Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 131
  1. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #61  
    As far as I remeber use this settings: start blazer > open menu > Options > preferences > advanced > set proxy > check custom proxy > under proxy server : 255.155.165.50 and Port : 80, click ok ok...that's it...you are online...
  2. #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by T-ulk
    As far as I remeber use this settings: start blazer > open menu > Options > preferences > advanced > set proxy > check custom proxy > under proxy server : 255.155.165.50 and Port : 80, click ok ok...that's it...you are online...
    Thanks, but that doesn't work either. It establishes the connection, but then hangs at "Send". If I disable the proxy, it works fine. I don't understand it, but I guess as long as it works without a proxy, I won't complain. Thanks again.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
  3. #63  
    gregb882 try 215.155.165.50 port 8080 & under Perferences/Network mine is set to T-Zones...I work in Detroit, but live near Brighton...I'm getting EDGE speeds more often near Detroit than near home. BTW...90kbps is EDGE, so it seems your setup is OK.
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by paris
    gregb882 try 215.155.165.50 port 8080 & under Perferences/Network mine is set to T-Zones...I work in Detroit, but live near Brighton...I'm getting EDGE speeds more often near Detroit than near home. BTW...90kbps is EDGE, so it seems your setup is OK.
    Yep, I agree that I'm getting Edge speeds. It's just curious why some of us can get something to work and other can't. I tried your set-up making sure everything was correct. It connects, but still hangs at "Send.." Well, I'm happy with how this is working so I better stop screwing around with things before I break something

    Thanks for your help.
    Last edited by gregb882; 08/03/2005 at 02:12 PM.
    Unlocked/Unbranded GSM Treo 650
    1.71/1.30 ENA, HW A
    T-Mobile Total Internet
  5. nick125's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #65  
    I just thought I would add something from the T-mobile site:
    By the end of September 2005, T-Mobile plans to launch EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution) service across its nationwide network, offering average data speeds between 100-130 kbps up to three times faster than traditional wired dial-up services.
    I found that on the about page on the tmobile site.

    (finally, edge, i thought it would never come :P)
  6. #66  
    Well they are taking their sweet time rolling it in metro Detroit. I am in Dearborn and only getting 35kbps...grrrrrrr
  7. #67  
    Does anyone know if theres edge in belmont, ma or in the fresh pond mall area in cambridge?
  8. #68  
    i'm getting 135kbps downloads in porter square area cambridge, not far from fresh pond.
  9. #69  
    I forgot to post it here but there is now EDGE in the Chicago Burbs. I got some pretty impressive speeds with my Sony T350.

    I'm gonna try with my GC82 here at school (Urbana, IL) some time soon.
    -- Go Illini!
  10. z3bum's Avatar
    Posts
    717 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #70  
    I am getting Edge speeds in downtown DC, Tysons Corner, VA and parts of Alexandria, VA. It's great, makes the Treo better than ever.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
  11. jpasint's Avatar
    Posts
    146 Posts
    Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    #71  
    Getting EDGE in Fort Lauderdale, Fl. Anywhere from 90 to 183 Kb.

    Joe
  12. #72  
    Getting EDGE in Pittsburgh, PA...... 80 to 135 KB
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfoster
    I forgot to post it here but there is now EDGE in the Chicago Burbs. I got some pretty impressive speeds with my Sony T350.

    I'm gonna try with my GC82 here at school (Urbana, IL) some time soon.
    Chris, I've been looking at the T350 and I'm on T-Mobile; it looks from a prior post that you are too. Were you able to unlock the T350 and use a T-M SIM card? How did you do it, please? Any advise or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  14. nick125's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Chris, I've been looking at the T350 and I'm on T-Mobile; it looks from a prior post that you are too. Were you able to unlock the T350 and use a T-M SIM card? How did you do it, please? Any advise or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
    I *think* the T350s are unlocked from the factory, but, I dont know for sure..
  15. #75  
    Looks like we are all going to officaly have EDGE by the end of September... From http://www.tmobile.com/company/about/

    By the end of September 2005, T-Mobile plans to launch EDGE (Enhanced Data rates for Global Evolution) service across its nationwide network, offering average data speeds between 100-130 kbps up to three times faster than traditional wired dial-up services.
    Hey T-Mobile, your late, but welcome to the party... but Cingular just left with there True 3G date when you showed up with your 2.5G date... burrrrrned

    Timmay
    Im a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

    Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

    Twittering about
  16. T-ulk's Avatar
    Posts
    414 Posts
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    #76  
    I suddenly lost the edge speed with t-mo since tomorrow.
    I am in north-east philly. Can anyone confirm this? or lese it would be problem with my account.
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Chris, I've been looking at the T350 and I'm on T-Mobile; it looks from a prior post that you are too. Were you able to unlock the T350 and use a T-M SIM card? How did you do it, please? Any advise or suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
    I was able to unlock the T350 by calling up Sony and getting the unlock code. There is a FAQ on Sony's website concerning unlocking, it really wasn't that hard. The laptop seemed to be very picky, however, about my old VoiceStream SIM card. I recommend getting a nice new one, as once I did that the GSM modem and connection became rock solid.

    You can find my lengthy account on my T350 on Engadget's post on the laptop, in the comments, if you google around. It wasn't that bad but the flakiness of my old SIM did give me consternation. One thing to keep in mind is the Cingular software that comes with the laptop constantly reports the modem as "Roaming", but I think its just confused about how the laptop's home network is not Cingular.

    All things considered it seems like a very nice laptop. Very good battery life, and wireless capabilities second to none. 3.2 pounds..with a DVD burner. Kinda unreal. The screen is tiny though, when I switch from that to my 15" Powerbook, everything seems so huge!

    Good Luck!

    EDGE Related: Found my GC-82, No EDGE in Urbana. Oh well. Unless they don't let you use EDGE with T-Zones, cus I lost my full internet on my Treo's SIM because I transfered it to my T350.
    -- Go Illini!
  18. #78  
    Guess I'm getting it in Indiana. Pretty Cool!!!!!!!

    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v5...8/P1010306.jpg
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfoster
    I was able to unlock the T350 by calling up Sony and getting the unlock code. There is a FAQ on Sony's website concerning unlocking, it really wasn't that hard. The laptop seemed to be very picky, however, about my old VoiceStream SIM card. I recommend getting a nice new one, as once I did that the GSM modem and connection became rock solid.

    You can find my lengthy account on my T350 on Engadget's post on the laptop, in the comments, if you google around. It wasn't that bad but the flakiness of my old SIM did give me consternation. One thing to keep in mind is the Cingular software that comes with the laptop constantly reports the modem as "Roaming", but I think its just confused about how the laptop's home network is not Cingular.

    All things considered it seems like a very nice laptop. Very good battery life, and wireless capabilities second to none. 3.2 pounds..with a DVD burner. Kinda unreal. The screen is tiny though, when I switch from that to my 15" Powerbook, everything seems so huge!

    Good Luck!

    EDGE Related: Found my GC-82, No EDGE in Urbana. Oh well. Unless they don't let you use EDGE with T-Zones, cus I lost my full internet on my Treo's SIM because I transfered it to my T350.
    Oh, it's Sony you call, huh? Great; thanks very much. I'm going for it because it is a remarkable laptop. BTW, I'm glad to hear the Chicago burbs are getting Edge because Chi is still my second home.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  20. nick125's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    #80  
    woot, im getting edge here in albuquerque, new mexico, around 90kbit/s
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions