1.    #1  
    I'm planning to switch from a Nokia 6600 with T-Mobile to a Treo 650, but the various data plan offerings are very confusing.

With T-Mobile and my 6600, I'm able to check my POP email and do limited WAP browsing by subscribing to a $5/month T-Zones offering.

With Cingular, it looks like I'd have to buy a $40 PDA Connect Unlimited plan, though I also have seen a MEdia Net Unlimited plan for $20/month. What's the difference when using a Treo 650?

If I bought an unlocked Treo 650, could I use it with my T-Mobile T-Zones or would I need to buy the $30 T-Mobile Internet Plan? (Also, I've heard about a $20 T-Mobile data plan, but I can't seem to find it on the T-Mobile website.)

And what about Verizon and Sprint? Are either of them worth considering? I've enjoyed using GSM, but am not sure if it really makes a difference.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by jalperin
    IWith T-Mobile and my 6600, I'm able to check my POP email and do limited WAP browsing by subscribing to a $5/month T-Zones offering.

With Cingular, it looks like I'd have to buy a $40 PDA Connect Unlimited plan, though I also have seen a MEdia Net Unlimited plan for $20/month. What's the difference when using a Treo 650?

If I bought an unlocked Treo 650, could I use it with my T-Mobile T-Zones or would I need to buy the $30 T-Mobile Internet Plan? (Also, I've heard about a $20 T-Mobile data plan, but I can't seem to find it on the T-Mobile website.)
    If you do not tell T-Mo you can keep T-Zones but search the forum for some restrictions on using it with 650. The $20 unlimited data @ T-Mo is only in connection with voice plans of $39.99+. Does not show up on web-site until you order, or if you call they can give it to you.

Cingular may have brought back the $20 Media ???? unlimited plan, see elsewhere in the discussions.

Good luck
    Gahh, apparently I had not looked at your post adequately enough and answered the wrong question

Cingular would charge the same for the Treo 600 and 650, can't say anything about T-Mobile because I don't know. However I imagine they would charge whatever it is they charge for other PDA phones. I can tell you that Sprint is the cheapest in more ways than one. When you sign up for the Premium Pack for $15 you also get $10 worth credit to download ringtones and stuff. If you travel internationally a lot then I would suggest not going with a CDMA carrier, as it is nearly impossible to find a CDMA carrier in most other countries. If you are a heavy data user then I would suggest Cingular because they have the fastest internet speeds right now. You could wait for a UMTS smartphone and go to T-Mobile (I believe they are planning to roll out with UMTS soon), but until then with the Treo 650, Cingular provides the fastest internet.
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 06/05/2005 at 02:25 PM.

T-Mobile internet option is available for most phone supported
    the best bet is pick treo600 as my phone, and add it online
    T-Zones is OK for treo EXCEPT you need secure web, IM over GPRS (use agile), or streaming audio (shoutcast only)
    go cingular. jus DO NOT ADD the PDA data plan when you purchase the 650. at a later date call and add the MediaNet unlimited for 19.99. do not mention treo or PDA.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"