1.    #1  
    Just got my Treo 650 w/ Cingular yesterday. Prior to that, i've been browsing these forums for awhile ( i don't buy anything without research first). However, when it came to threads on cingular plans, it was always the same. medianet for 19.99 and mediaworks for 19.99.. But since i wanted unlimited MMS AND unlimited internet (which Cingular doesn't offer as a package), i browsed to see if anyone picked up BOTH MediaNet Unlimited and MediaWorks ( for unlimited mms). Finding nothing, i went ahead and asked the cingular representative who told me that if i signed up for both packages, I would get both unlimited mms and 1000 sms with MediaWorks and NOT be capped at 5mb for internet because of medianet unlimited.

However, upon getting home and fiddling around with it, i called up customer care and found that IF you et BOTH packages, they WILL cap you at 5mb, hence be charged for careless internet charges thereafter.

So let this be a warning to those out there buying cingular plans. you can only choose one, so choose wisely ( I got rid of mediaworks and just signed up for sms/mms packages.. a real shame cuz i wanted unlimited mms ) ahh well..

also, on the side, has anyone experienced lack of gprs coverage tonight? my phones getting perfect reception but whenever i try to connect to the internet, it always starts, then cancels the connection.. guess ill have to call customer care.. again.. tomorrow..)..
    Most people use their phone to talk... i use mine for everything else..
    What do you need the MMS for? you can just email. I have unlimited medianet, 40 mms and 1000 sms, comes out to 30 a month and works perfectly fine for me, i know
    verizon mms address is vzwpix.com
    cingular is mms.mycingular.com
    and i don't remember sprint or tmob offhand.
    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak85
    What do you need the MMS for? you can just email. I have unlimited medianet, 40 mms and 1000 sms, comes out to 30 a month and works perfectly fine for me, i know
    Late last year and early this year (they stopped it), the OLD MEdia Works plan was $19.99 you get UNLIMITED GPRS, 200 MMS and 1500 sms. That's what I have

BTW, MMS is good to have if your friends send you MMS... if you don't and only have unlimited gprs, then you'll get charged 25 cents for every mms you get.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak85
    how would i be able to use this for moblogging? is there a way to redirect my moblog submissions through this address? If theres a way to route these mms to my moblog without directly going through mms, id be very interested in learning how. ...
    Most people use their phone to talk... i use mine for everything else..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahsad
    how would i be able to use this for moblogging? is there a way to redirect my moblog submissions through this address? If theres a way to route these mms to my moblog without directly going through mms, id be very interested in learning how. ...
    Well, textamerica.com the way you send pictures is you get a special email address, and you send it via email from your phone. so if you have a pop3 or whatever email set up on your treo, you can send it via that, so it uses gprs and not mms.