Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast
    The bluetooth carkits were not updated as they were for Sprint. The website even states that the carkit stuff is only the one that was available already on the site for Cingular.

Anyone know when this will come out for Cingular?
    ok lets see: cinglular branded treo, orig locked to cnb at 1.05. this past week i unlocked, upgraded to the unlocked 1.31 on Friday, Installed the cng update today, The first itme it did not display the correct version, I reinstalled the update, and now shows the correct version 01.31 and 1.15-cng. I went up 3 mb available. The Blazer appears to be faster, and camera and other options work. I hope this helps as it was not a problem for me and I am still using my attws account!
    I just did the cingular update and now my power button doesn't work. I can't turn on the screen unless I plug the treo into the sync/charger and then press the power button. Somehow it responds then. I did a hard reset and it didn't fix it. Please tell me I don't have a brick and have to go to the store. HELP! Thanks in advance
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    So you had a locked former ATTWS phone with CNB right?
    Correct.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by jogerson
    Maybe it is just me, but I think a lot of questions could be answered if someone could fill in this information for all of us. If we have the following device, which software should we use and upgrade to.

(1) 'LOCKED' Cingular Treo 650

(2) 'LOCKED' former AT&T Treo 650

(3) 'UNLOCKED' Cingular Treo 650

(4) 'UNLOCKED' former AT&T Treo 650

Thanks
    Your confusing yourself with the terms, just know that whatever your phone was originally is what you should go by. Hence, if you purchased a subsidy locked Cingular phone but overtime had it subsidy unlocked, you should still use the Cingular update.
    So far, I'm pleased. However, it could just be because I decided to uninstall Verichat prior to my firmware upgrade due to so many network problems and conflicts with Chatter. I'm testing to see if it was truly Verichat causing all of the problems. Smooth sailing since last night though!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabinfever
    Anyone else's screen automatically powering off after about 30 seconds??? Seems that mine is disregarding the 'auto-off after' setting in prefs -> power
    Mine is disregarding that preference as well...

Something funky must have been going on with those of us who had TreoGuard installed. TG did not come back over when I restored the Treo. I thought maybe I wouldn't need it with this new Treo functionality... but when I saw it wasn't turning the screen off 30 sec into a call like it's supposed to, I re-installed TreoGuard -- and everything is working fine now.

Mark
    Last edited by mhzimmer; 07/26/2005 at 12:53 PM.
    Since the update, I'm getting the following Hot Sync error message:
    (everything else is backing up ok)

WARNING: Unable to open remote file: Shim Logs (16388). Skipping.
    WARNING: BackupBuddy encountered an error while trying to backup handheld file Shim Logs (16388). Handheld file was not backed up.

Anyone know what this is about?
    I've been holding back on buying a Treo 650 with Cingular because of all the tales of woes and resets.

Does this new update remedy this, as far as your experiences go? Or maybe too early to tell?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Your confusing yourself with the terms, just know that whatever your phone was originally is what you should go by. Hence, if you purchased a subsidy locked Cingular phone but overtime had it subsidy unlocked, you should still use the Cingular update.
    I do have a tendency to confuse myself Thanks for explaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    So far, I'm pleased. However, it could just be because I decided to uninstall Verichat prior to my firmware upgrade due to so many network problems and conflicts with Chatter. I'm testing to see if it was truly Verichat causing all of the problems. Smooth sailing since last night though!

I am using Verichat and Chatter after the upgrade with zero problems - what problems are you talking about? Thanks.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    What is a "zero out reset?" different than a hard reset? And did you actually delete your user completely on your desktop or just create a new blank user. Thanks.
    A zero out reset is effectively the same as a hard reset except that it will overwrite all of the memory with "1s and 0s" in several passes. Use this if you are selling your treo or sending it in for service to reduce the chance that someone will be able to recover or "undelete" some of your data from the treo.
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pgmr1
    You used the Cingular update, not Unlocked update, right?
    The Cingular Update.
    I loaded the CNG update and it works great. However, when I set up Xpressmail everytime I sync it resets my Treo. My mail synched up but nothing else. Any ideas on this one?
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Rat
    I look forward to your report!

I am purposely delaying my update until I hear from Mac/TigerOSX/Entourage users out there.
    I updated my 650, I run 10.4.2 and Entourage. When I did the resync after completing the update there was no entourage data on my treo, the address book, notes, and calendar did not sync.

I opened Palm Desktop, went into conduit settings, and set the entourage conduit to "Entourage Overwrites Handheld" and re-synched. This time it worked fine.

I have had this behavior in the past when doing upgrades, so it wasn't anything out of the normal.

All looks good at this point.
    I did the Cingular update and for the most part, it was a breeze. I followed the instructions to the letter and had no issues throughout the whole process. After the update, I went through my Treo to make sure everything loaded back into it during the HotSync. It did. I did an internet speed test and got a result of 145 through Blazer.

I did notice one thing... my LED seems to be stuck on solid orange. I tried to change it to "leave as is" through Butler but the "as is" is a solid orange. Any ideas?

Drew
    Nevermind... I re-installed Butler and all is OK.
    still no success going from f/w 1.28 s/w 1.13-ROW to 1.15. still getting the updater is incompatible message. anyone get around this yet? this is a locked cingular phone
    I need help-maybe I did something wrong on the update but all works fine except web browser and email, I have more memory available-woohoo.

Initializes----then
    Error: (0x740F)

How do I fix? I have to have my phone/email/browser to work.....

Todd
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast