Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    ive been using both johnnytk36's and now taylorh's modified hack since they both were posted. i can definately verify that they do NOT cause any hangs, resets, crashes, etc
    OK, as far as i can tell it is not the hack causing my problems. With the hack modded taylorh's way the phone app crashed. But with it modded my way it only slowed down to a very snail pace. I think it is butler causing it. Yes i have version 3.17 too. I have butler uninstalled and see if my problems continue and if the dont i am going to reinstall it and see what part of it is causing the problem. (i think it is the voicemail alert, if it is butler)

Taylorh here is a orginal cingular 1.15 Phone_enUS.prc for you to mod. I used a hex editer like you and got it to work but maybe i did something wrong. I'll let you mod it since i know you know how.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Cingular Branded Treo 650
    Firmware: 1.51
    Software: 1.13

----
    JK
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnytk36
    Here is the modded file, let me know if it works.

FOR TREO 600 WITH SAME SOFTWARE VERSION AS treoluv ONLY
    Dear Jonhnie,

The patched file works great, however the menu lost "Views" and it won't let me choose the Third Cingular in the select menu list. I enclosed herewith the picture "before" and "after" install the patched file.

Tks for HELP again

http://photobucket.com/albums/a106/t...re_install.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/a106/t...er_install.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv
    Dear Jonhnie,

The patched file works great, however the menu lost "Views" and it won't let me choose the Third Cingular in the select menu list. I enclosed herewith the picture "before" and "after" install the patched file.

Tks for HELP again

http://photobucket.com/albums/a106/t...re_install.jpg
    http://photobucket.com/albums/a106/t...er_install.jpg

The third cingular is T-Mobile and probley won't be able to connect to it since cingular dosen't have a roaming agreement with them in most areas any more.

Ill see what i can do about the views menu.

----
    JK
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    You are using a cingular sim card?

Do you have aything else modding your phone, because all mine says is cingular 3 times?

We need to figure out why you can see the reals names of the networks instead of cingular for the rest of us.
    First, I woulk like to declare s/thing: I have 3 phones on hand: 650 x 2, 600 x 1. All of them are locked with Cingular Orange, except Treo 600.

My GF and I both use Cingular Orange SIMs. However, after she spent 30' with Cing Rep. complainning about the same problem with all folks here, the Rep. sent something which required the soft reset (pop-up on the 650 screen), then voilą on the phone it shows up 3 different names (Cingular, Cingular Wireless, T-mobile). However, when I pop in my SIM (which is not spending 30' with Cing's Rep) to her phone (tweaked with your patched file here), there are 3 same names in the columm exactly as we are dissusing here.

For further discussing: I did try to test other SIMs from Cingular Blue, T-mobile and VINAPHONE (the foreigner carrier Vietnam), and ALL of them shows "Select Network" (while wireless mode is on) without installing our patched file.

Conclusion: do not sign up the contract with Cingular Orange anymore unless they change their policy. That's is the only one looser lock the function of the phone via SIM cards.
    Quote Originally Posted by treoluv
    However, after she spent 30' with Cing Rep. complainning about the same problem with all folks here, the Rep. sent something which required the soft reset (pop-up on the 650 screen), then voilą on the phone it shows up 3 different names (Cingular, Cingular Wireless, T-mobile).
    Are you saying they have an OTA (over the air) update that will re-program the SIM so it shows the different carrier's actual names instead of masking them all as "Cingular"?
    Before:
    Cingular
    Cingular
    Cingular

After:
    Cingular
    Cingular Wireless
    T-Mobile
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Taylorh here is a orginal cingular 1.15 Phone_enUS.prc for you to mod. I used a hex editer like you and got it to work but maybe i did something wrong. I'll let you mod it since i know you know how.
    Here it is. I suspect something other than the hack is causing your problems. The way to know is to simply delete the hack file and see if you still have the problem.

And for the record, this file here is for Cingular 1.15, not for unlocked/PalmoneBranded (ROW)
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Can anyone confirm this hack works on a Cingular w/ 1.15/1.31?
    I was successfully using it with 1.28 ROW, but get endless resets w/ new update.
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Here it is. I suspect something other than the hack is causing your problems. The way to know is to simply delete the hack file and see if you still have the problem.

And for the record, this file here is for Cingular 1.15, not for unlocked/PalmoneBranded (ROW)
    I did delete the hack and installed my old hack. The phone didn't crash, but only slowed to a very slow pace. I think it is a combination of a couple programs that is doing it, but mostly i think it is butler.

I am doing some testing and i do agree that i don't think it was the hack.

It was just one of a few things that i had changed and i had to enliminate it as a suspect.

----
    JK
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    Can anyone confirm this hack works on a Cingular w/ 1.15/1.31?
    I was successfully using it with 1.28 ROW, but get endless resets w/ new update.
    There are two different hacks. One for ROW, one for Cingular (CNG.)
    They are different only in that the source file that was used to create the hack came from their respective versions.
    We know the ROW version causes endless reboots on the cingular phone, and I would assume the Cingular version could do the same on ROW.
    So make sure you're using the right version.

