Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recently got a new TRE0650 and am looking into the data services. I've read the forum and it seems T-zones allows one to do most of the things. However T-Mobile has replaced that with T-MobileWeb ($5.99). Anyone have any experience on this. Does this allow normal web browsing or only wap. I am looking to use it for light browsing/email and some chat. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    -M
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    It should allow full web browsing but I can't find anywhere on the T-Mo website where it states that.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  3.    #3  
    This is what is says in the description of TMobileWeb

"Search the mobile web, find directions to the places you want to go, get local, international and financial news, stock quotes, weather, sports, play online games, email, community chat and more, right at your fingertips anywhere you go anywhere you go."
    Quote Originally Posted by mean2
    This is what is says in the description of TMobileWeb

"Search the mobile web, find directions to the places you want to go, get local, international and financial news, stock quotes, weather, sports, play online games, email, community chat and more, right at your fingertips anywhere you go anywhere you go."
    It's TMo's WAP version and only through their TZone portal, you can do what it says but I don't believe TMo allows access for T600 and/or T650.

Check this thread by slvr00gt, he seems to have some success http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=67441

Here are search for TZone related threads:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/se...ne&titleonly=0
    I can confirm that the $5.99 T-MobileWeb plan works for browsing sites and e-mail. I used the proxy in Blazer found in the link that ronbo2000 posted and it works great. I also setup my work e-mail (via IMAP) and my GMail account (via POP) in VersaMail and both work flawlessly. I've been unable to get Verichat to work though. For some reason it just keeps saying "connecting..." but never connects or gives an error. Any help on this?
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I can access the full web, email and verichat with my t-zones (not T-mobileweb because I am using t-mo for more than 2 yrs). One more thing, I don't use any proxy for blazer.b/t I am in philly.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    T-ulk, how do you get to T-Zones? I can't get T-Zones to work without using a proxy and it is costing me too much money to have a proxy.
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    I used to use TZones with the special IP but that doesn't seem to work anymore. Trying to goto a website in Blazer brings up a page wanting me to buy T-MobileWeb.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    The 5.99 plan w/proxy does indeed allow you to browse the full web. I'm actually posting this from my T600 while at work. I'm in the Newark, DE area.

I can also use verichat via Data with the plan.
    Are there anymore updates on using T-MobileWeb as a replacement for TMobile Internet?
    Thanks
    I know this is old news, but your posts on this thread are totally confusing since some of you don't really explain.

I sold my old Treo 600 to a friend on TMobile. I helped him set up Blazer proxy setting to get to TZones (free) and from there showed him how to add $6.00 TMobile web to his plan riught there from a link on the T-zones site (right on the blazer browser) which he did. It took a few minutes but it opened up access to the internet for him.
    But it only works with the proxy setting.

I found over at howardforums.com that $5.99 TMobile web blocks port 80 but appearently most other ports are open (email, etc.) So you can't access any web services direclty.
    Blazer and Xiino both have proxy settings. If you use WebViewer I believe there is a way to set the proxy setting in IBM Java as well for Webview and any other java apps.
    You must set the proxy setting to:
    216.155.165.050 Port 8080
    This will allow you to access http://wap.myvoicestream.com/ (aka TZones)
    It'll also allow you full internet access.

So it's not 100% native internet access as port 80's blocked, but if you use the proxy which is what all of the cell phones are configured for thier wap microbrowsers, you do get full web access. This is not a hack or a secret workaround, they are just forcing you to use their wap gateway. It's a small inconveince for the super cheap price of $6. If you really need full unimpeded internet access you can always pay $20 which still isn't bad. But it's nice for people like him who really don't use the feature much that can't justify $20 a month.

FYI, I have a pre-paid TMobile SIM (no good reason and in addition to my full Cingular plan,) and using the proxy setting gets me to TZones free where I can check my minutes and add more credit.
    Last edited by taylorh; 08/22/2005 at 04:00 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Ahhhh!!

I'm sooo confused. I called T-Mobile to get T-Zones setup (611 from mobile). They added that service over the phone. It is $5.99 per month.

I try and add the proxy setting, and I can't get anything accept a screen which comes up and wants me to buy, "T-Mobile Web" for another $5.99 per month.

I can't get anything to work with the proxy set to 216.155.165.050 port 8080. The only way I can get anything to work is to set the proxy to getmorespeed.t-mobile.com port 8080.

Am I supposed to add T-Mobile Web, too?

In Nashville, TN using T-Mobile on Treo 650.

Thanks,
    Dim-Ize
    It's 216.155.165.50 port 8080 not .050...
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    Ahhhh!!

I'm sooo confused. I called T-Mobile to get T-Zones setup (611 from mobile). They added that service over the phone. It is $5.99 per month.

I try and add the proxy setting, and I can't get anything accept a screen which comes up and wants me to buy, "T-Mobile Web" for another $5.99 per month.

I can't get anything to work with the proxy set to 216.155.165.050 port 8080. The only way I can get anything to work is to set the proxy to getmorespeed.t-mobile.com port 8080.

Am I supposed to add T-Mobile Web, too?

In Nashville, TN using T-Mobile on Treo 650.

Thanks,
    Dim-Ize
    Dim-Ize. Go back and try again. I appologized that I failed to mention that it took about 30 minutes for the service to kick in after the purchase. At first I was bummed because I convinced my friend that he'd have full internet for $6/month. He purchased it and had the same thing happen as you did, I was like "I'll look in to it, maybe I had my information wrong."
    Less than an hour later I borrowed his Treo to 'troubleshoot' and noticed that full web access had been activated without my doing anything. Furthermore the link to try to make you purchase it again went away.

I think it was just a matter of it taking some time for the system to activate the service.

Set the proxy IP address and port number in the proxy setting.
    Go to http://wap.myvoicestream.com/
    Note: if you can get to the above link then you have the proxy setting correct... you won't get to this site unless the proxy setting is right.
    Follow the link to email, and pick yahoo email. If yahoo WAP site comes up. This tells you if WAP service is working.
    Now try http://www.google.com/
    If you can get to google.com then you have port 80 web access working and you should be all set. If you can't get to google, then it's not working.

If you still get the link where it tells you to buy it for $6, call TMobile and tell them "I purchased from the link, but whenever I try to go to a site I get this link to buy it again." Maybe something didn't get activated.

Also
    It's 216.155.165.50 port 8080 not .050...
    It doesn't matter. Either .050 and .50 will work the same. Again the test if if you can get anything to come up at http://wap.myvoicestream.com/ then the proxy setting is working.

Source for t-zones settings:
    http://support.t-mobile.com/knowbase...ic/tm21385.htm
    ("Primary IP address" aka proxy IP address)
    Last edited by taylorh; 08/22/2005 at 03:55 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    Finally!!! Success!!!

Thanks so much, TaylorH for your step by step confirmation insturctions.

There was a problem with my account and the T-Zones plan. The problem is two fold. One, I used to have the unlimited data plan a few years ago. Two, I have email still pointing to an old BlackBerry email addy.

The only way I could get this thing to start working was to take my SIM out of my T650 and put it in my wife's phone which natively supports T-Zones.

Then, once I started browsing on her phone, which was the first time this ever let me on, I took out my SIM, put it back in my phone, entered the proxy settings again, and it quit giving me the TMOBILEWEB purchase button.

Whew. For now, I'm happy.

My only issues to resolve now include company email/callendar syncronization and the fact that I can hardly feel the vibrate on this phone at ALL.

Dim-Ize
    I'm glad you got it work!

One other thing I just remembered. I hear you can not access https: (secure) sites through this service & proxy from what I hear. I'm not sure if you can get around it with an indirect based browser like Xiino or WebViewer.

So keep in mind that you're getting what you pay for with $6 T-Mobile web which is BASIC web access.

Can someone with this service confirm that you can receive and send email over POP, IMAP, and SMTP? As far as I know those ports are not blocked, just port 80 for web (which is what you need to use the proxy.)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I've had the T-Mobile Unlimited Internet for $19.99 forever. Been seeing the t-zones/t-mobileweb workarounds forever as well. Finally decided I wanted to save money.

Logged onto t-mobile.com, looked at the options to change your plan. T-MobileWeb not available for Treo 600...so i changed which phone I was associated with (to the Samsung x105, which I do have as a backup). Voila, I was now able to add the T-MobileWeb for 5.99, and subtract the 19.99 Unlimited Internet.

Entered the proxy information into Blazer, and tried accessing http://wap.myvoicestream.com/ to no avail.

Took a look at the Network Prefs and changed the network from T-Mobile Internet to T-Zones, and then tried again. Success!

Navigated over to yahoo mail, it loaded fine...seemed a bit slower than the Unlimited, but oh well, for $14 savings a month, I'll take it. BUT...the pages loaded as if I had selected Wide Page mode, even though Blazer is set to Optimized. Is this simply a function of going through the proxy, or is this a unique issue to me?

I'm using a 600, btw, not a 650.
    This might be a dumb question, but I am new to the Treo 650 and I have it unlocked. I'm using it with Tmobile and it's a Cingular Branded unlocked 650. I've read everything here and I'm still not having any luck. Do I need to do something with the firmware in order to do any of this. Please help.
    Anybody know if Pocket tunes works with tmobileweb? How about worldmate and some of the other weather info programs?

FYI... Pdaapps will send you a special version of Verichat upon request that workes with T-zones/tmobileweb
    T-MobileWeb ($5.99) if i do get that it say chat and im so will i have unlimited aim like it won't charge you for instant messeing some 1.

i have a 300 text msg package how can i change that so i can put more text messeges i click on edit service but i only see to remove the package not 2 add a different 1 amd i tried on my moms phone which had no text msg package to add
    Last edited by blooddragon88; 03/09/2006 at 04:42 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast