1.    #1  
    MONTHS after Sprint gets not one, but TWO updates (fixing, of course, the file size debacle for memory wasting) and WEEKS after Cooligan asks users to "stick with them" because they know we're waiting on the Cingular update:

NADA, ZIP, NOTHING, NO WAY, EMPTY BUCKET, you name it.

So what could possibly take so long to get to us folks in the other half?
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    That is an excellent question...I already updated to the ROW version, unless the cingular version is quantum leaps beyond all the available updates...I cant see waiting cause I dont think that will happen

rob
    Agreed - unbelievable and sad. I'd guess that there's a lack of accountablity for getting the thing out because of the coordination that has to happen between Palm and Cingular on the release. I can totally see this thing getting held up for all this time because some spineless PHB at Cingular won't make a call about whether or not to enable DUN. Which of course isn't much of an issue since anyone technically inclined enough to want DUN has probably been here and updated to the ROW firmware anyway.

You'd think there was only like 20 of us, to get this sort of inattention.
    Nice People Suck Less.
    Why release it. Cingular waits until Palm announces the Treo 700 that has all the fixes forcing those that want a more stable phone to upgrade. This way Cingular can sell more handsets.
    Quote Originally Posted by jojocat
    Agreed - unbelievable and sad. I'd guess that there's a lack of accountablity for getting the thing out because of the coordination that has to happen between Palm and Cingular on the release. I can totally see this thing getting held up for all this time because some spineless PHB at Cingular won't make a call about whether or not to enable DUN. Which of course isn't much of an issue since anyone technically inclined enough to want DUN has probably been here and updated to the ROW firmware anyway.

You'd think there was only like 20 of us, to get this sort of inattention.
    For what it's worth, my co-worker purchased a Cingular Treo 650 a few days ago. Inside the box there was a note from Cingular stating that an update was on its way sometime this year (as we've already heard) and that Bluetooth DUN would be enabled via this update. That is the first time I have seen official documentation from Cingular that they would be enabling DUN.
    Yeah I bought my Treo 650 back in April and it had that same note in there.
    I got mine in February and am on my third warranty replacement. The last one I received went right back because it would not sync. the one I have now seems to work fantastic. However, I have sent several complaint e-mails to Cingular copying in the Sprint updates and asking where the heck the Cingular ones are. The only problem I have with Cingular is their lack of response to this critical issue.
    They are still to busy intergrating their company to worry about the consumer.
    I strongly suggest that new buyers consider other products and services instead of PALM & CINGULAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been through 4 phones and it is still MOST UNSATISFACTORY.
    Verizon just released an update for Gods sake!! Cingular truly does not care about its customers.
    Bah. What are you guys complaining about. Oh sure, we Sprint guys have had not one, but two updates. And VZW just offered one....but come on, you guys are Raising The Bar!!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Insertion...
    Stop thread-crapping! ***!!!