Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
  1.    #101  
    WOW! it worked!!!!! I'm in NYC and I selected the other Cingular here (which is really Tmobile) and i registered fine. I have FULL BARS!! the only thing i noticed was that the menu in the phone app is kind of different now. It seems that it is missing something. It has RECORD, EDIT, and OPTIONS on the top. It looks different as if something is missing? What's up?
  2.    #102  
    also, ive never done anything like this before. So since I copied your hacked phoneapp to my RAM, is it always there? if I soft reset now, will i still have it? How did this work before I copied your hacked phoneapp because I didnt see a phoneapp_enus.prc in RAM before that... so where was it getting it from?
  3.    #103  
    can someone confirm what menu options you get in the phone app. with this hacked phone app i have RECORD, EDIT, OPTIONS. I know options was there before.

Under RECORD, i have NEW CONTACT, EDIT FAVORITES BUTTON, EDIT FAVORITES PAGES, BEAM BUSINESS CARD (i know these submenus were there but i dont remember it being under RECORD).

Under EDIT i have PASTE only

UNDER OPTIONS i have all the old submenus INCLUDING SELECT NETWORK

can someone compare if they have a RECORD and EDIT menu?
    Thats good that it worked, yeah i played the menu. thats how i got it to work. I probley just put one to much of something. Ill take a screens hot and put the orginal back in and then ill compare the 2. The phone app is in the ram and gets copied to the ram everytime you use it, i think. Somebody correct me if im wrong. When i get the guide up, ill explain how i did it. Ill ahve to get back to this later today. I have another problem, somehow the backupbudy backup is crashing the palm when i sync to the desktop i think. I have to figure this out first and then i post the guide. I might just have to reinstall everything. GREAT

But back to the subject, im glad it worked and ill see if something is different with the menu.

Yes it should stay in the ram no matter what, but dont quote me on that. Only way is to test it out.

Glad we fixed this problem. Ill make a new thread when i post the guide so everybody can see that we have a solution to the problem. I'll link back to this one so people can see everybody that helped in the making or this solution.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    lazieboss,
    One quick way to check that is copy the phoneapp_enus.prc to your sd card, and delete it from the ram. Then compare it to what you did have and if its the same copy phoneapp_enus.prc back. If its not ill go back and change that real quick.

----
    JK
  6.    #106  
    ok just deleted it from the RAM and now have my old phone app. the menus are IDENTICAL. the only reason i thought it might have been different is that when you click either of the 3 options (RECORD, EDIT, OPTIONS) it has a blue highlight around the word. So if you click on EDIT, the blue highlight will be thick enough to highlight EDIT only. However with ur hacked phone app, It splits the entire top of the menu bar into 3 identical boxes with each box having RECORD EDIT and OPTIONS. so when you click EDIT, the blue highlight is the size of the entire 1/3 box its in.

Basically it usually looks like this:

|_RECORD_|_EDIT_|_OPTIONS_|_______| <this is the end of the screen (so there is white space after options

Now with your hack it looks like this

|___RECORD___|____EDIT____|__OPTIONS__|
  7.    #107  
    i reread the post and it seems confusing so if ur like wtf did he just sayyyy i dont know how else to describe it in words
    ill look into it. I can jsut take a orginal phoneapp_enus.prc and place it in my ram temp. to look at what you are saying.

----
    JK
    Lazieboss, did you delete the old phoneapp, then sync this new file, or how did you get it on your phone?
  10.    #110  
    ok heres how u do it. There is NO PhoneApp_enUS.prc in RAM normally. Now you can either hotsync the file that johnnytk36 generously slaved over for us or copy it to an SD card and then transfer it to RAM. Once you get that hacked prc to RAM, soft reset your Treo and the phone will use that instead of the one in ROM. and Voila, you now have a Cingular Treo that will allow network select. Everything is working 100% OK.. ive tested
  11.    #111  
    ok everyone... I work the overnight shift and have been up all night praying this hack would be out soon. Now that its out and working, I feel like the happiest man alive. I just came home and Im about to go to sleep. I hope everyone likes the hack!!! I'll check back when I wake up for more updates!

Thanks again to Shadowmite, mcdan333, and johnnytk36. Without you three, I do not know how I would be living right now
    can someone confirm this will work with a cingular branded phone and not just the unbranded version?
    Quote Originally Posted by jwein84
    can someone confirm this will work with a cingular branded phone and not just the unbranded version?
    I do not have a rom version of a cingular branded firmware. If i did i would compare the phoneapp_enus.prc files to see if they are the same.

----
    JK
    I downloaded johnnytk36's .prc file and loaded it on my Cingular branded (original 1.05 FW) and it caused a reset loop that required a hard reset.

Johnnytk36, I'm dying to know - what else did you have to do to the PhoneApp resources to make it work? I'd like to try the same mod with my Cingular/1.05 version.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    can't download to Treo...all its giving me is the attachment.php file. yuck
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    once i get my treo syncing good, ill post a guide.

mcdan333,

Can you send me your phone app from your rom. It is probaly called "Phone_enUS"

----
    JK
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    can't download to Treo...all its giving me is the attachment.php file. yuck
    I was able to download again. I would jsut try again or use a different browser.

I am abotu to got get some more drinks, once i get back i promise i start working on a guide to help everybody along.

P.S. I need either a "Phone_enUS" from somebodys Cingular rom that has the updated (cingular)firmware on it or the whole firmware zip file.
    Please send to jtkutz@gmail.com

----
    JK
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    okay down load it from your treo to blazer. go to blazer and copy the attachment .php to your palm card not your sd card. it auto matically changes to the phone appebus. you can do this with Filez and copy it to your palm card then soft reset your device. I can choose Cingular networks now in los angeles on my trow 1.28 cing treo 650 branded and unlocked.
    The Helen Keller of Treo Central
    Awesome, thanks to all that helped, I can now select t-mobile at my office and get a way better signal. btw, I have the latest radio update 1.30, 1.13 software.
    Aha... I think I figured it out. I got the Network Select option to work on my Cingular FW1.05 phone with the overlay in RAM. The bad news: I only get one network option (Cingular). The good news: I get a pretty good signal with that network anyway.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71