1.    #1  
    Has anyone been able to get PDANet on a Treo 600 working with Tzones? Are there any other methods/software for using my treo as a modem other than PDANet?

Thanks for any help.

Tom
  2.    #2  
    Well it doesn't work with tzones, all ports are blocked - it used to at one point but then Tmobile was wise to this fact. I have the Tzones Internet and things work well. FYI

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tecort
    Has anyone been able to get PDANet on a Treo 600 working with Tzones? Are there any other methods/software for using my treo as a modem other than PDANet?

Thanks for any help.

Tom
    Well it doesn't work with tzones, all ports are blocked - it used to at one point but then Tmobile was wise to this fact. I have the Tzones Internet and things work well. FYI

Tom

Works fine, if you willing to do port redirection and proxy server setup. Search for my older post
  4.    #4  
    I think the proxy only applies to Blazer and maybe verichat. I don't think you can set a proxy for PDANet - atleast I can't seem to find it.

So what you suggest will allow you to surf the web and do verichat but not allow you to tether your laptop via PDANet. Besides using proxies are dangerous even on your on home network. Anyone could use your proxy for any activity online - kinda scary!!

The $4.99 plan already allows Blazer functionality via the T-Mobile proxy (it doesn't however allow the https access).

Thanks for the input.

Tom
    I think the proxy only applies to Blazer and maybe verichat. I don't think you can set a proxy for PDANet - atleast I can't seem to find it.

So what you suggest will allow you to surf the web and do verichat but not allow you to tether your laptop via PDANet. Besides using proxies are dangerous even on your on home network. Anyone could use your proxy for any activity online - kinda scary!!

The $4.99 plan already allows Blazer functionality via the T-Mobile proxy (it doesn't however allow the https access).

Thanks for the input.

Tom
    There is no difference between accessing the web with the Blazer setup to proxy or through PDAnet -->laptop --> Internet Explorer ( setup to proxy)

Anyone from Tmobile wireless network can access my proxy, if they know my ip address. My firewall is setup to only allow tmobile address subset. There is a risk, but it is minimal.
    Funny. I installed PDANET yesterday and was up and running 5 minutes later using TZones. No port redirection...no hassles at all!
    You never lived until you almost died!