Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    when people send me MMS, i get a text messgae with a link and a ID and password to view the MMS, i dont have MMS on my account im assuming this is why i get the message like this.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I am in MN and I'm having the same issue. They have recommended that take my phone in and try out a new sim card. They won't let me speak directly with the service tech who is recommending this. They say my phone never could receive and insinuated this was due to Palm compatibility issues (meaning it's not us). I told them that I could several weeks ago. They said no. I then asked why would they sell me a MMS plan for a phone they knew could not handle it. Silence. Then "I'm sorry sir, you will simply have to take the unit in". I asked why should I do this if it is not compatible. Same respone. I think they are aware of it but have no fix yet so they are playing dumb.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    when people send me MMS, i get a text messgae with a link and a ID and password to view the MMS, i dont have MMS on my account im assuming this is why i get the message like this.
    if your phone doesn't support mms, you get a text message and you aren't charged 25 cents for it.
    if you phone supports mms, the picture will just show and you are charged 25 cents for receiving it.
    phones that support mms SHOULD NOT give you that text message.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    In this forum message, someone suggested an alternative MMS service number to try, and it did indeed fix the problem for me. I was able to receive an MMS from a friend on T-Mobile to my Cingular 650. Worth a shot!

http://forums.cingular.com/cng/board...message.id=437
    Quote Originally Posted by nXt
    if your phone doesn't support mms, you get a text message and you aren't charged 25 cents for it.
    if you phone supports mms, the picture will just show and you are charged 25 cents for receiving it.
    phones that support mms SHOULD NOT give you that text message.
    well my Treo obviouslt supports MMS and thats what happens when someone sends me a MMS.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by CPcrazyfly
    well my Treo obviouslt supports MMS and thats what happens when someone sends me a MMS.
    Yeah I know, it's screwed up for you still.
    I was having this exact problem on my phone and I solved it for the time being. This morning I was having additional issues where I couldn't even reply to new sms being sent to me without the phone rebooting.

I did a full zero out reset found here:
    http://mytreo.net/treofaq/Treo650Resetting
    Then WITHOUT doing a resync I tested and MMS worked fine.

After doing the resync the phone still would not get MMS messages. There must be a corrupt file/db somewhere that is getting backed up and replaced at resync. Of course now I have to figure out how to restore my treo without getting that file back in or find with app had the conflict. I really don't have much installed so I can't imagine it will be difficult to do that. I encourage others to give this a shot just to see if it works. (send a mms to yourself to test)

hope this helps and I hope cingular can figure out what the actual problem is.
    when i try to send a MMS(i dont have a MMS plan so it should be pay as i go .25) i get a "internal error in the message: and it says to fix it and try sending again...what am i supposed to fix???
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    Well August 4th is here and past, and the best thing I get is a MMS with the picture stripped out of it, occasionally it goes through, but usually it just goes as an MMS with text only.
  10.    #30  
    weird i just tried to send a bunch of pictures to my friend's SE S710A (cingular) and he too sees he got a message from me, but when it tries to download it fails. he can't send pictures too, it just gets stuck on the outbox. Man i'm glad I switched.
    I deleted my saved and unsaved preference files and re-registered all my apps and settigns and now it works fine
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  12. BD1
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    Where do I find these pref files to delete? thanks
    use a file explorer like ZLuancher, FileZ or FileProg

then look in the RAM for Saved Preferences and Unsaved Preferences. Then delete!
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    It is the soft for FREE sending SMS & MMS to Hole World
    by Internet to any cell-providers (more 300 GSM-Providers). More then: http://gsm-info.beplaced.de/download/index.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12