1.    #1  
    Will the internet work on a treo 650 if i buy it unlocked and put it on tmobile with the 20 data plan? as in will i be able to access html sites.. and get an email acct. set up?
    No problem with that. I am able to do what you said with TMo $20 plan and Treo 650.
    It works great. That is the plan I have .
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Me too, me too...
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I have the 10$ T-Zone's and my Treo is rocking the internet!
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    no problemo
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  7.    #7  
    without asking too many questions.. its just a money thing. you know i dont wanna throw the money out and not get what i want.. im mainly concerned about accessing foxsports.com mlb.com haha.. i can do that fine with my SKII but im tired of this phone.. also i heard tmobile was gettin a 650 should i wait it out or just buy an unlocked one
    Quote Originally Posted by TDigg
    without asking too many questions.. its just a money thing. you know i dont wanna throw the money out and not get what i want.. im mainly concerned about accessing foxsports.com mlb.com haha.. i can do that fine with my SKII but im tired of this phone.. also i heard tmobile was gettin a 650 should i wait it out or just buy an unlocked one

you will have to wait until the Apocolyse for T-Mobile to carry the 650 ...

(oh, wait -- the Apocolypse has arrived !)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d=1#post729070
  9.    #9  
    final question and im done asking lol.. is there a difference between an unlocked treo 650 and a cingular unlocked treo 650.. as far internet or anything
    t*mob is cheaper
    I pay $4.99 for unlimited T-zones. Using proxy setting 255.155.165.50 port 8080 on Blazer I can surf any website (even https), versamail works with my Gmail and other POP 3 accounts, DA works...this seems to me like the most cost effective solution for T-mobile internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145
    I pay $4.99 for unlimited T-zones. Using proxy setting 255.155.165.50 port 8080 on Blazer I can surf any website (even https), versamail works with my Gmail and other POP 3 accounts, DA works...this seems to me like the most cost effective solution for T-mobile internet access.
    Hmm,

A couple of questions about your set up:

1) Are you saying that using the proxy setting you can access the gprs/edge network AND the T-HotSpots(Wifi network) ?

2) If you can access T-HotSpots what phone configuration do you have ?
    T650 Cingular(unlocked), T650 never locked, P1 wi-fi card

thanks in advance,

lkrs2000
    he wasn't referring to t-mob wifi...
    Quote Originally Posted by lkrs2000
    1) Are you saying that using the proxy setting you can access the gprs/edge network AND the T-HotSpots(Wifi network) ?

2) If you can access T-HotSpots what phone configuration do you have ?
    T650 Cingular(unlocked), T650 never locked, P1 wi-fi card

lkrs2000
    There is no EDGE network where I live (Denver CO). Also - I do no use WiFi - overrated I think - just puts me back on a "virtual leash" though it is faster.

I don't fully understand the logistics, but I know I can surf the web unlimited and view not just WAP sites but all sites (though high-graphic sites load slow). I can use email and DA and other web-access apps.