1.    #1  
    I have Verizon in Connecticut, and the coverage is actually pretty good.

I'd like to buy a Treo 650 and I'm considering switching to Cingular.

Anyone familiar with the Cingular coverage around here, and can anyone tell me about their Treo 650 experience with Cingular around here?

I'm interested for both Connecticut and the overall Northeast.

Thanks.

Michael
    Cingular=Good

Generally anywhere between 4-5 bars (equivalent to 4 bars on the Treo). The only issue is buildings, inside a building there is little to no service (in the NH area at least), however step outside and you've got your 4 bars again.

I find the coverage superb.

It's as good as Verizon as far as I'm concerned and I consider them to have the best coverage on the East Coast.
  4.    #4  
    Thank you, that's good to know.

Any others?
    I am in CT and have had Cingular for years. I just upgraded to the Treo 650 2 weeks ago. The service area has been fine. My problem with the phone is the interference that it causes with any electronic equipment. The phone creates such interference with my car radio, my TV, and even my land line phone. I am incredibly disappointed. I am thinking of switching to Verizon and returning this one from Cingular. Has anyone else had this problem? It is so annoying. I actually can't listen to my car radio if I have the phone in the car.

Thanks!
    I know my old Nextel phone (i95) would cause problems with my stereo but nothing like this is happening with my Treo.

I do hear some static in my speakers when an SMS is being delivered. I kind of like it though. It's like an alert for me. I always know I've got a new message.