1.    #1  
    Hey,

I'm currently on T-Mobile with my 650, but I'm thinking about switching. With their limited spectrum coverage which never seems to expand, and their recent announcement of no Edge until 07, I think I can't be here anymore.

Although I remember hearing that Cingular is more expensive with their data plans? Is this true, and if so what plan is recommended? I'm currently playing like 80 a month on T-Mobile. That's 20 for their unlimited plan (of which I use like 9-10MBs a month), 40 for their 600 minute voice plan (of which I use about 200), and it also looks like I'm being charged for MMS and SMS.

I'd also like to move my Wife onto a family plan. She's currently with Verizon. Would it be best to maybe get a family plan through Amazon, then switch the numbers, then just switch the SIM into the Treo?
    current: GSM Unlocked, SonyEricsson T610 Unlocked
    macuser: AI 1.5 & Pismo 500
    You could just go into a cingular store and do a no contract deal, but yuou won't get M2M.
    Quote Originally Posted by neps
    Hey,

I'm currently on T-Mobile with my 650, but I'm thinking about switching. With their limited spectrum coverage which never seems to expand, and their recent announcement of no Edge until 07, I think I can't be here anymore.

Although I remember hearing that Cingular is more expensive with their data plans? Is this true, and if so what plan is recommended? I'm currently playing like 80 a month on T-Mobile. That's 20 for their unlimited plan (of which I use like 9-10MBs a month), 40 for their 600 minute voice plan (of which I use about 200), and it also looks like I'm being charged for MMS and SMS.

I'd also like to move my Wife onto a family plan. She's currently with Verizon. Would it be best to maybe get a family plan through Amazon, then switch the numbers, then just switch the SIM into the Treo?
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    You can get the Cingular Nation plan which is 450 Daytime Minutes, 5000 Night and Weekend Minutes, unlimited M2M and as a bonus you also get Rollover Minutes........all for 39.99. Add a line for 9.99 and add the Media Unlimited which is back at 19.99. Total before taxes will be 69.97. Get the freebie phones, give one to your wife and sell the other on e-bay. (That way they think your using Media Unlimited on your free phone) Drop your sim card in your Treo and you are set.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
    by the employee from T-Mobile store, EDGE will be available in 3q, 2007 for 3G (if they got 1700 and 2100)
    correction
    3q 2005 for EDGE
    2007 for 3G
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mingkee
    correction
    3q 2005 for EDGE
    2007 for 3G
    Is this supposed to be nationwide or selected markets?
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    You can get the Cingular Nation plan which is 450 Daytime Minutes, 5000 Night and Weekend Minutes, unlimited M2M and as a bonus you also get Rollover Minutes........all for 39.99. Add a line for 9.99 and add the Media Unlimited which is back at 19.99. Total before taxes will be 69.97. Get the freebie phones, give one to your wife and sell the other on e-bay. (That way they think your using Media Unlimited on your free phone) Drop your sim card in your Treo and you are set.
    I would have been up for that plan myself, but when I just called up and asked Cingular about it, they said that you can't add a phone to the 450 daytime plan, that's an individual plan only, you have to select the 500 family plan which is $60/month. Then when you add unlimited, you're already up to $80. Since I need to add text messaging, there's no way that this plan can compete with my t-mobile plan with similar features. Too bad, I was really hoping I could move and pick up a 650 when I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by mingkee
    correction
    3q 2005 for EDGE
    2007 for 3G
    Implementing 3G networks in 3Q is not TMO's fault. Our current government regulations place stipulations on frequencies they sell to cellular companies that ultimately leads to higher consumer prices across the board. So, blame the government...not TMO!
    You never lived until you almost died!