I'm also going to re-post them to this message.
    They will be posted with modified filenames -CNG and -ROW. Note, the filenames won't affect installation. PalmOS will re-name it correctly when you install it to RAM (Phone_enUS.PRC

CNG: Is for: Software: 1.15-CNG
    ROW: Is for: Software: 1.13-ROW

CNB (Cingular Blue) shouldn't need the hack because they are locked to the (former) AT&T SIMs which do not supress the 'select network' option.
    For those whe don't know, you view your version from the Phone application: menu/options/phone info.
    Last edited by taylorh; 08/03/2005 at 08:25 PM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    I did delete the hack and installed my old hack. The phone didn't crash, but only slowed to a very slow pace. I think it is a combination of a couple programs that is doing it, but mostly i think it is butler.

I am doing some testing and i do agree that i don't think it was the hack.

It was just one of a few things that i had changed and i had to enliminate it as a suspect.
    What I was saying, however, was to completely remove all/both hacks and see if you still have the problems.
    If you remove both, and still have the problem, then you know it's not the hack.

I keep the hack on my SD card and just copy it to RAM to install it. If I have any problems I know I can easily delete it from RAM, see if the problem persists, and simply re-copy it back to RAM when needed.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    There are two different hacks. One for ROW, one for Cingular (CNG.)
    They are different only in that the source file that was used to create the hack came from their respective versions.
    We know the ROW version causes endless reboots on the cingular phone, and I would assume the Cingular version could do the same on ROW.
    So make sure you're using the right version.

I'm also going to re-post them to this message.
    They will be posted with modified filenames -CNG and -ROW. Note, the filenames won't affect installation. PalmOS will re-name it correctly when you install it to RAM (Phone_enUS.PRC

CNG: Is for: Firmware: 1.31 / Software: 1.15-CNG
    ROW: Is for: Firmware: 1.28 / Software: 1.13-ROW

CNB (Cingular Blue) shouldn't need the hack because they are locked to the (former) AT&T SIMs which do not supress the 'select network' option.
    For those whe don't know, you view your version from the Phone application: menu/options/phone info.
    Row could also be used for: Firmware: 1.31 / Software: 1.13-ROW. Correct? That is what I have and no problems with the hack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mateen
    Row could also be used for: Firmware: 1.31 / Software: 1.13-ROW. Correct? That is what I have and no problems with the hack.
    I don't think the firmware version makes any difference since this is a modification to the software.
    The important thing is the software. I'm not even sure the software version makes any difference as long as you have the right carrier version (ROW, CNG, etc.)

Where did you get Firmware 1.31 with Sofware 1.13-ROW?
    The latest ROW updater is FW1.28/SW1.13.
    -Update-
    Nevermind, I read the threads that explain how to update the firmware to 1.31
    Last edited by taylorh; 08/02/2005 at 01:43 AM.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Thanks, this worked...but now I only see 2 Cingulars. With ROW I saw 3
    digitalfx
    Former Treo 650 user
    now happy HTC TyTn owner
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I don't think the firmware version makes any difference since this is a modification to the software.
    The important thing is the software.

Where did you get Firmware 1.31 with Sofware 1.13-ROW?
    The latest ROW updater is FW1.28/SW1.13.
    Did you install the cingular 1.15-CNG and then re-install the 1.13-ROW back over it? I imagine installing the CNG update would bring your FW up to 1.31 and the ROW updare would not downgrade you back to 1.28.
    The following link would give you the stand alone Firmware 1.31. Thats how I went from Firmware 1.28 to Firmware 1.31 with Sofware 1.13-ROW. And it has been the most stable for me. No more freezes so far (4 days)
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=91711
    i am in mexico and i am currently experiences outtages in telcel's crappy network that i previously posted no problems with! i have friends who have cingular and have a cheap little motorola phone that switches to another network when telcel goes down. of course, mine does not. i have spoken with cingular international customer service and they follow their little troubleshooting guide to direct me to the select network option which of course doesnt exist while my phone is on. i did a sim card swap with my friends who connect to the other network automatically and yes in my phone it connected automatically to the alternate network. so i/we think it may be a new sim card thing. i dont know. i have a new sim card on the way. i was gonna wait to see if a new sim card worked before i tried this hack but i decided to try while new sim card is on the way anyway. anyway, the hotsync will not let me install. keeps giving errors. anybody know whats going on here or have any ideas or insight on this install and other issues. i know this topic is getting pretty old now. thanks.
  17.    #217  
    not sure if you can hotsync the hack. copy the .prc to your SD card and copy it to RAM, if u dont have a SD and reader, try emailing it to urself
    got the file on SD already. im assuming i need a special file reader to move it to the handset because trying to copy using default software doesnt work. it doesnt show up on the card when i try to copy file from card to phone.
    oh, cant email to myself now since the FREAKING NETWORK IS DOWN! i miss the good ol USA.
  20.    #220  
    use FileZ.. if you dont have that by now, i dont know how you got along without it!
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast