Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Treomethis
    Phone Info:

Firmware: 01.28
    Software: Treo650-1.13-ROW
    How much RAM is available? Do you have background apps running? Which? Any other potentially problematic apps considering the notes from the Palmone site and others here? Have you tried #*377 in phone to see what might be causing the crashes?
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    How much RAM is available? Do you have background apps running? Which? Any other potentially problematic apps considering the notes from the Palmone site and others here? Have you tried #*377 in phone to see what might be causing the crashes?
    13.7M free.

The only apps I have installed after the update have been Adobe Acrobat Reader (POS if you ask me) and the updated versions of the Documents To Go suite. Nothing else. I performed a sync followed by a hard reset. This seems to have settled things down, or I am just not messing with it as much. Sigh.
    I'm must be an *****. I have 1.23 installed and I'm trying to get the 1.13 updater installed. I followed Palm's directions to the T. It now says that I have 1.28 FW and treo650-1.06/4032/-ROW software. When finished trying to install, it show's error message:"not enough available memory". How is that the case when I just did a Hard reset and deleted everything???

Will somebody please spell this out for me... I'm using a Mac, and missing sync.
    [tony]
    Didn't see it anywhere, but i just went from .21 to the new upgrade, no problems. With a cingular locked phone.
    Global Posts
    99 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lazieboss
    wouldnt you be able to go backwards to the cingular firmware once palm releases the official cingular 1.28 firmware. even if the setup doesnt let you go from unlocked 1.28 ROW to 1.28 CNG, wouldnt u be able to flash back to 1.23 and then to 1.28 CNG?
    So Does anyone know? Or do we need to wait untill CNG 1.28 comes out to try? It seems that it should be possible to flash to the original 1.04CNG software if someone has it and then upgrading to 1.28CNG. I am thinking of putting unlocked GSM on mine but would like to have the chance to put the CNG version later if needed for warranty reasons.....

Thanks

Ed
  6.    #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by EEZ123
    So Does anyone know? Or do we need to wait untill CNG 1.28 comes out to try? It seems that it should be possible to flash to the original 1.04CNG software if someone has it and then upgrading to 1.28CNG. I am thinking of putting unlocked GSM on mine but would like to have the chance to put the CNG version later if needed for warranty reasons.....

Thanks
    Ed
    really no idea... really depends on Cingular... if they code in a function to check if your phone is already Cingular then looks like your screwed... remember the only reason we (cingular users) can upgrade our phones now is because we can go to the beta patch which does not check for brand. 'if' we had not had the beta then we would have not been able to upgrade. In other words... Palm put a brand check in their Upgrade version, why wouldn't cingular... so unless you have some type of way to switch it back to Cingular (like a cingular beta that doesn't check, which to my knowledge we don't) you are SOL (Stuff outa luck) =-)

-Cody
  7. pkx
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Cody - You rock man.

Is your @gmail.com account your paypal address? This was worth a few bucks to me and hopefully to others as well...
  8.    #68  
    Quote Originally Posted by pkx
    Cody - You rock man.

Is your @gmail.com account your paypal address? This was worth a few bucks to me and hopefully to others as well...
    Thanks I appreciate the notion, but the 'thanks' is enough. However, it did take me a looooong time to write that, and my hands do hurt a little a little..only kidding. Paypal is cody@codywalker.com if you want to send me some mula, I'd be more than happy to receive it. Thanks either way for the gratitude. I'm a big fan of pay it forward though... instead of paying me back just pay it forward to someone else or the community. write a review, howto, or help some newb who needs it instead of flaming him. doesn't have to be on this forum or anything, but next time you see the opportunity to do something you don't really want to do, just think of it as paying me =-). At any rate, my do-good rant is over.. now what are you guys waiting for! send me the big bucks! =-) Thanks again for the gratitude.

-Cody
    P.S. cody@codywalker.com =-)
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    Cody,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the instructions.

I have been debating loading the 1.23 beta onto my locked Cingular 650 for a while but having never done a ROM update I was worried I would "brick" my phone.

When I found this thread and read through the instructions and experiences you posted I decided to go for it.

The update went perfectly following your directions and I have been running 1.28 since yesterday and it rocks. So far 1.28 has been very stable and I now have BT DUN option not to mention the "duration" option in the call log.

Thanks again.
    Make April 15th just another day. Fairtax
    Quote Originally Posted by codywalker
    really no idea... really depends on Cingular... if they code in a function to check if your phone is already Cingular then looks like your screwed... remember the only reason we (cingular users) can upgrade our phones now is because we can go to the beta patch which does not check for brand. 'if' we had not had the beta then we would have not been able to upgrade. In other words... Palm put a brand check in their Upgrade version, why wouldn't cingular... so unless you have some type of way to switch it back to Cingular (like a cingular beta that doesn't check, which to my knowledge we don't) you are SOL (Stuff outa luck) =-)

-Cody

I actually think that Cingular will let anyone upgrade with thier stuff so that they get the logo and other brand info loaded into your phone.

Maybe? wouldn't be a bad business decision for Cingular to have thier name on all of it.
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    Does xpressmail still work?? I need it, I think. I can only send out going mail through my works POP3 from my works IP address. Or is there another mail app. that will route my outgoing emails through my work IP address?
  12.    #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by oclv_9900
    Cody,
    Just wanted to say thanks for the instructions.

I have been debating loading the 1.23 beta onto my locked Cingular 650 for a while but having never done a ROM update I was worried I would "brick" my phone.

When I found this thread and read through the instructions and experiences you posted I decided to go for it.

The update went perfectly following your directions and I have been running 1.28 since yesterday and it rocks. So far 1.28 has been very stable and I now have BT DUN option not to mention the "duration" option in the call log.

Thanks again.
    not a problem, glad to help... once again I completely understand your hesitation. You shoulda seen me IM'ing taroliw, I was like "there is an OK button on the screen and its the only option, do I press it?" and "it says to plug the power cable in to the phone, should I plug the power cable into the phone?". lol... thats why I wrote this. Glad to hear everything is going well for you.

-Cody
  13.    #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcollett
    Does xpressmail still work?? I need it, I think. I can only send out going mail through my works POP3 from my works IP address. Or is there another mail app. that will route my outgoing emails through my work IP address?
    I don't really understand why you need to use your works outgoing SMTP server. You can use a million free ones and just have the return address as your work address.
    I like to access the email that I have downloaded to my work pc's inbox and removed from my work's pop3. All my emails are only on my work pc...we do not have an outlook server. Our work pop3 server is ran my an outside company. Does that help.
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    For those of you that have looked at my Aaaaaaarrrrrrggggggghhhhhh response to this post, call off the dogs and jump right in. Last night I did a hard reset and I have not had one reset today. I am happy. :-)
  16.    #76  
    Quote Originally Posted by bcollett
    I like to access the email that I have downloaded to my work pc's inbox and removed from my work's pop3. All my emails are only on my work pc...we do not have an outlook server. Our work pop3 server is ran my an outside company. Does that help.

this is not making sense to me... You can use Versamail for pop3. If for some weird reason you can only SEND mail from your companies IP address.. then just use a MILLION free SMTP servers out there. Say your company is COMTECH and your email is kewlguy@comtech.com... wel just signup for some free SMTP server and have the reply to address as.. drum roll... kewlguy@comtech.com.. so if you used SMTP.com (example) for smtp (outgoing) and u used mail.comtech.com for pop3 incoming. You'd be good to go.

Time to make this pertinent to the thread its in. This way you can upgrade to the beta and then to the public release without the need for express mail or whatever that cinguar thing is that I lost a few days ago =-), I say lost, but I mean purposely misplaced.. or.. Upgraded away from.

-Cody
    I'm on a Mac and I've got a Cingular/unlocked running 1.23...is there anyway to run the 1.28/1.13 updater via the SD card method? I'm wanting to simply drop the files onto the SD card via a card reader and pop in the card into the Treo and let the updater do it's thing....just like with the 1.23 updater. However, downloading the 1.28/1.13 updater from palmone as a .sit file results in 44 files. You can't get those files to work unless a hotsync is performed...I'm wanting to avoid upgrading via hotsync mainly because it's just a pain (and I'm using Missing Sync). Maybe it's so simple that I'm missing something here...any help?
  18.    #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildman
    I'm on a Mac and I've got a Cingular/unlocked running 1.23...is there anyway to run the 1.28/1.13 updater via the SD card method? I'm wanting to simply drop the files onto the SD card via a card reader and pop in the card into the Treo and let the updater do it's thing....just like with the 1.23 updater. However, downloading the 1.28/1.13 updater from palmone as a .sit file results in 44 files. You can't get those files to work unless a hotsync is performed...I'm wanting to avoid upgrading via hotsync mainly because it's just a pain (and I'm using Missing Sync). Maybe it's so simple that I'm missing something here...any help?
    Taroliw did it that way, ask him.. take it away taroliw =-)

-Cody
  19. mh8
    I am interested in doing this process with my Cingular 650 but I have a mac, can I use card export with a mac?? Is there a similar mac program?? is there a way around this step?? Any tips would be great,Thanks-M
    Your right this is totally relevant to this tread, but I need to understand this before I can upgrade.

I currently receive email at bob@company.com. These emails are downloaded and removed from the company.com pop server and stored in my outlook on my desktop. This happens everyday many times a day. There are removed from company.comís pop server because we have purchased limited space on this pop server. Therefore, the only place I can see my emails is in my desktopís outlook inbox.

Plus, company.com will only send emails in my name from my ip address. Yes, you are right it is EZ to do the reply thing.

My problem is reading my emails that have already been downloaded to my desktops outlook.

Does that help?

Is there another app out there that will let me look at my outlook inbox on my desktop?
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast