Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    i like the new splash screen or whatever better. didnt like the little "fits you best"
    Yeah, this time it actually says HELLO or GOODBYE if you turn it on or off, before you couldn't tell wtf it was doing (yeah i know, you can hear the different tones.. but still... heheh
    Quote Originally Posted by g0thike
    Hey people,

So before I take the plunge on the Cingular Update, does it enable the "Allow Wakeup" in the bluetooth options that is currently working on the Sprint updated phones?

Thanks
    I dont see that option, but I just sent a picture form my SE Z600 to the Treo while it's "off" and it turned on.
    Global Posts
    122 Global Posts
    what's the differences between the CNB and CNG? Are the software the same? Can i use the CNG when i have a CNB? I have an Att sim card, but for some reason i can't use a cingular sim card in it. Does it mean it's locked to Att? can i go to the cingular store to get it replaced?
    Quote Originally Posted by dollagreen
    i did the update...i was previously the 1.23? row. I get firmware 1.31...software Treo650-1.06/9027/0? with the last character not visible. Did it work for me?
    I would suggest doing the update again, and following the exact instructions on Palm's website. The first time I did it (after having 1.23) I got the same info you posted. But I did it a second time and it now reads:

Firmware: 01.31
    Software: Treo650-1.15-CNG
    I just did the update twice and I can confirm that it works.
    Software: Treo650-1.15-CNG
    My software says CNB...However has anyone used the CNG update and successfully loaded it on their CNB Treo?
    im guessing it would work if people with 1.13 ROW have successfully done it, but do u really want all the cingular branding if you're still using a blue phone?
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytk36
    I wonder why the cingular update isnt looking to see what we have on out phones already? such as a row firmware.

Comments anybody..
    Because they probably figured most of us jumped ship to the ROW update...and to get us all to come back, they have to open the flood gates (sorta speak)

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    im guessing it would work if people with 1.13 ROW have successfully done it, but do u really want all the cingular branding if you're still using a blue phone?
    I have CNB also, but the branding is all Cingular (splash screen). The only difference I think is the Wrls Email application in ROM which was an AT&T thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmikex215
    I did the update earlier today at like 11 PM (eastern time). I specifically remember seeing the "Network Selection" option in the phone menu.

Now its 2:21 AM. My Cingular treo 650 resetted itself after trying to access the EDGE network. AFter the reboot i find that the "Network Selection" option has been removed.

AM i going crazy or did this happen to everyone else as well?
    Try turning your phone/radio off. Is it there?
    It's usually disabled when the phone is on.
    In response to 2 earlier posts:

1. Yes, Blazer does seem to be rendering pages faster. Subjective observation, may be wishful thinking, but it seems faster to me.
    2. DTMF tones are definitely shorter with this update than they were with ROW 1.23 (the last FW update I did).

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    no one has answered yet! will cng work on a cnb phone or not! and if yes can someone post the cnb update that has been removed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dgelfuso
    I have CNB also, but the branding is all Cingular (splash screen). The only difference I think is the Wrls Email application in ROM which was an AT&T thing.
    CNB will not have Xpressmail like CNG does and there's a few extra favorites and contacts on the CNG firmware then I'd expect on the CNB. Guess I'll stick with CNG for now and re-flash CNB when they make it available.

You would have thought they would have tested the files before putting them out on the site don't you? Guess not...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    got the proper versions when i redid the update...seems some just have to do it twice.
    >You would have thought they would have tested the files before putting them out on the site don't you?

HAHA thats funny!
    Would someone please comment on if voice quality has improved? I'm considering getting the Treo 650 on Cingular, but a friend's here in NYC has unacceptable echoing and high level ambient noise. Or is that typical of GSM?
    echo is a problem that many of us have from day one
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    yikes - had 5.7MB free, now 12.2MB - Cool.

Don't forget to reinstall VoiceDial...
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    No problems from ROW update.

Software: Treo650-1.13.ROW
    How do you get 1.31 firmware with 1.13 ROW. I thought the ROW FW was 1.28 or 1.30
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    8mb to 11mb free
    Blazer is definately rendering alot faster.

I now have something called GetGood on desktop that loads Blazer and trys to goto a website. This then crashed the treo, so I didn't bother trying again.
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast