Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have Treo 650, using the 1.28 firmware, I just hard reset my Treo last night and re installed my apps hoping to fix this, but guess not.

Anyone having problems with receiving MMS on Cingular in southern california?

I can send fine. I even sent a freebie from Cingular's website to the same SIM on a different phone I have (Sony Ericsson Z600) and it arrived fine, poped it in my treo, tried again, and nothing.

My friends have been sending me MMS the last couple days too, and I get nothing.

Last week however, one night I went to send an MMS to my PhotoBlog and suddenly I get 4 MMS messages in a row and they were sent like a day or two before....

I have the old MEdia Works plan. $19.99 unlimited gprs, 200 mms, 1500 text. I bought the Treo 650 seperately. I really don't want to call Cingular and them messing my account up and screwing up my MEdia Works and try to get me on a more expensive stupid PDA plan if I tell them I have a Treo 650.

Also I have checked my mms message server and everything else too.
    Im having the same problem. I guess I'll call customer service tomorrow. Is there a way to manually retrieve them??
  3.    #3  
    No. If you send to a device that doesn't support mms, they get a text message with a url with a code that you can view it on a website. We don't even get that... the mms just isn't coming through at all.

I spoke to the online chat with Cingular Support, and he says it's my device. SUUUUUURE
    We have a few folks in my office and at least two of us cannot receive MMS on our 650's. I can put my SIM on another phone and I can receive the MMS without issues.

Anybody else experiencing this?
    I can't receive mine either. Can send fine, but not receive... I can however receive a pic in an attachment via SMS not that it matters. I used to like forwarding bigger emails to my mms account because it supports more characters.

Detroit area
  6.    #6  
    a couple other people on cingular's support forum having the exact same problem and it started about 2-3 weeks ago.. something serious is happening on their end.
    Dude I'm in the same situation as you. got the 20 dollar unlimited grandfathered data plan and bought a treo seperate. They think I have a S710a... I ain't tellin ****e.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    I have a Cingular 650 with the unlimited PDA data plan. I am able to send MMS to a friend with a Sony-Ericcson phone on T-Mobile, but when he sends them to me, they never arrive. Be interested to hear if anyone figures this out.
    Global Posts
    91 Global Posts
    We're having the same problem in Atlanta. I've been trying to send to my husband (650 to 650 on Cingular) and we never get the messages. We both have the media package to send photos as well and MMS plan.
  10.    #10  
    Yeah this is serious, a couple more people on forums.cingular.com has replied to my same problems, this is something on their end.
    It appears something changed in the network so Treo 650 users on the Orange network can no longer receive MMS messages. Seems to affect users before and after the recent firmware upgrade.
  12.    #12  
    Oh btw, When i was with Data Support (cingular) for 1 hour 45 minutes, they messed up my Old Media Works. I now have the normal Media Works (5 meg limit gprs) wheareas the old Media Works I had was unlimited. grrrrrrr. I'm now really really thinking of switching to T-Mobile.
    Yeah i'll never call cingular cuz I'm afraid they'll jack up my plan.
    Well I have been fighting this losing battle for about three weeks, I have tried new phones with new sim and still same results. It appears that Cingular is pointing the finger at PalmOs. The last conversation was they will have a solution or an answer by August 4, 2005. I will call them early and see what solution they have come up with. In the meantime I guess we all just sit back and wait...they are also aware of the rebooting and locking up issues as well.

I have until the 11th to return my phone so if it's not fixed by the 8th I will be returning my phone.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by rabalam
    Well I have been fighting this losing battle for about three weeks, I have tried new phones with new sim and still same results. It appears that Cingular is pointing the finger at PalmOs. The last conversation was they will have a solution or an answer by August 4, 2005. I will call them early and see what solution they have come up with. In the meantime I guess we all just sit back and wait...they are also aware of the rebooting and locking up issues as well.

I have until the 11th to return my phone so if it's not fixed by the 8th I will be returning my phone.
    I started the same thread on cingular's support forum, everyday, the thread gets bigger with more people having mms probs with Treo 650, it is THEIR problem on THEIR end. It is NOT the phone or Palm's problem.

Follow the thread there:

Cingular's Support Forum
    there is another thread exactly the same is the multimedia section.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91087

i too am having this issue, you can read my story over there.
    I received a message from the Cingular tech supoort agent and he explained to me that PalmOS is not aware of any issue and no software patches are available. He also said that if Palm does not admit to an problem there is nothing Cingular can do..

Sounds like a lot of passing the buck to me....
    I would recommend that we all go to Cingulars website and email the CEO, COO and the VP of customer service until we get a resolution. It appears that the technical people are unable to resolve this issue. Here is the link;

http://www.cingular.com/about/meet_us

The more people the mail the better....
  19.    #19  
    I've already given up. I've already unlocked my Treo 650, and already ordered t-mobile service online. Will be paying about $10 cheaper per month and i'd GET MORE. Can't wait.
    I sent a MMS message a week ago, which the recipient got fairly fast. He then replied to me at the mms email address. It took a week for me to get it (the one telling me to go to "viewmymessage.com" to see the response--which was a text message only). I have sent some to my wife and they took in excess of a week. I think the service is just damn slow (and lame).

Jordan
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast