Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    The answer is YES.
    So my info was correct. Glad I'm in good terms with my Cingular rep, seems like that company memo he fwd'd me was dead on.
    Good idea to diable things that run in the background before hard resetting to avoid issues resyncing after the update is done?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    I wonder if this upgrade incorporates the BT Carkit upgrades or if they will need to be reinstalled?
    wow no ROW'ers have tried this yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by easyrotor
    How about the part where they ask you to download the file ending in B or G and they use 1.15CNB and 1.15CNG? How could our version be that if we are in the process of upgrading? Did I misunderstand?
    -Howard
    I'm not sure I understand your question.

If your phone's software is x.xx-CNG you donwload the file ending in G. If your phone's software is x.xx-CNB you download the file ending in B.
    >>>I wonder if this upgrade incorporates the BT Carkit upgrades or if they will need to be reinstalled?<<<

Read the update page, it includes all this info. Yes it is included.

RE: update from ROW version, look at the top of the page:
    If you are not a Cingular Wireless customer, do not download this version of the software. It contains carrier-specific requirements that are incompatible with non-Cingular phones. Not a Cingular customer? Click here for the appropriate Treo 650 Updater.

Looks like we will need to wait about an hour before someone fiqures out a work around.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Global Posts
    20 Global Posts
    It was not really a question. Just pointing out what I thought might be confusing. Sorry.
    Is this ver 1.28 or 1.31?
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    what exactly shows up in PHone info after this update?
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    what exactly shows up in PHone info after this update?
    Mine says:

Firmware: 01.31

Software: Treo650-1.15-CNG
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    I'm using T-Mobile Service on Cingular Treo 650 (now unlocked). Should I update Cingular or Unlocked GSM?

I'm afraid if I update it and it possible cause lock my Treo.

My Current Treo Version

Firmware: 01.05
    Software Treo650-1.04-CNB
    a firmware update will not lock the treo. i would just upgrade to the Unlocked GSM since you are not using cingular. I hate the cingular logos and I am a cingular customer!
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Okay so I did the upgrade from the 1.28 ROW to this... to my surprise, all my registration and some data was lost, and the phone info tells me the software version is 1.13 not 1.15 according to somebody, however the firmware is 1.31.

So far so good, I'll just have to put my registrations back, no problems, yet...
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    I had updated to ROW version from a locked Cingular. Then updated to the 1.3 radio update. I made the attempt to update to this cingular update without issue.....I repeat, without issue. This update does not check to see what you are!

Worked great with mine...had to reinstall a few things such as Voicedial, Ringo, DA311, and some real estate stuff...but all in all, no issues what so ever.

so for all of you that were cingular and then went to ROW, you can go back no problem.

good luck all

rob
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    I had updated to ROW version from a locked Cingular. Then updated to the 1.3 radio update. I made the attempt to update to this cingular update without issue.....I repeat, without issue. This update does not check to see what you are!

Worked great with mine...had to reinstall a few things such as Voicedial, Ringo, DA311, and some real estate stuff...but all in all, no issues what so ever.

so for all of you that were cingular and then went to ROW, you can go back no problem.

good luck all

rob
    Yeah I went from 1.23 to 1.15 with absolutely no problems what so ever.
    I just ran the updater and selected the CNB download (since I'm a former ATTWS customer) but when the update finished it is showing Treo650-1.15-CNG instead of CNB and I have Xpressmail on my device where I didn't before? Did they screw up the download links?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    wow! awesome update !!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    A few weeks ago I got impatient with instability issues and ran the ROW update. It's nice to hear that it looks like the official update can still be run. However, how do I know which updater to d/l - CNG or CNB (my phone info shows 'Treo650-1.13-ROW')? I got my 650 from cingular in May. I'm inclined to think CNG is the one I need... Anyone know for sure?

-Andy
    Same here, Went from 128 ROW to this new Cingular Update. Only problem is, it's still 1.13 ROW and didn't update to 1.15 CNG, so no Bluetooth DUN.
    [QUOTE=heyandyHowever, how do I know which updater to d/l - CNG or CNB (my phone info shows 'Treo650-1.13-ROW')? I got my 650 from cingular in May. I'm inclined to think CNG is the one I need... Anyone know for sure?

-Andy[/QUOTE]

CNG = Cingular, CNB = Cingular Blue (att) so yes.
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast