingular is on the phone itself, under the led - I long ago updated to the 1.23 firmware so my startup screens are now generic. The software, due to the update of the fimware is Treo 650-1.06/5052/0 and there it ends. Again, I did the undbranded update to firmware 1.23.
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    I upgraded my virgin Orange 1.04 Firware, 1.02 CNG software yesterday afternoon. It took about an hour, but no problems so far.

I'll admit that I was a little freaked when I finished the upgrade, went to phone->options->phone info and saw Software:Teao650-1.15CNG, Firmware BLANK! I powered on the phone, went back to that screen, and it showed Firmware: 01.31.

Edit: Oh yeah, memory went from 5.6MB to 10.9MB.
    Last edited by Sputnik57; 07/27/2005 at 11:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dapastaguy
    Thanks. Cingular is on the phone itself, under the led - I long ago updated to the 1.23 firmware so my startup screens are now generic. The software, due to the update of the fimware is Treo 650-1.06/5052/0 and there it ends. Again, I did the undbranded update to firmware 1.23.
    If the phone itself says Cingular, then it's a CNG (Cingular Orange) phone and not a CNB phone. The CNB phones like mine do not say Cingular on the phone itself.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Does The Cng Update Work On Phones With Cnb. If So, What Are The Difference? Is There Anything I Won't Have With The Cng Update That I Would With The Cnb?
    Has anyone been able to get the CNB update? I checked the site (http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl.../cingular.html and the coming soon message has been replaced with a link, but of course the link didn't work for me...get page cannot be found.
    The morons at Palm/Cingular are again sticking it to the Cingular Blue customers by not enabling the link. I went ahead and loaded the CNG update and have not had a single problem and a ton more memory to boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by livestrong
    Are you able to install 1.23? If so, do that first and then install 1.15-CNG.
    i finally got it. the only difference was instead of using my mac, i decided to try it on my windows machine. thanks for the suggestions though