Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast
    Anyone else having trouble with "Treo Guard" after the update?

It doesn't seem to turn off my screen during a call anymore.

Edit - Re-installed and now it's working.
    As the update page claimed, I was done with the update in 30 minutes. After reinstalling VoiceDial, I checked to be sure that everything else loaded fine and it did. My FW is 1.31 and SW is Treo650-1.15-CNG as expected. I agree that Blazer is rendering much faster. My available memory doubled. Altogether a fine experience.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Anyone else having trouble with "Treo Guard" after the update?

It doesn't seem to turn off my screen during a call anymore.

Edit - Re-installed and now it's working.
    Actually, the update has that built in...the screen turns off during a call

maybe they are conflicting with each other

rob
    updated successfully from 1.02 all the way up to 1.15 with no problems. i can see that network search is much faster and that the DTMF tones are "normal" at least the ones stored as extra digits in my favorite buttons.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    CNB will not have Xpressmail like CNG does and there's a few extra favorites and contacts on the CNG firmware then I'd expect on the CNB. Guess I'll stick with CNG for now and re-flash CNB when they make it available.

You would have thought they would have tested the files before putting them out on the site don't you? Guess not...
    My phone has Cingular all over it from day one. The first month the network stated AT&T but after that everything is branded Cingular. So just to be clear....will the CNG update work on a phone that currently has the CNB software?
    Has anyone updated their locked -> unlocked by code Cingular GSM phone? I suspect the Cingular update is the one to use. Does the update work? Is the phone re-locked? Will the previous unlock code still work? I asked this of Palm by they did not answer.
    Just upgraded my ATT, unlocked by Cingular, was running 1.28 to the new firmware, No issues at all. In fact one of my problems was resolved. There was often delays of 3-4 days for delivery of text messages (i.e. CNN News), i just got one instantly.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    upgraded my subsidy unlocked cingular branded Treo - it is still subsidy unlocked after the update
    Global Posts
    4 Global Posts
    Anyone else's screen automatically powering off after about 30 seconds??? Seems that mine is disregarding the 'auto-off after' setting in prefs -> power
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    My phone has Cingular all over it from day one. The first month the network stated AT&T but after that everything is branded Cingular. So just to be clear....will the CNG update work on a phone that currently has the CNB software?
    After using the CNG software on my CNB phone, I'm now receiving the following when trying to use the camera "Unable to launch Camera because no camera is present in the device".

Everything else works really well, so I guess it depends on how important the Camera function is to you.
    It's amazing I still have to use the sysbeephack on YAHM to stop those dreaded keyclicks from returning even when system sounds is OFF. What did they do?
    Quote Originally Posted by Electro-Tether
    After using the CNG software on my CNB phone, I'm now receiving the following when trying to use the camera "Unable to launch Camera because no camera is present in the device".

Everything else works really well, so I guess it depends on how important the Camera function is to you.
    If You are trying the Camera Via the favorites on the keypad screen, just delete the favorite and recreate it. I got the same error, till i recreated the favorite button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barney
    If You are trying the Camera Via the favorites on the keypad screen, just delete the favorite and recreate it. I got the same error, till i recreated the favorite button.
    This isn't just the Favorite. If I go to the Home button and select the application directly from it's Icon I get the exact same result.

It's broke...
    Quote Originally Posted by Electro-Tether
    This isn't just the Favorite. If I go to the Home button and select the application directly from it's Icon I get the exact same result.

It's broke...
    Rut-ro Elroy.... Guess You need the cnb upgrade..
    Upgraded last night...no issues, except Missing Sync kept trying to install it's little app when I did the intial sync. But cleared that up.

I went from 9MB free to 15MB. Haven't had a reset since, but I'm not holding my breath
    Cingular GSM Treo 650, Apple PowerBook G4, iQue 3600, iPod Photo 60GB
    PalmPilot > Palm Vx > Palm M505 > Garmin iQue 3600 > Treo 650

Seek first to understand, then to be Understood
    Camera works fine here after CNG update on CNB phone. And the issue with Brightcam where the camera would not turn back on after turning the screen off within the camera app seems to work... also noticed new camera folder categories like Vacation, Family etc that weren't there before
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Camera works fine here after CNG update on CNB phone. And the issue with Brightcam where the camera would not turn back on after turning the screen off within the camera app seems to work... also noticed new camera folder categories like Vacation, Family etc that weren't there before

So you had a locked former ATTWS phone with CNB right?
    Quote Originally Posted by pabo
    upgraded my subsidy unlocked cingular branded Treo - it is still subsidy unlocked after the update
    You used the Cingular update, not Unlocked update, right?
    Maybe it is just me, but I think a lot of questions could be answered if someone could fill in this information for all of us. If we have the following device, which software should we use and upgrade to.

(1) 'LOCKED' Cingular Treo 650

(2) 'LOCKED' former AT&T Treo 650

(3) 'UNLOCKED' Cingular Treo 650

(4) 'UNLOCKED' former AT&T Treo 650

Thanks
    Has anyone gotten BT DUN to work with the new Cing update?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast