Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Went to best buy and picked up a treo w/ cingular service today. I was pleasantly surprised at how easily i was able to get the unlock from cingular's csr. so now i get to return tomorrow, cancel cingular, and buy the phone outright. anyway...

so i popped in my tmo sim and off we go. the problem i just realized though, is that my incoming calls aren't making it to my phone, they're going straight to vm. any experience or advice here guys? is this likely a coinsidence or what?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    nm...swapped sims a few times and all is good
    kap09,

Explain what you have done?? How much will the 650 end up costing you?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    well my original plan was to activate service with cingular to save money by getting a subsidized phone. i was going to keep both phones, however i was going to unlock the treo and use w/ tmo, and use my unlocked 315 on cingular.

what changed my mind was the 150 dollar deposit cingular required. especially because i had a coupon for best buy applied to the handset. so factor in the discount at each price point, add the 150 yadda yadda, basically i decided to invest the extra 40 bucks and buy the phone outright.

however i still activated service. i came home and immediately called cingular and got the unlock from the csr. i've tested the phone w/ tmo a few days, and it works great. so i will go back to best buy, cancel cingular (14 days) and buy the treo outright. the phone is going to cost 569 (after 5% off coupon)
    3390 (cingular) --> v66 (tmo) --> s105 (tmo) --> sidekick color (tmo) | e315 (tmo) | treo650 (tmo)
    I just got my 650 (unlocked gsm) and put my t-mo card in and it works fine. You should go to the phone screen and go to Call preferences within the options menu. You might have somehow set the phone to forward directly to voice-mail instead of to receive calls. Make sure also that all of the settings are correct there. I would also check "Call Info" under options menu in the phone screen. Is this your first treo?...you can call t-mo customer service. I spoke with them today and they're still supporting the 600 which has the same setup screens as the 650.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!