1.    #1  
    I got my Treo650 and Cingular Plan back on 2/11/05. I had a $39.99 voice plan, and the $19.99 MEdia Works plan that had Unlimited Wireless Internet Express. (I called twice to make sure it was Unlimited)

I ported my Verizon number in today. I called to verify my plan and the $39.99 voice plan is still active, but my MEdia plan was changed to the MEdia Works 5 MB Wireless Internet Express plan. I was on the phone for about a hour trying to get them to change it back, but she kept on telling me that it isn't in the system.

Does anybody have any advice or know what I can do? Thanks.
    You can do nothing and end up like that dude with the $1200 bill from Cingular or keep calling until you get a representative that is not a complete dope.
    If they absolutely refuse, get the $20 MEdia Net Unlimited which gives you unlimited internet access.

You'll have to add the text and multimedia messaging separately as that is no longer a part of MEdia Net Unlimited.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I'm considering getting a Treo from Cingular... can anyone explain the different data options? They want to sell me one for $50 a month or so. Thanks,

/Jason
    Look at
    https://www.cingular.com/media/media_net_purchase

Media Net Unlimited will get you unlimited internet access for $20/mo. Text amd MMS messaging is NOT included in this. You won't be able to do VPN connections either.

But it is sufficient for most other applications. If Cingular sales people insist that this is not for the Treo .. decline them and add on the service on the web site yourself.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!

/Jason
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Look at

Media Net Unlimited will get you unlimited internet access for $20/mo. Text amd MMS messaging is NOT included in this. You won't be able to do VPN connections either.

But it is sufficient for most other applications. If Cingular sales people insist that this is not for the Treo .. decline them and add on the service on the web site yourself.

Hmm... the VPN issue suggests that some TCP ports are blocked. Does anyone know whether ports such as POP (port 110) and Secure-Shell (port 22) work with Media Net Unlimited?
    My limited understanding: The Media Net packages provide you with a private IP address behind a NAT (like home cable router/switches do). The more pricy ($40?) PDA plans give you a direct connection to the net when you connect to the network.

This somehow affects the ability to make VPN connections.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Look at

I can't agree with the VPN part of that statement. PPTP will not work. However IPSec will. So Mergic is out of the question, however AnthaVPN (or whatever the hell they call Movian now) which is IPSec will work.

I just got my Cingular Treo 650 and the sales guy gave me the Media Works unlimited plan, but in the legal disclaimer it says, "MEdia Net packages are not available on PDAs, RIM devices, or PC card modems" (Toward the bottom of http://www.cingular.com/media/media_legal in the MEdia Net section). I keep waiting for something to hit the fan and haven't been doing much online because I don't know how it works and am not sure if I should call anyone and ask. The guy who set up my package really wasn't too keen on what he was doing.

So any thoughts? I am trying to figure out what the difference between the unlimited MEdia Works and unlimited MEdia Net are.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggkhalil
    So any thoughts? I am trying to figure out what the difference between the unlimited MEdia Works and unlimited MEdia Net are.
    From

Currently:

Media Net Unlimited => unlimited internet access for $19.99/mo. No txt/MMS messaging

Media Works (there is no such thing as Media Works Unlimited) => 5 MB internet, 1000 txt msg, unlimited MMS msg.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    MediaWorks Unlimited = unlimited wireless internet + 200 MMS + 1500 SMS for $19.99 (no longer available)

MediNet Unlimited = Unlimited wirelss internet, no SMS, no MMS for $19.99 (still available but fine print says not for pda's eventhough many use it anyway)
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggkhalil
    I just got my Cingular Treo 650 and the sales guy gave me the Media Works unlimited plan, but in the legal disclaimer it says, "MEdia Net packages are not available on PDAs, RIM devices, or PC card modems" (Toward the bottom of http://www.cingular.com/media/media_legal in the MEdia Net section). I keep waiting for something to hit the fan and haven't been doing much online because I don't know how it works and am not sure if I should call anyone and ask. The guy who set up my package really wasn't too keen on what he was doing.

I've got the Old MediaWorks (1500 text, 200mms, unlimited gprs/edge), With my Old cell phone, then I straight and bought a Treo 650, and kept the MediaWorks.
    Just this past billing cycle, I pulled in 47megs of GPRS Internet and no extra charges... as the McDonald's commercials says.... I'm Lovin' It!