Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Up and down!

1.04 to 1.23 to 1.28

Thanks all for all the info!!
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Prior to the upgrade the light on my phone came on and off all the time and it was really annoying and killed my battery, I've had no problems in the 20 minutes I have had this upgrade *crosses fingers*

One thing, when I ran the 1.21 upgrade all my default cingular favorites buttons were gone, after running the 1.28 upgrade and copying my stuff back they're here and I can't get rid ot them. Anyone know how I can delete em?
    From the button screen, highlight the button you want to delete. Hit the menu key. Scroll down to "Edit Favorites Button". Hit enter. Press the delete key.

Done!
    I can't. All the buttons seem to be "locked" like they were when I had the Cingular branded phone
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    What happens to all the Cingular settings when doing this upgrade -- stuff like the voicemail number, Web settings, etc.?
    Quote Originally Posted by Interblat
    What happens to all the Cingular settings when doing this upgrade -- stuff like the voicemail number, Web settings, etc.?
    Your voicemail number is *usually* in your SIM, so that shouldn't be a problem, at least it wasn't for me.

Web settings should not be an issue wither as the Treo is smart enough to know what service you use and autoconfigs for the most part. It's one of the great features, you shouldn't have to make any adjustments after the upgarde, it's all there just fine.
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    Very reassuring. Thanks!

Updated exactly as documented by both Cody and taroliw, I used a mix of both, basically using taroliw's instructions to update to 1.28 from the SD card. Only one minor bugaboo, I installed the files to ram then did a soft reset, which then complained about not enough ram to proceed. I then had to copy the files over again, then run the D.C program, but that was just a silly user error and no harm done.

BackupBuddyVFS gave me a little trouble, reset when I was restoring, so I wound up doing it manually and skipping the files it was barfing on. Not sure what's up with that, but none of them were a big deal.

Everything seems to work great! I had updated Chatter and DocsToGo last week, not sure if there are any other programs out there that need updating, I should likely look to see.

Oh, and the usual.. No echo on the receiving end (the wife is very happy about that) and I went from 4.3M to 9.4M free

Thanks guys!
    I did the update to 1.23 with no problem. Now when I try running the installer, "Treo_650_Updater_1_13.exe" it gets to the hotsync portion, and it starts to sync to the completely fresh treo, (no software on it and 21 megs free and it immediatly cancels out at installing applications and the log on the treo says:

"HotSync operation was terminated. Some of your data was NOT backed up. Out of storage space during update of database AAAChecker - aborting sync."

I have 21.8 megs free at this point and am running it to a blank user "upgrade" and do not have an SD or Sim card in the Treo.

My HotSync ID has now also disappeared from the hotsync window on the treo, it seems to sync fine, but the ID doesn't show up, and contacts, calender items done transfer, and other programs like Kinoma show the ID as <none> and therefore won't run.

Any ideas would be appreciated!
    Last edited by fxguy; 06/26/2005 at 10:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by fxguy
    I did the update to 1.23 with no problem. Now when I try running the installer, "Treo_650_Updater_1_13.exe" it gets to the hotsync portion, and it starts to sync to the completely fresh treo, (no software on it and 21 megs free and it immediatly cancels out at installing applications and the log on the treo says:

"HotSync operation was terminated. Some of your data was NOT backed up. Out of storage space during update of database AAAChecker - aborting sync."

I have 21.8 megs free at this point and am running it to a blank user "upgrade" and do not have an SD or Sim card in the Treo.
    Any ideas would be appreciated!
    There have been a few others including myself who have reported problems going from 1.23 to 1.28 for some reason, although mine didn't have an error message like that. I have a Cingular Blue (AT&T 650) by the way.

I ended up reflashing to 1.15 via the same SD method as getting to 1.23 and had no trouble going from 1.15 up to 1.28. Give that a shot. I think 1.21 might work too...

ftp://ftp.snikte.net/Treo650-fw115.zip
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Yeah I tried that too and got the same result, but now realized that even if I stay at 1.23 none of my hotsync info like contacts, dates, etc come back even though it syncs with the right user and reinstalls "most" of the programs...
    can this be done without a SD card? Please help!
    how do I find out if my ophone is locked up or not before the installl?
    sad day today... after unbranding my cingular in hopes that now it'll work with my carkit (stop reseting itself) my hopes were all destroyed. It still doesnt work even after installing the latest upgrade for GSM phones from PalmOne, I think 1.28. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I know Sprint has an update that works with bimmers carkits, is there anyway to brand my phone to a Sprint phone so I can install that update?

Please help
    But the 650's BT implementation is known to have significant compatability problems. Do you know for a fact that a Sprint phone can hook up with your car kit?

Though I will say one thing. I wouldn't trade my 650 for anything. Hearing of all the tales of BT car kit woe, I'm SO glad I finally decided it wasn't worth waiting for integrated BT and ordered a new car. ;-) I think this is one that deserves more sideline action... 'cause this ain't fully baked yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    But the 650's BT implementation is known to have significant compatability problems. Do you know for a fact that a Sprint phone can hook up with your car kit?

Though I will say one thing. I wouldn't trade my 650 for anything. Hearing of all the tales of BT car kit woe, I'm SO glad I finally decided it wasn't worth waiting for integrated BT and ordered a new car. ;-) I think this is one that deserves more sideline action... 'cause this ain't fully baked yet.
    Sprint says BMW is now compatible with TREO 650 after the latest update. I've seen posts by people who installed this update from Spring and got their phones working (it may not be perfect but at least TREO stops reseting itself after the update) My other question would be even if somehow magically I installed a Sprint Rom on my GSM phone will then my cingular SIM work with it?

Any advice on how to install Spring ROM on a GSM phone would be greatly appreciated!
    Sprint == CDMA ... but it's up to you if you want a brick.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    Sprint == CDMA ... but it's up to you if you want a brick.

where can I get the Sprint ROM from? I have a GSM phone are you sure I can install that on my phone? How about my Cingular SIM card, will it work afterwards?
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    suckstobeme,
    You don't want to install the Sprint ROM update on your phone. What taroliw was trying to tell you was that if you use the CDMA Sprint ROM on your GSM phone it will no longer function as a phone. It will become as functional as a "brick". :-)
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Quote Originally Posted by suckstobeme
    where can I get the Sprint ROM from? I have a GSM phone are you sure I can install that on my phone? How about my Cingular SIM card, will it work afterwards?
    Yeah - you can't install a CDMA ROM on a GSM phone - the hardware will not permit it.