Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3891011121314 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffgibson
    A combination of ProfileCare and VolumeCare should solve this problem.

ProfileCare will turn off teh auto dimming if you have a profile that enables or disables ProfileCare's auto screen dimming. VolumeCare can control the MIC volume settings. So even if the MIC disappears during the call, you can use the Option+5-Way UP/DOWN keys to restore the volume. I would be *very* willing to work with someone directly to come up with a seamless solution to this problem.

Jeff
    I have trial versions of ProfileCare and VolumeCare installed on newly upgraded Cingular Treo 650. Can you offer settings to come up with a "seamless solution to the problem"
    Quote Originally Posted by Godot377
    I have trial versions of ProfileCare and VolumeCare loaded on my upgraded Cingular 650. Can you advise settings to provide a "seamless solution".

G
    Sure. The only thing is I don't ompletely understand how the new Cingular ROM is acting so these steps may need adjusted.

In ProfileCare:

1. Load v2.10 of ProfileCare (all 3 prc's are needed ProfileCare.prc, SC_HotKeys.prc and SC-Execute.prc)
    2. Create a "master" timed profile. To do this hit "new", select timed and deselect "manual". You will then be able to select "master" as the profile type.
      1. Enable this profile
      2. Make any configuration changes you want for this profile. This will control the base state of all Treo preferences.
      3. If you never want the phone application to do this new dimming behavior, make sure you either choose on or off for the ProfileCare feature for AUTO DIMMING. If you leave this option as '---' you are telling the phone applicaiton to continue to use its dimming feature.
    3. If you want the phone applicaiton to use its dimming feature "sometimes" but not others, then you will choose the '---' option for PC's autodimming in the Master profile. Now you will create additional profiles in PC specifically to control PC's autodimming feature based on time of day or based on manual profiles.
    4. Now Enable ProfileCare in ProfileCare's main screen.
    In VolumeCare:

1. Load v3.18 of VolumeCare
    2. Enable the master enable control (upper right in the main screen)
    3. Enable the speaker types you want VC to control
    4. Enable MIC volume
    This should do it. Again, I am unsure about the exact behavior of the new ROM and I do not have a Cingular phone to test with at this very moment. I can get one if needed but lets try this apporach first.

Jeff
    Quote Originally Posted by delyon
    Yeah, what gives with the Auto-off 30 sec thing. That is becoming more annoying by the day.
    How come no one likes this? What's the exact problem? All it does is turns off the screen completely when you're either using the Treo to talk on it physically or using a wired headset, when you push any other button, the screen will come on.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    How come no one likes this? What's the exact problem? All it does is turns off the screen completely when you're either using the Treo to talk on it physically or using a wired headset, when you push any other button, the screen will come on.
    The problem is that it is supposed to happen only when you're on the phone. If that was the case than it wouldn't bother me. Unfortunatly when you make a phone call and it blanks the screen it also overrides the auto-off setting for the whole treo. Normally I have that set for two or three minutes, so now if I'm reading an email or a web page the screen turns off in 30 seconds. Not a good thing.

Brett
    i updated now when i use dun i get an error. i try to make a new connection (to a pc or network). then i choose via bluetooth, then tap to find device.

i get the following error:

"Missing or incorrectly installed Bluetooth services."

I tried a hard reset, same msg.
    Usual Suspects Entertainment
    We make the crowd move.
    www.djnyce.com
    I tried to update my Treo 650 to the latest version on Palm One and my treo went nuts after the update , here is what happened in a nutshell ..

1) I downloaded Treo650-1.15-CNG update from the below link

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(38344)

2) I installed it on my computer and it prompted to hookup my Palm for a HotSync ..and said that the updates will begin automatically after the HotSync is done.

3) Then I did a HotSync with my palm ....and after that its TROUBLE

My Palm started rebooting itself continously ( say abt 100 times and still going on ) . I didnt know what to do ...so I thought some you who are familiar with this stuff might be kind enough to help me out.

Thanks in advance,
    Sam
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I have a new one on the way for my problem with the call log and some resets as well. should be here Monday/Tuesday.
    Did Cingular agree to replace due to resets happening after you flashed the firmware?
    I have been on vacation and missed the Cingular Update arrival.....just returned and upgraded a Locked Cingular w/ 1.28 Firmware ( Treo650-1.13-ROW) to the 'Official" 1.31 version.

The install went very clean, took two installs to get ver 1.15 as others have reported.

Oddly my memory increased from 8.55 free to 11.6 free....this is in addition to the major ram increase I experienced with the first update to 1.28. WOW!!
    (and this is despite the fact that I now have all the Cingular crap back that I didnt have, Xpress mail, etc.)

Everything seems to be working fine...except I lost my "Network Select" hack from 1.28.

BTW- I used BackupBuddy to backup prior and restore after, and everything is back as it was....including Bluetooth Paring.
    Last edited by digitalfx; 08/01/2005 at 05:48 PM.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzfaninhtown
    I tried to update my Treo 650 to the latest version on Palm One and my treo went nuts after the update , here is what happened in a nutshell ..

1) I downloaded Treo650-1.15-CNG update from the below link

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(38344)

2) I installed it on my computer and it prompted to hookup my Palm for a HotSync ..and said that the updates will begin automatically after the HotSync is done.

3) Then I did a HotSync with my palm ....and after that its TROUBLE

My Palm started rebooting itself continously ( say abt 100 times and still going on ) . I didnt know what to do ...so I thought some you who are familiar with this stuff might be kind enough to help me out.

Thanks in advance,
    Sam
    My Treo 650 was also rebooting on its' own after upgrade. I took out battery for 10 seconds and problem was solved. Upgrade went fine. Just read instructions step-by-step and be patient. Nice upgrade, works as promised.
    I've had the upgrade installed for a week or so now, and I'm definitely finding the phone to be considerably less stable. It still works OK, but I'm surprised at how often it reboots itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliland
    I've had the upgrade installed for a week or so now, and I'm definitely finding the phone to be considerably less stable. It still works OK, but I'm surprised at how often it reboots itself.
    I completely agree. While I suddenly have more memory, nothing else seems different except that instead of getting one soft reset every couple of weeks I get one a day when the phone is seemingly doing nothing.

I suspect that a lot of the third party apps I have running in the background were written for the old Firmware and need some tweaking.
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Don't know if my latest problem is in any way related to the update I installed last week. For the past two days I have network problems. Cingular replaced the SIM card, which according to them has no influence on this. The Treo searches forever for a network signal and then returns no service, even when I have my external antenna connected, which previously gave me at least two, three or even four bars.... Cingular tells me they don't have a tower problem in my area (can't verify if this is so....!). Got for a brief time a weak signal in an area where I usually got good coverage.
    Installed the SIM card in my old Sony Ericsson and got a signal, although quite weak but with GPRS which tells me it might be the Treo's fault. Anyone have an idea if a hard reset - which I avoid like to plague....! - might help?
    Quote Originally Posted by RobM
    I had updated to ROW version from a locked Cingular. Then updated to the 1.3 radio update. I made the attempt to update to this cingular update without issue.....I repeat, without issue. This update does not check to see what you are!

Worked great with mine...had to reinstall a few things such as Voicedial, Ringo, DA311, and some real estate stuff...but all in all, no issues what so ever.

so for all of you that were cingular and then went to ROW, you can go back no problem.

good luck all

rob
    Are you saying that you *unlocked* the Cingular Treo 650 to get ROW, & now you're back as a *locked* Cingular phone?

I myself *unlocked* my Cingular Treo 650, to get an upgrade (I wanted the BT DUN capability). But, I plan to use this phone for International Travel..so I would prefer the *unlocked* mode so I can avoid the international roaming chrages.

So, I should leave the phone *unlocked*, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by chimpanzee
    Are you saying that you *unlocked* the Cingular Treo 650 to get ROW, & now you're back as a *locked* Cingular phone?

I myself *unlocked* my Cingular Treo 650, to get an upgrade (I wanted the BT DUN capability). But, I plan to use this phone for International Travel..so I would prefer the *unlocked* mode so I can avoid the international roaming chrages.

So, I should leave the phone *unlocked*, right?
    I just found out that doing the update, will leave the Treo 650 *unlocked*.

However, someone mentioned that the update is a bit unstable & another guy mentioned that BT DUN didn't work. Right now, my BT DUN works.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

I'm staying with what I have right now..
    I hate how the term "unlocked" with Palm is used just like the term unbranded.
    Other cellphones when you're talking about that you say unbranded and not just unlocked. cuz a Palm Unlocked Treo 650 is actually an unbranded Treo 650. and it just confuses people more because palm unlocked means unbranded and really unlocked.. while you can actually have a cingular unlocked also.. it's just branded.
    I also had the continual reset thing after the update and traced the problem to BackUpBuddyPro. It tries to restore all the old network profiles and other stuff that you don't want restored. Tried all stated solutions and no dice. Tried hotyncing and re-updating various times, same result. I did a hard reset, replaced everything to pre-update status by doing a pre-update restore from SD Card using BackupBuddy VHS. Then I uninstalled BackUpBuddy from Windows and again did the hotsync.....all was good except on subsequent HotSync, the sync would hang on memos.

Tried deleting memos from Palm Desktop and Treo650, no dice. USed FileZ and ExplorerPlus to delete memodb files from Puter and 650....all is right with the world again. Gonna retire BackUpBuddyPro.....did the same thing with 1.04 update and I'm finding it more trouble than it's worth. Will stick with BackUpBuddy VHS Pro for backup needs.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    My Treo 650 is definately less stable after the upgrade also. It resets much more often than before. It also resets the auto-off setting whenever you make or receive a phonecall. I set it for 3 minutes and then make a call and it is back to 30 seconds. Very annoying. Is there any way to fix this?
    Quote Originally Posted by crumb
    My Treo 650 is definately less stable after the upgrade also. It resets much more often than before. It also resets the auto-off setting whenever you make or receive a phonecall. I set it for 3 minutes and then make a call and it is back to 30 seconds. Very annoying. Is there any way to fix this?
    Did anyone read the revision changes???
    They purposely turned off the screen in 30 seconds when you are on a call or using the headset. why? because when you have the pda up to your ear, you're not looking at the screen. also with a wired headset too.

just press any of the application buttons and it'll come on.

I don't understand why this is such a big fuss
    "...I hate how the term "unlocked" with Palm is used just like the term unbranded..."

So, lets help those folks out. Here is my understanding:

1. Unbranded = your phone have the carrier's logo on it and the carrier's custom/modified software. For example, with Cingular, you get the silly Xpress mail thing and other equally useless software. These software do help when you need to do a soft-reset and don't want to reach around the back of the Treo.

2. Unlocked = The limit of using SIM from a single carrier is removed. Generally, you buy the phone from Cingular (or any other carrier), it is locked to use SIMs from that carrier only. You cannot use other carrier's SIM. The phone does not connect.

----

So, (again using Cingular as example), you can *unbrand* your Treo and say bye-bye to the Cingular logo in the software and those nice soft-reset shortcuts. However, your phone remains lock. Put in a T-Mobile (or other non-Cingular sim) and it will not work. It will ask you enter the unlock code. Failing to enter it means you get "SOS only."

Looks like there are many tools and shared experiences to unbrand the phone yourself.

There is no tool I know of to unlock your phone yourself. You have to get the code from the carrier, or use an unlocking service - I know of them but I don't know them.

There - now no one should be confused. There will be a "formerly confused club" member reunion to be held at Cingular's Bar. Free drinks, but in all likelihood, you ain't going to find the bar(s).
    [QUOTE=RickLaw]1. Unbranded = your phone have the carrier's logo on it and the carrier's custom/modified software. For example, with Cingular, you get the silly Xpress mail thing and other equally useless software. These software do help when you need to do a soft-reset and don't want to reach around the back of the Treo./QUOTE]

well actually, UNBRANDED means NOT having cingular's stuff. BRANDED means a customized rom by cingular/etc.. unbranded would be "Palm Unlocked"