Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314 LastLast
    The CNB link STILL doesn't work. What a pain! I'm considering installing the CNG firmware instead, but I'm going to wait it out a little longer...
    I am Cingular Blue and updated using the CNG update with no problems. Instead of AT&T World mail it gives you Cingular Xpress. I never used either so no big deal. My free space improved greatly. From 7.0 to 13
    They've FINALLY put back the "coming soon" text instead of the broken CNB link.
    5.4 to 13.5 MB Free....

WOW!
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
    Mine went from 5.5 to 16 megs
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    If the phone itself says Cingular, then it's a CNG (Cingular Orange) phone and not a CNB phone. The CNB phones like mine do not say Cingular on the phone itself.
    And I just downloaded the "B" update as it is back on line. When will I learn to reead first, act later. I'll either take the step in the next few minutes, or wait until manana......
    Samsung SCH3500 - Sanyo 4900 - Samsung I500 - Treo 650, and loving it!!!
    Well, I've had no success with the update. I was running 1.28 tried to install the cingular update twice and failed, downgraded to 1.23, still said my phone was incompatible. If it helps I am running OS X Tiger. *sighs*
    the CNB link is back up, anybody successfully update their treo with the CNB update? whats the difference between the CNB and CNG?

and another question i have... is it possible to rollback on the old software/firmware?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by neptical
    Well, I've had no success with the update. I was running 1.28 tried to install the cingular update twice and failed, downgraded to 1.23, still said my phone was incompatible. If it helps I am running OS X Tiger. *sighs*
    I seem to recall someone else having trouble on a non-Windows PC. Why not try on a Windows PC, if you can? You can do the final step (sync to get data restored) off your OS X Tiger box when you are done.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    I seem to recall someone else having trouble on a non-Windows PC. Why not try on a Windows PC, if you can? You can do the final step (sync to get data restored) off your OS X Tiger box when you are done.
    Thanks, I guess I will try tomorrow from work and confirm here whether it was my treo or my comp.
  11. gcc
    i use the cnb update on monday which updated my phone to the cng rom. today, i updated again with new cnb update. update went smoothly. now it says cnb, everything seem to work ok.
    if I have a cingular branded treo that has been both sim unlocked and had the 1.13 ROW update installed, what are the consequences to putting the AT&T CNB update on? I really don't want Xpress mail, what a piece of crap.
    Has the ear piece volume improved (i.e. gotten louder) with the update?
    memory inc to 17.4 fr 14.7. Get Good link added to Rom & can't delete. Not noticing other sig change/improve
    CNG ATTWS Treo650
    Quote Originally Posted by JpMaxMan
    if I have a cingular branded treo that has been both sim unlocked and had the 1.13 ROW update installed, what are the consequences to putting the AT&T CNB update on? I really don't want Xpress mail, what a piece of crap.
    Honestly I would say none because if you don't like it you can always get the beta update 1.23 which won't check what firmware you're running, and then upgrade to 1.28 again
    After the update I'm seeing a file called newimage.p listed in filez that takes up 600k. Is it safe to delete this file?
    I don't have that file on my system. My guess is that this is a leftover from the update process and can be deleted if the update completed successfully.

But who knows? Don't blame me for any disasters ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I installed the CNB-1.15 update to my ATTWS Treo 650 yesterday. Blazer will no longer download files.

If I choose "HandZipper" (or "Internal" if it's not a zip archive) at the "Do you want to download?" confirmation, then I'm presented with a frozen download progress dialog, usually at 8-9K. The download never budges and will never complete. Luckily, the "Cancel" button still works.

If I choose "Card" to save the file to my SD Card, the download progress dialog will animate for a few seconds, then hang at around 29K downloaded. It never completes (and yes, I have many MB free on the SD Card).

I have not noticed any other problems (other than the "General sound off turns on again" still not being fixed). But downloading with Blazer is major functionality for me that Palm broke--I used it daily before the "upgrade." How can I restore my original firmware?
    Every time I sync now since the update, I get the following error in the Hotsync log:

WARNING: Unable to open remote file: Shim Logs (16388). Skipping.
    WARNING: BackupBuddy encountered an error while trying to backup handheld file Shim Logs (16388). Handheld file was not backed up.

Everything else syncs OK... But does anyone know a way to stop the error message from coming up in the log??
    Mark
    Stop using BB? :-)
    Or have it exclude this file from backups.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A