Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5101112131415161718 LastLast
    Does FW 1.43 break the hack?
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    can anyone create the hack for the new 1.14 rom just release?
    Quote Originally Posted by chris073
    can anyone create the hack for the new 1.14 rom just release?
    I don't mean to nit-pick here, but 1.14 hasn't been released yet.
    However I can try to 'hack' it, assuming Palm hasn't somehow fixed it so that the hack no longer works. What I need is the following:

There is a file in you ROM called Phone_enUS.PRC
    Use the program FileZ to copy Phone_enUS.PRC to an SD card, then email it to me (you'll need an SD card reader on your PC.) Or you can use FileZ to email the file directly from the Treo. Just use Filez and check Phone_enUS.PRC and tap "Send" and select your email app, it should copy the app to the email program as an attachment for you to send. At least it works with Snapper Mail.

Either way send me the file or post it to a response on this thread. I'll patch the file then post it.

Please also send me the following info:
    Go to the Phone app and go to Menu>Options>Phone Info.
    I want the "Firmware" version and the "Software Version"
    Example:
    Firmware: 01.31
    Software: Treo650-1.13-ROW

I will send you a private message with my email address.
    I downloaded the full 1.14-ROW updater and took the Phone_enUS.prc file from the updater. I don't know if it'll work this way. Normally I prefer to modify the file that comes from ROM after it has been installed, not take the install file the way I did.
    In any case this SHOULD work. Would someone that has applied the update test this? Please report back to me the software and firmware version string exactly the way it appears on your phone "Phone Info" page so that when I post it I can accurately identify which version it goes with.
    I have not and will not install the pre-release updater so I can't test it myself.

Make sure you FULLY BACK UP YOUR TREO before trying this. If it doesn't work you could en up in a boot loop and be required to hard re-set the treo and restore you back up. Please back it up before trying it.

-EDIT-
    File remove and now posted HERE with the rest of the versions.
    This is for: Software Version: 1.14-dbg (Pre-Release!)
    Last edited by taylorh; 01/22/2006 at 12:14 AM.
    trying it now, I guess disregard my e-mail
    It Works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would start a new thread with the post, with a title of "Network Selection Hack for 1.14 ROW" and attach the file!!

Fantastic QUICK job my friend!
    Thanks for verifying it. I've posted it at the usual place HERE and removed it from the post above just so there's a controlled distribution point.
    Again this is for software Version: 1.14-dbg (Pre-Release) (Firmware: 1.43, though firmware version is irrelevant)

I'm reluctant to start a new thread because so far this subject has been relatively self contained in this thread and I don't have to re-answer questions so much.
    But feel free to link to this post when the subject comes up.
    This is the URL to this post
    Last edited by taylorh; 10/11/2005 at 12:42 AM.
    I've posted the new 1.17-CNG 'network select' hack:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks/selectnetwork/
    Go ahead and download it, 3 people have already tested it and say it works.
    Last edited by taylorh; 01/22/2006 at 12:15 AM.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    I've posted the new 1.17-CNG 'network select' hack:
    http://www.hively.com/selectnetworkhack/
    Go ahead and download it, 3 people have already tested it and say it works.
    Confirmed!
    worked for me also...
    Question : My treo 650 is unlocked GSM. Is it possible to upgrade using the latest Cingular 1.17 and use the network hack so my Treo can be usable with my service provider? The network hack unlocks the Cingular ROM right?
    There is one out for Cingualr 1.17. Check post 288 in this thread.
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    thanks alot guys... you all rock... got my cingular card on thursday, live in mexico, and was getting the telcel GSM signal. it works with my T600, FW 03.05, SW 1.12 ROW
    Do the Cingular blue and orange towers run at different Frequency? I suspect in some regions they have both 850 and 1900 MHz towers. Which carriers use 850?
    After applying 1.17 to my UNLOCKED Cingular I ended up with firmware version 1.51 and software version 1.17CNG and an apparently LOCKED Cingular 650. I reapplied the Subsidy Unlock Code, but the phone still seems to be locked. I don't have another carrier's sim card to try, but before the update, once the phone was unlocked, under phone info I had an additional choice, "Choose network". This option is no longer available. Also I had DUN and that has disappeared, as well. Does anyone know how to tell if the phone is still unlocked? I don't want to get to Europe and not be able to use a prepaid sim card. TIA
    Yep, that hack just did it again....! After installing the 1.17CNGupdate I got a launch error message saying that the applicationcannot be launchedbecuaeit is missing localization information. After two hard resets and going thru the trouble of re-installing all my stuff it worked. Now after downloading the hack - the right one and moving it from the SD card to RAM (or did I move it to ROM, which was checked??) I'm back to the launch problem. Any idea how I can get around another hard reset to correct this or delete the file?
    Treo 650 | 01.51| 1.17 - CNG |
    maybe is could be that At&t(blue) is no more
    realize Cingular bought them.

And as far as the network goes. Cingular (orange) is taking over all the blue towers 1 by 1 by 1. Y well cause they own them now
    Soon all your At&t phones and plans will be no more. at&t will not release any new plans and they are doing away with the phones. The only people who will really get to stay truely on the blue side will be large company's that have accounts with us..and soon that will also go.

Even if you had a network selection menu..you still couldnt pick At&t (blue) cause it would say cingular... only people that can do that is techs....and they would have to have a good reason to do it...tech do it on the back end... If you try it yourself on the phone ur most likely to get reg failed. Why? well cause ur cingular not at&t. i belive in about 1-2 years they should have all the blue tower converted to orange
    Last edited by TORR3NT; 11/27/2005 at 11:58 AM.
    sounds pretty acurate.
    Quote Originally Posted by BillP3393
    After applying 1.17 to my UNLOCKED Cingular I ended up with firmware version 1.51 and software version 1.17CNG and an apparently LOCKED Cingular 650. I reapplied the Subsidy Unlock Code, but the phone still seems to be locked. I don't have another carrier's sim card to try, but before the update, once the phone was unlocked, under phone info I had an additional choice, "Choose network". This option is no longer available. Also I had DUN and that has disappeared, as well. Does anyone know how to tell if the phone is still unlocked? I don't want to get to Europe and not be able to use a prepaid sim card. TIA

The disappearance of the "network select" menu has nothing to do with the subsidy unlock. It is simply cingular's "improvement" to the firmware - controlling which of their towers is accessed without allowing the user to override. TaylorH's hack simply allows that menu to show itself again.

Again, this has nothing to do with "unlocking" the phone. Once your phone's particular IMEI is unlocked, it should remain unlocked, regardless of the firmware.
    I know hear in Northern California, some towers were sold to T-mobile, which roamed on Cingular orange and had no propriatary network. I think Cingular keeps the better ones, regardless of if they were from AT&T or not.