Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1.    #1  
    I am a member of a Yahoo t-mobile group. One of the respected members has informed us that effective 6/29/05 t-zones will not be offered any more. Instead there will be a new (more expensive) internet option. Existing tzones subscribers will be grandfathered.


    Sooooooo, if you want internet for $5 sign up today or it will likely be too late.

    I will classify this as a pretty well grounded rumor at this point, but likely true.
  2. #2  
    the next wap option is T-Mobileweb
    just $1 more a month
  3. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I am a member of a Yahoo t-mobile group. One of the respected members has informed us that effective 6/29/05 t-zones will not be offered any more. Instead there will be a new (more expensive) internet option. Existing tzones subscribers will be grandfathered.


    Sooooooo, if you want internet for $5 sign up today or it will likely be too late.

    I will classify this as a pretty well grounded rumor at this point, but likely true.
    What is the name of the T-Mobile Yahoo group? Is it worth joining?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I am a member of a Yahoo t-mobile group. One of the respected members has informed us that effective 6/29/05 t-zones will not be offered any more. Instead there will be a new (more expensive) internet option. Existing tzones subscribers will be grandfathered...

    is this what you're talking about ??

    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...bile_google_dc


    "Deutsche Telekom's mobile arm T-Mobile will use Web search leader Google as the starting point for surfing the Internet on its mobile phones to promote Internet usage, T-Mobile said on Wednesday.

    T-Mobile, Europe's second-largest mobile operator, is moving to provide full Internet access on its phones, abandoning the unpopular "walled garden" concept in which operators give access to their own choice of Web sites.

    "With the Google homepage we want tell our customers from the first moment that they are carrying with them the Internet they know from home," said T-Mobile board member Ulli Gritzuhn at a news conference in T-Mobile's Bonn headquarters.

    Mobile operators have failed for years to convince subscribers to use their phones for more than calls and text messages. As voice call prices fall, they need to compensate with revenues from Internet usage and other services.

    But the vast majority of customers shun mobile Internet services such as T-Mobile's "t-zones" or market leader Vodafone's "Live!." Those who use them do so rarely, and customer surveys show they do not see much use in them.

    "Too expensive, too complicated, too little use -- that's our clients' judgment about our current data services," said T-Mobile's Gritzuhn..."
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  5. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BARYE
    is this what you're talking about ??

    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...bile_google_dc


    "Deutsche Telekom's mobile arm T-Mobile will use Web search leader Google as the starting point for surfing the Internet on its mobile phones to promote Internet usage, T-Mobile said on Wednesday.

    T-Mobile, Europe's second-largest mobile operator, is moving to provide full Internet access on its phones, abandoning the unpopular "walled garden" concept in which operators give access to their own choice of Web sites.

    "With the Google homepage we want tell our customers from the first moment that they are carrying with them the Internet they know from home," said T-Mobile board member Ulli Gritzuhn at a news conference in T-Mobile's Bonn headquarters.

    Mobile operators have failed for years to convince subscribers to use their phones for more than calls and text messages. As voice call prices fall, they need to compensate with revenues from Internet usage and other services.

    But the vast majority of customers shun mobile Internet services such as T-Mobile's "t-zones" or market leader Vodafone's "Live!." Those who use them do so rarely, and customer surveys show they do not see much use in them.

    "Too expensive, too complicated, too little use -- that's our clients' judgment about our current data services," said T-Mobile's Gritzuhn..."
    If so it doesn't mean anything to us. The article says that they don't know if they will use Google for T-Mobile USA.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    What is the name of the T-Mobile Yahoo group? Is it worth joining?

    The group is called "T-Mobile-US."

    http://finance.groups.yahoo.com/grou...le-US/messages

    It is worthwhile to join, but there isnt an enormous amount of activity there. Also it seems there are a lot of pretty basic posts (i.e. Can I just use my old Verizon on T-mo?). Nevertheless, it is somewhat useful.
  7. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #7  
    It looks like the new name is T-MobileWeb and it's $5.99 per month. Depending on how you navigate around the T-Mobile site you will still see the old names. I guess it will take a while to get rid of all the references.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  8. #8  
    I'm still seeing T-zones at $4.99

    http://www.tmobile.com/services/tzones/overview.asp

    Where are you getting T-MobileWeb at $5.99 ?
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  9. TxDot's Avatar
    Posts
    892 Posts
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    #9  
    From the main page click on Services & Features and then on the Web & Applications graphic.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

    Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    From the main page click on Services & Features and then on the Web & Applications graphic.

    still not seeing it -- only shown the $4.99 t-zone -- maybe I'm cookied to where it hasn't yet rolled out...
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
  11. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #11  
    bump
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
  12. #12  
    It's been T-Mobile Web for a while now... no need to bump a two-year-old thread--go to t-mobile.com if you need info.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  13. simba's Avatar
    Posts
    297 Posts
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom LaPrise View Post
    It's been T-Mobile Web for a while now... no need to bump a two-year-old thread--go to t-mobile.com if you need info.
    sorry, i was seaching for this topic and couldn't find it so I bumped it. And I found it. That's all; I do weird things - cool, man.
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge

Posting Permissions