Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I used tmobile for about a month. It was the absolute WORST service I ever used. I travelled all over the US on business and NO service virtually anywhere. It was absolutely AWFUL. I have also used verizon and now I am finally settling down with Cingular. While Verizon's service still is a little better than Cingular's it is not longer by much. I basically get service everywhere (I live in NYC and Long Island) now and have no problems. Oh, and customer support has been terrific (unlike Verizon but similar to Tmobile).

Basically, I was reading some posts that said Tmobile was better than Cingualr and I cringed every time i read one. The only thing Tmobile has going for it is that they offer lower costs (that's the company's differentiation strategy). Verizon obviously differentiates themselves with the best service. Cingular uses a mix of the coolest and latest phones along with very strong service. And sprint is the CDMA version of Tmobile with its low costs as well (albeit the terrible cdma phones). Anyway this is my opinion on the Cell Company Wars.
    Yeah, Sprint PCS is trash, until you see the pathetic speeds Cingular offers for the data service and the limited EDGE coverage areas. I also am a big fan of the dropped-calls and oversold towers.

Of course, maybe you like paying $25 ~ $40 for your data plan which is slower than my $15 plan witih Sprint.
    Oh, but the have that swell "Raising the bar" motto...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hey! We also have the cute orange bubble-man mascot to make us smile during our multiple dropped calls and Blazer outages!

Don't start a phone service war Sprint Fanboys!
    I'm having trouble reading your post, bubble babe, what with that echo and all!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    The echo is all in your head MonkeyMan! You just wanna hear everything I say, over and over...***!
    You tend to repeat everything anyways..."Oh...oh...yes...yesss...ohhhh....harder....harder...."

Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You tend to repeat everything anyways..."Oh...oh...yes...yesss...ohhhh....harder....harder...."
    Don't make me Triangle you.
    I do not!

Sometimes I throw in a...deeper and ...oh yeah, right there baby...
  10. Lew
    At my office, I always had full signal on TMO. Crystal clear signal, never a problem. Cingular fades in and out and per zLauncher signal indicator half the time I'm roaming. Cingular seems to like dropping calls. Dropped calls twice in ten minutes driving down I-85 Sunday afternoon. No carrier should be dropping calls on a freakin' major Interstate highway. Is it the phone? Perhaps, but my wife and I are both experiencing similar issues on two completely different phones since switching from TMO.

So far I'm not real impressed with the orange-splat company's efforts at 'raising the bar'. Which is sad since I'm in Atlanta and you'd think they'd have their home market covered like white on rice.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Yeah, Sprint PCS is trash, until you see the pathetic speeds Cingular offers for the data service and the limited EDGE coverage areas. I also am a big fan of the dropped-calls and oversold towers.

Of course, maybe you like paying $25 ~ $40 for your data plan which is slower than my $15 plan witih Sprint.
    Cingular's data plan is faster than sprint's at the moment. And once UMTS is rolled out, you wont even be able to compare the two. Also, I have no problems with dropped calls and as long as the service and data work, i dont mind paying a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    Cingular's data plan is faster than sprint's at the moment. And once UMTS is rolled out, you wont even be able to compare the two. Also, I have no problems with dropped calls and as long as the service and data work, i dont mind paying a little more.
    I call BS on that. It's not faster....look at the plethora of speed test comparisons...and it's more expensive.
    Originally Posted by jwein84

What is UMTS and when?

Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I call BS on that. It's not faster....look at the plethora of speed test comparisons...and it's more expensive.
    Anyone got the link to the speed test?
    Unlocked -1.51---117-CNG
    Handspring Deluxe w/phone->Treo 180->Treo 650
    jwein84
    I think your phone for T-mobile has severe problem
    I seldom have problem almost everywhere I go
    at least T-mobile works for me
    about UMTS, sprint is about to launch EV-DO, the ACTUAL speed is 1Mb max
    I used tmobile for about a month. It was the absolute WORST service I ever used. I travelled all over the US on business and NO service virtually anywhere. It was absolutely AWFUL. I have also used verizon and now I am finally settling down with Cingular. While Verizon's service still is a little better than Cingular's it is not longer by much. I basically get service everywhere (I live in NYC and Long Island) now and have no problems. Oh, and customer support has been terrific (unlike Verizon but similar to Tmobile).

Basically, I was reading some posts that said Tmobile was better than Cingualr and I cringed every time i read one. The only thing Tmobile has going for it is that they offer lower costs (that's the company's differentiation strategy). Verizon obviously differentiates themselves with the best service. Cingular uses a mix of the coolest and latest phones along with very strong service. And sprint is the CDMA version of Tmobile with its low costs as well (albeit the terrible cdma phones). Anyway this is my opinion on the Cell Company Wars.
    You tell us to NEVER compare T-Mobile to Cingular, yet you do it in your very own post. Give yourself a pat on the back, good job!
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    You tell us to NEVER compare T-Mobile to Cingular, yet you do it in your very own post. Give yourself a pat on the back, good job!

LOL.....
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    when i say "compare" im saying its not a close comparison. im not telling everyone else not to actually compare the two. in my experience with both carriers, tmobile is a joke and cingular is great. thats it!
    when i say "compare" im saying its not a close comparison. im not telling everyone else not to actually compare the two. in my experience with both carriers, tmobile is a joke and cingular is great. thats it!
    So....how long have you actually been with Cingular?
    I doubt he's ranting the service he's NEVER used
    I have been in several places (philly, atlanta, nj, li, dc) T-Mobile has no problem there
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast