1.    #1  
    The jack on my Treo 650 failed yesterday. It only took one call to get an advanced exchange shipped out by Cingular. I paid an extra $8 for 1 day shipping.

This got me thinking again about an extended warranty plan. I really wish that one were available for the Treo 650.

Anyone know what the out-of-warranty cost will be on a Treo 650?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  2.    #2  
    Answered my own question. $179 for out-of-warranty repair plus $25 for advanced replacement. This price is for the GSM unlocked phone, but I would think CNG prices are similar.

FOUND this: palmOne offers Out of Warranty repair services for Cingular Treo 650. So the prices listed above are accurate.
    Good to know. How did the jack fail?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

4.    #4  
    Not sure how it failed, but it showed up as no handset or MIC support when no headset is installed. My guess is that the contacts are not closing properly after the headset jack is removed.
  5.    #5  
    Too bad the replacement unit that I got today has a bad P key. It is going back. Cingular has agreed to send me another unit. Hopefully the next one will be in better condition.