1.    #1  
    Does anyone know by looking at the S/W version if the phone is unlocked?
    AT&T Treo 750 (Unlocked) WM6

DrB
    Okay, don't want to be called a snob for suggesting you search previous posts before asking questions, so I'll answer as best I can:

The software version does not change. The only way to know is to insert a SIM card from a different provider. If it works, your phone is unlocked.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    If you got the phone from Cingular and it has the Cingular logo on it, then it didn't come unlocked. The only way it could now be unlocked is if you got the code from Cingular and entered it manually. You would know if you did this. If you got the phone from PalmOne and it doesn't have a Cingular logo on it, then it is unlocked.

Brett
    So do you know of anyone who has actually gotten the code from Cingular to unlock their Treo?
    Quote Originally Posted by BrettS
    If you got the phone from PalmOne and it doesn't have a Cingular logo on it, then it is unlocked.

Brett

Not quite true. I bought directly from PalmOne a locked Cingular phone with no logo. Have since had it unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggkhalil
    So do you know of anyone who has actually gotten the code from Cingular to unlock their Treo?

Uhhh, see earlier post about using search function.
    You just need to be a customer of cingular for 90 days and asked for it... they will email you the code within 24 hours...
    Quote Originally Posted by zinan
    You just need to be a customer of cingular for 90 days and asked for it... they will email you the code within 24 hours...
    You don't have to be a Cingular customer at all - I just called and asked nicely and they gave me my unlock code immediately over the phone.