Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Hello everyone,

I've had treo 600 for over a year and really like it. However, I now need a machine with a better display and few other things, so I've been thinking of switching to 650. As you all know, T-mo does not carry either one at this point. What is the best/cheapest way to get the 650? One thing I'd like to avoid is not having warranty or insurance on the thing as my 600 broke 5 times and each time I had to exchange it through T-mobile. I was considering getting 650 directly from Palm, but $699 is a bit much for me.

Any advice is appreciated.
    Quote Originally Posted by rjdoc74
    Hello everyone,

I've had treo 600 for over a year and really like it. However, I now need a machine with a better display and few other things, so I've been thinking of switching to 650. As you all know, T-mo does not carry either one at this point. What is the best/cheapest way to get the 650? One thing I'd like to avoid is not having warranty or insurance on the thing as my 600 broke 5 times and each time I had to exchange it through T-mobile. I was considering getting 650 directly from Palm, but $699 is a bit much for me.

Any advice is appreciated.
    You can start with the bunch usually available at the Marketplace forum here.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thanks, but that won't give me much warranty on the used product.

Any other suggestions?
    Wait for the next 6-8mos for the newer Treo to come out or search the web and look for legitimate vendors that sell them at lower cost but with plans and provides replacement insurance (extra cost).

Waiting for TMo may take a while and might sell it at the same price as Palm unless you sign up with a plan.
    There are numerous internet retailers selling an unlocked Treo 650 much cheaper than Palm. Use Pricegrabber or Froogle and find a retailer that works for you.

In my case, I paid with a credit card that doubles the manufacturer's warranty. I also added a StuffBak label and eGrips. So I'm pretty well covered for defects or accidental loss. I'm not covered in case of accidents, but that's why I added the eGrips. I agree that $575+ is a lot to spend for a phone, but the advantages of the Treo 650 made it worthwhile for me.

If I were in your position, I would wait as long as I can stand it before upgrading. The prices can only go down, and there's always the chance, albeit small, that T-Mobile will eventually sell the Treo 650. (Well, maybe once the Treo 700 is released )
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thanks guys!
    The best way is to switch to cingular. That is that i am doing this month. U get 399 treo and all 9 yards. Plus the T-mobile sucks in CT for me anyway.