Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am a long time T-Mobile customer (currently using Cingular Treo650 Unlocked) and am paying $19.99/mo for T-Mobile VPN. Just tested and got to web (Google) and Snappermail Email using T-Zones (75kps/sec using DSL Reports to test speed). Repeated same with T-Mobile VPN and got to the same resources and did it at 85kps. Testing from Northern New Jersey. I left T-Zones when it became difficult to connect using my Treo 600. They said I 'had to' because of the amount of data I was pulling on the Treo on what was then a grandfathered $2.99/mo T-Zones plan. T-Mobile VPN has worked well for me (I travel throughout the country) and now looks cheap against what I am reading my might be higher rates for new users. I do not think they would let me switch back to T-Mobile Web now anyway. I use Mundu for chatting and it works fine on both connections.
    works like a damn charm!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Mine worked fine until the MDA came out.. Now I keep having proxy issues.. Today, and two weeks ago (when the MDA came out), I lost the ability to view web pages. Email works fine.. Toss in a proxy server and web works again.. Yet, they refuse to admit there is an issue.. Time to toss T-Mobile to the curb..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Same here. I suddenly and inexplicably lost the use of Blazer. I'd go to any of the sites I have bookmarked and all I get is "sending" but nothing ever happens. Sure enough, I entered the proxy given in this thread and BAM! I got my Blazer back.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I got tired of doing the proxy thing.. Called TRob and threatened to cancel.. When I got transfered to the cancellation department, I finally got what I wanted.. The guy replaced the flaky TMobileWeb with the *$20* T-Mobile VPN Internet.. I told them I would not buy the $30 package so he hooked me up with the Internet only $20 package..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Amazing explanation by taylorh. Now I have full internet access + POP email access for my Treo 650 for $ 5.99 . Thanks Taylorh!
    Last edited by mabio; 04/19/2006 at 05:07 AM.
    its not working for me

Everytime i try to access the web on the treo 600 I am prompted to get the T-MobileWeb for 5.99. So i decided to get it and I can't access any real websites
    Blessed beyond measure!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ayana2004
    its not working for me

Everytime i try to access the web on the treo 600 I am prompted to get the T-MobileWeb for 5.99. So i decided to get it and I can't access any real websites
    Actually ayana2004 you can go to this site:
    T-Zones / T-MobileWeb for Laptops (http://www.gruups.com/tzones)

And they have there how to get your laptop, your blackberry, your windows mobile 2003 SE and 2005, and your Palm PDA on T-Mobile's T-Zones (which is just the old name for T-MobileWeb.

I'm surfing the internet on an EDGE PC Card I got from ebay using my $4.99 T-Mobile account.

Can't beat T-Mobile. Not only do they give you a ton of minutes, they give you the whole internet for just $5.99

BTW. I have full web access. (I'm writing this on a laptop in florida with that EDGE card I write about above, and I have HTTP and HTTPS.)
    I don't have access directly to the POP3 of my Gmail, but through the My.T-Mobile.com I've just added their little mail forwarding, and I actually point my POP3 mail program to their server, and they pick up my email and forward it (as if I had pointed it directly to gmail or what ever)

So I have nothing missing.

The page also shows you how to get Skype, and MSN Messenger working (hint it's just the same proxy listed in this forum) but I think T-MobileWeb is the best thing about T-Mobile!

Now if they just get HSDPA like they have in europe I'd be surfing at DSL Speed in the bookstore and still probably would be paying only $5/month.

I'll keep wishing right?....
    Last edited by thedamian; 06/24/2006 at 09:18 PM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12