Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast
    Does the also work on a Sprint Treo 650?
    Maxima_Neo
    Computer Support
    White Plains, NY
    Global Posts
    710 Global Posts
    I need help with 2 things:

1) In which order should I perform the following? Unlocking a Treo (from Cingular to work with T-Mobile) and Unbranding a Cingular Treo's firmware to the normal PalmOne version.

2) The original post in this thread dates back to mid-June, 2005. I'm wondering, since it is August, if there are newer versions of the update to perform.

Thanks.
    If we do the Cingular update can we still do this update to remove the Cingular branding? If so, how?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    I need help with 2 things:

1) In which order should I perform the following? Unlocking a Treo (from Cingular to work with T-Mobile) and Unbranding a Cingular Treo's firmware to the normal PalmOne version.
    Doesn't matter, since installing the 1.13-ROW/1.28 doesn't unlock your phone. And 1.13-ROW/1.28 will install if you have one of the 1.15, 1.21, or 1.23 (plus associated ROM code) updates installed. I seem to recall most people having success with 1.21.

More recently, I have read of folks who were indeed able to install the 1.15-CNG update after having installed 1.13-ROW.

Quote Originally Posted by Dim-Ize
    2) The original post in this thread dates back to mid-June, 2005. I'm wondering, since it is August, if there are newer versions of the update to perform.
    Not for ROW, no. If you want to be running branded Cingular stuff, the 1.15-CNG/1.31 is the latest. Some of us that were running 1.13-ROW/1.28 took advantage of the newer 1.31 firmware in Cingular's update and now run 1.13-ROW/1.31 with great success (YMMV).
    Quote Originally Posted by naturefreak85
    If we do the Cingular update can we still do this update to remove the Cingular branding? If so, how?
    huh? If you install 1.15-CNG ROM then you are installing a branded ROM... unless you're planning to pull a Shadowmite and customize it. Frankly, there are some who have swiped the 1.31 firmware from Cingular's update to run 1.13-ROW with 1.31 firmware (originally came only with 1.28).

From what I read of 1.15, I'm not sure any of the application upgrades were compelling *unless* you were also a Cingular customer. And if you're a Cingular customer, what's the problem with taking the branded 1.15 if you want their custom apps (esp email)?
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxima_Neo
    Does the also work on a Sprint Treo 650?
    No, it's doesn't. It's not a good idea to try to mix GSM and CDMA stuff... not good at all. But Sprint did very recently have a ROM and firmware update of their own... might want to check that out.
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    I upgraded and now have 1.13 with 1.28. I installed the 1.31 files via hotsynch and after the soft reset it still says I have firmware 1.28. SHould it say 1.31?
    No, it shouldn't. 1.13-ROW shipped with 1.28 firmware. The 1.31 firmware was first released with the 1.15-CNG (note, *not* ROW) update. Some have swiped the 1.31 firmware from that update (see other threads) and have successfully been running 1.13-ROW/1.31 firmware.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I just got my 650. I was going just do the 1.15/1.31 upgrade for CNGB, but I'm seeing that a lot of people are having problems with the 30sec screen timout setting the system time out.

Does 1.13/1.28 keep me from having the 30 sec problem?

I don't really care whether it's branded or not... I just want the thing to work.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    I have 1.13/1.28 and added the 7 components posted on here to bring it to 1.31 and have not had any problems.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    I have 1.13/1.28 and added the 7 components posted on here to bring it to 1.31 and have not had any problems.
    Thanks. Well, I got my phone to 1.13/1.31 Now I'll start installing apps and hope I don't screw it up.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    hi, the link http://palmsource.palmgear.com/index...e&prodid=44626
    is broken how can i get the "PALM FOLDER"? can you help me?
    How do i find out what firmware/ROW I'm running?
    Can someone help me out?

I have a cingular locked treo 650.

I want to use my Tmobile SIM instead.

I haven't made any firmware/ROW updates yet but would like to.

Should I unlock the phone FIRST and THEN mess around with the ROW/firmware or should I FIRST update the ROW/firmware, and THEN unlock the phone.

Thanks
    If you must use the TMobile SIM, then unlock it first. Until then, you can't use the TMobile SIM -- No point in updating the firmware on a machine you cannot use.

RickLaw
    Quote Originally Posted by taroliw
    And the structure of what's there looks like post 41 in this thread?
    I am having the same problem. The structure does look like posting 41. Were you guys able to resolve this issue?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hark
    When I attempt to install 1.23, after putting the SD card in with just the 1.23 "Palm" folder on it, I get the following error on my locked Cingular 650: "General Error: 0x50070201" with an "ok" prompt, which cancels any further action. Any thoughts?
    I am having the same problem. The structure does look like posting 41. Were you guys able to resolve this issue?
    hi..

upgrading from cnb to unlocked gsm will put the language choice?
    there are "warnings" about the procedure or is "near completely" sure?

Another completely flawless upgrade here! Well done!!!
    Today being 11/02/2005 and my 650 being Firmware 1.31 and software 1.15-CNG could this procedure be updated for unbranding Cingular 650's?

Thanks
    Hi all,

Ok I know I am being stupid here but I can't find out where my phone tells me what ROM and firmware it is running. I am sure I am overlooking something simple. I unlocked a cingular branded phone to use on T-Mobile but I hate the Cingular apps and controls and waste of memory. So I want to put in unbranded updated firmware and software. I am not as tech savie as I would like to be and am groping around here quite a bit. Any help on this would be greatly appriciated.

Thanks,
    Lee
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast