1.    #1  
    How close/compatable are they?

I'm a former ATT and Customer and have been (converted) to Cingular, but still have my old treo (which says it's Cingular network (but the boot screen of course says ATT)

The reason I ask, is I live in an area with crappy coverage.. My Treo works great! However if I get a new phone for my wife via Cingular... Will it work the same? Or are the towers different? I assume just because mine works, with "CINGULAR" doesn't mean that her's will work the same.

Thanks!
    It should work the same.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Yeah, should be the same. The only way you'll know you are on an AT&T tower is when the phone says Cingular instead of Cingular Wireless.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by quake97
    Yeah, should be the same. The only way you'll know you are on an AT&T tower is when the phone says Cingular instead of Cingular Wireless.

Joe
    Really? Never knew that!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Really? Never knew that!
    Actually, I take that back. I think that's only true when you are an AT&T customer. When you are on an AT&T tower it says Cingular and when you are on a Cingular tower it says Cingular Wireless. I've been away from AT&T for a while now, so I may be incorrect.

Joe