Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Hello All,

I'm new to this forum. I am considering a Treo 650 with Cingular and I had a few questions about bluetooth and file transfers. I did a search but everyone seems to talk about DUN and my questions are not about DUN. I realize that DUN is not enabled on the Cingular 650 but I have no plans of using DUN anyway.Here are my questions:

1. Am I able to send files (pictures, .prc, .pdb) via bluetooth to another bluetooth device such as a phone, a pc, or another PDA?

2. Am I able to store pictures taken with the 650 on an SD card and later transfer these pictures to my pc and be able to view them?

3. I plan on using the 650 as a voice recorder. Can I store voice files on the SD card and can I transfer these files to the PC using bluetooth and/or the SD card?

I am currently with Verizon and I know that they have disabled some of these file transfer protocols. This is my main reason for going to cingular.
    I appreciate any help with these questions...
  2. Lew
    (1) I hotsync via BT regularly, and have sent files from the treo to my desktop. Haven't tried the others. You might need third party software to receive files via BT from a PC?

(2) yes. they xfer automatically when hotsyncing too. Worst case pull the SD card and put it in a $10 SD card reader on the PC.

(3) dunno. I think this function is handled by third party apps, so best to check those out. There's not a built in function AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $but$ $I$ $could$ $be$ $wrong$.

-- Lew
    1. Am I able to send files (pictures, .prc, .pdb) via bluetooth to another bluetooth device such as a phone, a pc, or another PDA?

Yes, you can send them to a phone, PC or PDA, the issue is you can't usually send a PRC or PDB to a normal phone or PDA unless it's a palm.

2. Am I able to store pictures taken with the 650 on an SD card and later transfer these pictures to my pc and be able to view them?

Yes, without trying

3. I plan on using the 650 as a voice recorder. Can I store voice files on the SD card and can I transfer these files to the PC using bluetooth and/or the SD card?

You could I believe if you get a voice recorder they will be stored as .wav
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak85

Yes, without trying
    But remember... if you try then you won't be able to transfer them. It only transfers accidently when you're not trying

(Sorry... I couldn't help it)

Brett