Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Can anyone post the CNB update? It is not working on the Palmone site and of course this is the one I need.
    Time to give it a go ... Just had dinner and put on the slippers!

One question:

Has anybody using Apple OSX performed this upgrade and tested a HotSync with Entourage?
    Cingular Treo 650 (Unlocked?!?)
    Firmware 01.51 Software Treo650-1.17-CNG H/W A
    Treo Wireless Headset - Apple Ti15 OSX 10.3.9
    Palm VII -> Motorola StarTAC -> Treo 600
    Update: Had the 1.13 ROW. Had to run the update TWICE like RobM did, and it worked, fully 1.15 CNG and 1.31
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Can anyone check to see if the side button or the volume buttons mute the ringer on an incoming call? This worked with the original Cingular firmware, but not with the unlocked firmware. I'm wondering if the new Cingular firmware broke it.

Thanks,
    Brett
    we heard from the ROW folks that they were too long. is this fixed in the cingular release?
    Quote Originally Posted by sfmanuel
    Time to give it a go ... Just had dinner and put on the slippers!

One question:

Has anybody using Apple OSX performed this upgrade and tested a HotSync with Entourage?
    I look forward to your report!

I am purposely delaying my update until I hear from Mac/TigerOSX/Entourage users out there.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    Can anyone check to see if the side button or the volume buttons mute the ringer on an incoming call? This worked with the original Cingular firmware, but not with the unlocked firmware. I'm wondering if the new Cingular firmware broke it.

Thanks,
    Brett
    Just tested it right now, I turned off any background apps/hacks I had.

Made a call to my Treo 650, it rang, and pressing ANY button (side key, volume, keyboard, etc..) it'll silence the ring for a second or two, then START UP AGAIN.
    1 and what's min memory to install?
    2 should SD be removed prior to install?
    3 is DUN inc so I can remove PdaNet?

TIA
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Just reporting that everything basically went well with my update also... albeit with a couple small oddities.

The only problem I ran into was that TreoGuard wouldn't restore for some reason (I used a Backup Buddy restore instead of letting the Palm desktop do it). I ended up having to reinstall TG manually, and then strangely it showed up as already registered. Go figure.

Another strange thing was that -- after the upgrade I went from 4 megs free to 8 megs free. But then, after doing another soft reset for good measure, I went up another 2 megs to 10 megs free!

Well, a bunch of happy people are here tonight!
    Quote Originally Posted by Playcentric
    1 and what's min memory to install?
    2 should SD be removed prior to install?
    3 is DUN inc so I can remove PdaNet?

TIA
    1. 15megs.
    2. doesn't matter, I updated mine several times, with and without.
    3. yes.
    Just did a CNG upgrade. Went into constant reset loop after update but just did a hard reset and used my backupman backup I made before the upgrade and its working perfectly.

Doubled my memory! 4.8 to 10.8 megs now. Great stuff.
    Keyboard Lights no longer changes with the screen brightness.. sucks.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    Keyboard Lights no longer changes with the screen brightness.. sucks.

greenberg or someone, can you guys confirm this?
    Well - it is official - the CNB ( in other words ATT Wireless version that has no Cingular brand on the plastics) version is now marked as "coming soon" - check out the page again: http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl.../cingular.html

Let's hope it's back tomorrow.
    it now says that the CNB update is coming soon! they are real jerks!
    does anyone have the CNB update to email me?
    I am sure that CNB is for all us Blue customers that are treated like s&it by Cingular.
    Great, now I gotta sit with CNG on my phone
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by Levi
    does anyone have the CNB update to email me?
    The CNB update wasn't CNB, it was CNG, that's why they pulled it
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I know.....but I am curious...how many former ATTWS folks have CNG on their phone? maybe I am wrong but I bet the majority of people effected are Blue customers.
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast