Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cristobal
    I work here at Hermann Hospital, and all around the hospital I pick up EDGE speeds averaging about 133 Kbps.
    and which city would Hermann Hospital be located in?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    452 Global Posts
    I did a speed test and got 7kb

LOL
    Treo (Palm Version) lover

Motorola v400 --> Sidekick ll --> Treo 650 --> PPC 6700 --> Sprint Treo 700P --> Blackberry 8700g --> Blackberry 8300 --> Blackberry 8320 --> Sprint Mogul --> **What's Next?**
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    and which city would Hermann Hospital be located in?
    come on, dont tell me you dont know where hermann hospital is? it is accross from whats its name. you know.

Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    come on, dont tell me you dont know where hermann hospital is? it is accross from whats its name. you know.

Oh yeah, right next to whatca-ma-call-it. Now I remember.

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Very funny but I've already answered that question. But for those who can not read the WHOLE post here it goes again. (Memorial Hermann Hospital here in the Houston medical center in the state of Texas.)
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Lighten up cristobal. I didn't realize the hospital has three names.
    1) Hermann Hospital
    2) Memorial Center
    3) Memorial Hermann Hospital

I'm sorry you can't read, and by the way that is a very ugly picture of you! And if it's your dog that's a very ugly looking dog too! And no it only has one name.
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I'm sorry you can't read, and by the way that is a very ugly picture of you! And if it's your dog that's a very ugly looking dog too! And no it only has one name.
    Thank You!

Because I'm sure typing TX or Houston TX after the hospital name would stress your fingers out too much, right?

Geez. Especially since you have no location name under your avatar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    i'm getting 15 kbit in upper NYC, woo hoo.
    Someone posted in HowardForums that he was getting edge in Queens, so I tested it again for 168th st manhattan.

gettin speeds of 70kb +
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Looks like it might be coming on line in Atlanta...from the Airport to North Atlanta (40miles), I tested it while on the highway and it ranged from (the standard non Egde) 40K to (Edge) 130K during the drive...up until recently I think it was only on a couple of towers downtown but now I was picking it up during most of the 40 mile stretch!!
    Most of Houston TX should now be able to get EDGE speeds. I'm averaging 151 Kbps now where I live. I'll stay away from any other carriers service for now unless they shut out the proxy workaround.
    WOW! I ran across this thread again on Saturday and tried it out (in Phoenix) to see if there had been any progress but got the usual 32kbps. Then right before bed I figured I'd try it again just to see and it's consistently given me 125-135. I cleared the cache just to see if it was that and still had great speed. I'll try it again tomorrow but it's nice to finally have it!
    Most of Houston TX should now be able to get EDGE speeds. I'm averaging 151 Kbps now where I live. I'll stay away from any other carriers service for now unless they shut out the proxy workaround.
    Yeah, I'm on the FAR, north-end of Houston (Kingwood) and I'm getting an average of 125 Kpbs.
    Seems to be spreading in Middlesex county, NJ -- have gotten EDGE speeds in Carteret, Iselin, Edison, Metuchen, Highland Park, and Piscataway.

Have also gotten EDGE in lower West Village in NYC but not in the area around Washington Sq.
    Quote Originally Posted by wdunn
    Looks like it might be coming on line in Atlanta...from the Airport to North Atlanta (40miles), I tested it while on the highway and it ranged from (the standard non Egde) 40K to (Edge) 130K during the drive...up until recently I think it was only on a couple of towers downtown but now I was picking it up during most of the 40 mile stretch!!
    Thanks for this. I started testing again and found EDGE in the Northside Hospital area, all over Sandy Springs, scattered all over Buckhead and *woohoo* in my neighborhood (the west end of Moores Mill Road). In Buckhead, it appears and then disappears every other block...I guess they're still in the process of upgrading.
    71-98 Kbps In northwest Detroit this afternoon...with only a 2 bar signal
    Treo 650 GSM Unlocked-TMobile
    130Kbps going on 3 days in all areas of Metro Phoenix. Still the old school sms voicemail but at least I've got Edge! For those of you who don't, call up and complain. I did so a few months ago and they offered me a free month of service to be happy.
    I'm glad to hear a bunch of you getting EDGE speeds. Another question I have for all you Treo users is who is using T-Zones with the proxy workaround and still getting the EDGE speeds and just paying $4.99.
    Cristobal, Yes. you are right. I am getting 102 kbps at Galleria area. Yeehaa
    Treo650/sprint PCS/Locked/unlimited vision & SMS (now international too)& 1000 mins for $65.
    Treo650/tmobile/Unlocked/on trial.
    Logitech Mobile Pro.
    JabraBT800.
    Treo Wireless Headset.
    SE HBH660.
    Motorolla 810.
    Supertooth Bluetooth car kit.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast