Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    just wondered if everyone could chime in and share if they're getting edge on tmo. also, how can i tell if i'm getting them? i know i'm not now...that's for sure...haha.
    3390 (cingular) --> v66 (tmo) --> s105 (tmo) --> sidekick color (tmo) | e315 (tmo) | treo650 (tmo)
    Yeah Share The Goods
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Now that's the million dollar question for us T-Mo users, isn't it. I have tried and tried to find out what the roll-out plan is but have not been able to find anything.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    I'm not getting Edge yet. I'm in Fairfield county, CT, and I just ran another mobile speed test, still 35kbps. I'm thinking of switching to Cingular just to get Edge. Do you think T-Mobile will have it soon, or should I just jump ship?
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by illumin8
    I'm not getting Edge yet. I'm in Fairfield county, CT, and I just ran another mobile speed test, still 35kbps. I'm thinking of switching to Cingular just to get Edge. Do you think T-Mobile will have it soon, or should I just jump ship?
    I'm in the same situation and have thought about switching but for the price and since I don't really NEED the speed I've decided to stick with T-Mobile. I believe they will have EDGE rolled out in most of the major markets by the end of 2005. I have also heard a lot of horror stories about Cingular plus it's more expensive so I'm staying put.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I'm in the same situation and have thought about switching but for the price and since I don't really NEED the speed I've decided to stick with T-Mobile. I believe they will have EDGE rolled out in most of the major markets by the end of 2005. I have also heard a lot of horror stories about Cingular plus it's more expensive so I'm staying put.

they are rolling it out here in DC --
    Attached Images Attached Images
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    It's live in parts of NJ -- I've gotten speeds around 70-90 kbps in bits of Edison, Piscataway, and Carteret.
    Why are they setting up small little towns like New York and Los Angeles first? What about Westminster, Colorado? There are like - 10's of customers out here...
    We've got Tmo Edge in downtown Atlanta, in the Georgia State University/Woodruff Park area and one other tower around the GWCC. It's been that way for months and hasn't expanded to any other area of the city, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK.
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    i'm getting 15 kbit in upper NYC, woo hoo.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    WOOHOO today i just noticed edge in center city, philadelphia! I noticed it in montgomery county PA as well when i went to a county fair the other day. I can't wait until i go home today to check it out... getting 95kbit as i'm typing this from work!
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I'm getting kind of impatient, myself, waiting here in DFW. Thinking of switching to Cingular....
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE

i can echo this. i haven't gotten anything above 96kbps here in Arlington, VA, and the speeds are erratic, but definitely faster than GPRS. Also I hear the same about Cingular in our area.
    Hi all...new here and great forum with lots of good info.

I'm getting bout 90-120kbps here in Long Beach, CA. I'm pretty sure that's edge right?
    Im recieving 131kbps here in Houston in the Medical Center where I work. But when I drive home near the Pasadena area I revert back to regular GSM speeds of about 33kbps.
    Last edited by cristobal; 07/17/2005 at 08:26 PM.
    it's available in lower Manhattan, and SC when roaming on Cingular, but pretty slow and unstable:bang:
    I am in Galleria and I am still getting 33kbits. And I went to Medical Center yesterday just to check if there is any speed change there, and there is not. Crystobal, can you tell me where in medical center you are getting those speeds???
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
    I'm getting 70 - 90kbs in and around Boston.. see the boston edge thread.

Timmay
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i'm getting 15 kbit in upper NYC, woo hoo.
    Yours that fast?! I'm envious. http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/eek.gif
    Treo knowledge base (FAQs)

Treo Hater's Club

Treo 600 (GSM)--> MDA Vario (HTC Wizard)
    I work here at Hermann Hospital, and all around the hospital I pick up EDGE speeds averaging about 133 Kbps.
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast